X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvements on Beta2 firmware

Hi,
    Is there any news about new firmware (beta2) . When will it release ?
    Do we know, what are the improvements on it? Any improvements on wireless signal, booting problem, 1080p screen support etc ?
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by baybora72 View Post
      Hi,
      Is there any news about new firmware (beta2) . When will it release ?
      Do we know, what are the improvements on it? Any improvements on wireless signal, booting problem, 1080p screen support etc ?
      Regards

After Halloween, i think

happy halloween bob !

Comment

Link to flashtool 1.5, anyone?

Hello.

Anyone has a working flash tool 1.5?
        The ones I have found here and here did not work well.

First RKBatchTool.exe (found inside the .rar-archive) did not load the settings file, secondly it crashed when I tried to load the .img-file.

If possible, post a DropBox-link so the download will go much faster.

Greetings from Sweden!

Comment

Originally posted by n8dogg515 View Post
          Mine came with a 2A adapter as well. The thought of the OP is that the charger some of ours came with is garbage, lets off a ton of interference (either RF related, or just a dirty AC-DC convertion/current), and effects the Wifi signal. After I got a couple of apps installed from the Play Store, the 850ma adapter was no longer able to power the device, it started a reboot loop. Returning to the original 2A charger allowed me to power back up, but the Wifi Signal was again degraded, and Youtube would not buffer or play.

I don't know if my issue is different, but my signal only shows 2-3 bars of signal, and I am very close to my router. It will initially show 65Mbps, and slow to 5Mbps and become a worthless dongle. With the different power supply, I had a full 5 bars of signal, and it never left 65Mbps. I would like to know if anybody else can identify with this issue and try what I have tried, preferably with a stronger power adapter.
          Hi at all!

This is what i found out, too (see my post #99).

On my MK808 i have only a wireless touch keyboard (Logitech KI 400) and my 42" LCD.

I have it tested the last two days again and again. With the original 2A adapter there are the WiFi issues and if i use my old HTC power supply (5V/1A) it will works and works and works. Play Store, YouTube, Browser and TV-Streaming running without any interrupts und problems at all HDMI-Modes and a Router connection with 36 - 54 Mbps.
          I think too, that the orignal adapter is a cheap product and makes HF-interferences and/or bad DC with spikes at the 5V.
          I want to test it and search the problems, but my Hameg-Oszilloscope is out of order.

Comment

Renaming Flash Tool 1.5 to work

Originally posted by spooky View Post
            Hello.

Anyone has a working flash tool 1.5?
            The ones I have found here and here did not work well.

First RKBatchTool.exe (found inside the .rar-archive) did not load the settings file, secondly it crashed when I tried to load the .img-file.

If possible, post a DropBox-link so the download will go much faster.

Greetings from Sweden!
            I had the same problem getting "flash tool 1.5" to work. I kept getting the config file failed to load message. And then loading the .IMG would crash the program for me in Windows 7 32-bit.

Then I read somewhere that you need to rename the folder containing the "RKBatchTool.exe" file to something with English, as opposed to Chinese, characters. So I renamed the folder "量产工具1.5" to "Tool" and it worked.

The file located at http://uploading.com/files/get/9747b...tool%2B1.5.rar worked for me after renaming it (I just tried renaming the folder again and it worked again). I think once you get the config file to successfully load, then the .IMG file will also load. At least that is how it worked for me. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by coke.zero.head View Post
              I had the same problem getting "flash tool 1.5" to work. I kept getting the config file failed to load message. And then loading the .IMG would crash the program for me in Windows 7 32-bit.

Then I read somewhere that you need to rename the folder containing the "RKBatchTool.exe" file to something with English, as opposed to Chinese, characters. So I renamed the folder "量产工具1.5" to "Tool" and it worked.

The file located at http://uploading.com/files/get/9747b...tool%2B1.5.rar worked for me after renaming it (I just tried renaming the folder again and it worked again). I think once you get the config file to successfully load, then the .IMG file will also load. At least that is how it worked for me. Good luck!

Hmm... I will try different chargers tonight and see if the WiFi is better.

Thanks for the feedback!
              Last edited by vampirex; 11-01-2012, 23:31.
              MK808 - Ubuntu 12.10 home://io (Olegk0 3.0.8 Kernel)

Comment

Hello all,
                got my MK808 mini TV and flashed it w the 1.5 firmware and I now see less options (for instance in display options only resolution change is now visible, can't change wallpaper etc). Am I missing something?

Comment

Hey all,
                  First of all thanks for this rom and all the work you give to support the MK808.

I just flashed my dongle with your rom and have two questions:
                  - how to be back to stock rom, because i cant use the rktoolbatch to do it on win seven 64X, each time i have config error and the prog just shut down after searchig for the stock image; in that way because your flash tool is working for me, mayb a way to reflash to stock rom.

- i noticed some files or folder with unknown name or with strange name on the nand; i cant see the standart list of folder like mnt and so on.
                  EDIT: reply to myself i made another flash with two or three erase before flashing and all folders and files are now ok

i have to say the mk is working well but now to reflash i have to use the way to unbrick the mk by opening the case and pointing the pin 8 and 9 of the nand.

Thanks
                  Last edited by rouletabille; 11-01-2012, 18:54.

Comment

AW: MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

Originally posted by rouletabille View Post
                    Hey all,
                    First of all thanks for this rom and all the work you give to support the MK808.

I just flashed my dongle with your rom and have two questions:
                    - how to be back to stock rom, because i cant use the rktoolbatch to do it on win seven 64X, each time i have config error and the prog just shut down after searchig for the stock image; in that way because your flash tool is working for me, mayb a way to reflash to stock rom.

- i noticed some files or folder with unknown name or with strange name on the nand; i cant see the standart list of folder like mnt and so on.

i have to say the mk is working well but now to reflash i have to use the way to unbrick the mk by opening the case and pointing the pin 8 and 9 of the nand.

Thanks
                    I have also x64 and no problem so far

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Im talking about rktoolflash 1.5 the one from geekbuy to reflash in stock rom.

this config doesnt work for, but the the flash prog from Finless is working like a charm, in that case i can use this prog to reflash in stock rom but how to do this ?

Maybe you have a good rktoolflash prog thanks to say where i can find it

Comment

Originally posted by vampirex View Post
                        Hmm... I will try different chargers tonight and see if the WiFi is better.

Thanks for the feedback!
                        I used separate 5v 2a charger for my MK808 and wifi still bad unfortunately Same charger that I use for my Uhost.

Comment

Originally posted by rouletabille View Post
                          Im talking about rktoolflash 1.5 the one from geekbuy to reflash in stock rom.

this config doesnt work for, but the the flash prog from Finless is working like a charm, in that case i can use this prog to reflash in stock rom but how to do this ?

Maybe you have a good rktoolflash prog thanks to say where i can find it
                          Stock ROM is in update.img format. My flash tool cannot use update.img format! To flash a update.img you need RKBatchtool 1.5. Since you already have the drivers installed to use my flash tool, RKBatchtool should also work as it uses the same drivers!

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Okay,

Could totally be something I did.... but I flashed the 1.5. DL'd Antutu, Quadrant, ES FileManager, Antutu CPU Master and some other stuff.

Issues encountered.

-Won't run Quadrant. When you click on run benchmark, I get a gray screen.... nothing else.
                            -When playing MKV's off my NAS, it is extremely jerky. Probably has alot to do with DL speed to my wifi. Can play Netflix... but I am unable to determine if I am getting HD or not.
                            -Used the Antutu CPU Master to adjust clock speed to 1416/1416..... unplugged power, replugged power and now it sits at the boot screen.... just pulsing. Never gets past that point.

So far am loving the ROM.... and completely appreciate the hard work Bob and others (mainly Bob) are putting into this. Wish the Chinese manuf. had put half the effort in that Bob has.... then Bob wouldn't have had to do anything. This post isn't to complain, just to make note of bugs.

Comment

Stay tuned. I will have a 1.5A version based on the new BETA 2 release I got last night. Hopefully they fixed some of these issues. Worst issue I have seen so far is stability. It sucks to have to reflash the ROM when it corrupts /data when you unplug the unit or use the reboot APP.

I should have the new ROM out tomorrow.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Stay tuned. I will have a 1.5A version based on the new BETA 2 release I got last night. Hopefully they fixed some of these issues. Worst issue I have seen so far is stability. It sucks to have to reflash the ROM when it corrupts /data when you unplug the unit or use the reboot APP.

I should have the new ROM out tomorrow.

Bob

Bob,

If you ever come to Pgh or the surrounding area... drinks are on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X