Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone working on firmware for the Eny M8S Amlogic S812 square box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a new firmware version released "em8s-eng-1114-20150523.rar" https://mega.co.nz/#!zU0wHC5b!5X6un1...256a9xjvlmD3Oc this version works almost perfectly, but this caused Ethernet+Wi-Fi problem that it get disconnected every 10-15 minutes, and then need to re-enable it in the network settings. I flashed it with the toothpick-method and extracted the 3 files on a empty sdcard.
    Last edited by rev0lt; 06-05-2015, 22:23.

Comment

Does someone knows the latest stable firmware for Eny M8S 812S ???

Comment

I also found this version KoDi_EM8S_eng_1114_20150123.rar http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDtQ6oL

Comment

They all have various issues... ENY's software is not very good and personally I don't see it getting any better as they've been releasing various version since the beginning of the year and everyone of them have one thing or another not working in them...

Stane's software other then some private software not available in the public is by far the best version sofar... OpenELEC from the Russian guy also seems not to bad . just older version of Kodi and its kernel compared to the official versions...

The Actual unit itself is a pretty decent unit and easily keeps up with my minix rk3288's ... its just a lack of any real solid software that's holding these units back...
          Last edited by buzzmarshall; 06-07-2015, 16:16. Reason: added the bottom content...

Comment

Where to download other private stable firmware for M8S S812 ??? I've found the Stane's version "20150129-eny-m8s.zip" : https://mega.co.nz/#!TBd2FTJb!ez8HoC...dGGsalXCfu0TYQ
            Last edited by rev0lt; 06-08-2015, 19:56.

Comment

If I flash to OpenElec and/or Stane's firmware, can I flash back to stock firmware?

Comment

Here is latest version of OpenElec 5.0.8 for s806/S812 is this stable? http://www.amlinux.ru/image/5.0.8/Op....arm-5.0.8.zip

Comment

Is this latest Stane's version "20150129-eny-m8s.zip" ??? : https://mega.co.nz/#!TBd2FTJb!ez8HoC...dGGsalXCfu0TYQ
                  Last edited by rev0lt; 06-08-2015, 19:58.

Comment

I tried flashing shane's version with toothpich-method but it said verification error? Any solutions how to install Shane's version?

Comment

Ya ... sometimes its hard to tell what file is what but based on the name and date I think that's the Stane's... I couldn't get it to boot from toothpick/recorvery method but found if I started the box back up and used the Android Backup/Update program and just pointed the update path to the external sd card that I was trying to install using the recovery method it installed just fine... It seemed to run fine and I switched Kodi over to the newest 15 series beta with a few plugins and seemed to run pretty good...

I had no issue going back to other software when I was done with OpenELEC or Stanes Firmware when I was done checking them out... I think the only issue I had with either one was I needed to dick around with my remote.conf file to get this stupid round remote to work properly ... As well to be honest with Stanes firmware I never really put it to a great deal of testing other then running Kodi... I don't use Android so other then some rudimentary tests I never really looked at testing the Android side of things...

To be honest I find some of the older 2014 Eny releases seem to be more stable then the newer ones its just you need to remove and reinstall some of the apps on the older releases...

What baffles me is it seems like when Eny releases something newer it seems to fix something but then it ends up breaking something that was working in the previous version that wasn't really broken... Im not quite sure what their issue is but it sure makes one want to scratch their head...

The private software I was referencing isn't available publicly at this time and its a custom Linux system focused strictly on media streaming (kodi) and a few other custom clients streaming some other transport streams that are out there... Androids not really high on my list and until I can finish getting the kinks out of my dual-boot u-boot code I may just for-go worrying about Android and not bother with it...

Comment

here are the links to download the firmwares from baidu without having an account with them. I got my M8s with a very nice firmware but i flashed the em8s-eng-1114-20150523.rar hoping to have new feature but that was a really bad idea i hope one f these can get me back to the original firmware with nice navbar with hiding option and freeing ram features.

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!

After trying out every single firmware this is http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=121...988139&third=0 the one that my box had before i flashed the em8s-eng-1114-20150523.rar best stock rom so far!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Did you not have any problems with network connection that is disconnects every 10 minutes with "em8s-eng-1114-20150523.rar" ?? How to fix this? Btw I can't downgrade anymore, and Shane's version says verification error, do I need to use TWRP for Shane's version?
                            Last edited by rev0lt; 06-09-2015, 21:46.

Comment

I tried TWRP 2.8.5.0 for M8N http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml....8.5.0_M8N.img, I renamed it to recovery.img and replaced it with the recovery.img on the sdcard for toothpick flash method, once booted in TWRP I selected Shanes's .zip file from sdcard, but when trying to flash it said the .ZIP was corrupted??? I also disabled all the checks to bypass md5 and file verification. Any solutions to install Shane's rom version?

Comment

I've just purchased an M8S box from ****. Firmware was KOT49H.20150427 test-keys. I thought that (incorrectly as it appears) it was manufactured by ENY, downloaded the latest firmware and flashed it, by SD card, to the box. What a mistake! The software runs but WiFi/Ethernet connections keep dropping off. The remote control (with rounded corners) has the Home and List keys swapped over with the Volume + and -.
                                Further Kodi does not run on the box.
                                I've tried to find the correct firmware online and tried any version of M8S that I came across, but I can't get back to fully working firmware. Can anyone help?

Comment

Working...
                                X