NEW - 900 Supersport 1.1 rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini 1.05 16 Dec 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - 900 Supersport 1.1 rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini 1.05 16 Dec 2012

I've just uploaded a new ROM kit for the Cube U30GT Mini based on Cube's U30GT MINI_v1.05_20121214 Firmware.

ROM => Download posted here
    • bloat removed
    • English
    • working keyboard
    • market/play fix for more apps *
    • busybox integration
    • init.d support
    • Touch based Clockwork Recovery by 900supersport
    • 2 gig space for apps

Notes
    1. for the market fix I've not changed build prop to spoof another device. If you want to do this it's easy either by editing build.prop by hand or using one of the editors available on google play.
    2. I've included my usual fix for contacts though it does not seem to work on this ROM, I.m looking at this
    3. I'm arranging updated boot screens
    4. Keyboard needs installing from sdcard. Download attached, unzip, push to sdcard via USB and then use explorer to locate press latinIME.apk and install and you should now be good.
    5. I've also made the correct kernel available, if the LatinIME.apk is not in the toolkit then download, unzip, place in the 900supersport folder of my ROM kit, replacing the one there, and flash just this kernel.img

Keyboard Download

Kernel Download

As and when I sort 2 and 3 I will update the ROM kit and make the updates available either by CWM or Petrus's App injector

Instructions
    • Remove sdcard before flashing otherwise it may get re formatted
    • Unzip
    • open the folder.
    • Connect the cube
    • Double click the ROM Flash Tool
    • start the cube in flash mode (hold vol+ and power for 3 to 4 seconds then release power then volume)
    • If you do not have drivers already installed they are included with the rom kit in the drivers folder
    • Once drivers installed the flash tool should see your cubeand update the status at the bottom
    • Click the [Erase NAND (IDB)]button, you should see progress recorded on the right up to 4096
    • Once complete click Flash ROM, again follow progress until done
    • The cube should now restart, it will pause on the peas screen for a while as filesystems are formatted mounted and initialised
    At the clockwork screen press the power button to restart (if you go on to use clockwork the volume + and - buttons scroll up and down and power is select)

The Cube should now reboot showing Tattmans boot animation and then start up in English. First boot you will need to format internal sdcard then you should be good.

All feedback appreciated

Enjoy

PS
    my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs, and to tattman for the boot screens

the stock ROM also available with the ROM kit.
    Last edited by 900supersport; 01-09-2013, 19:15.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Thank master.
    Downloading...

Comment

Flashed, got black screen on first start but looks fine now.
      And now my sd card is working! i have tried 3 firmwares and this is the first i got it to work.
      Keybord is not working, but i downloaded scandinavian keybord by my pc as apk and now it,s working fine whith that. http://code.google.com/p/scandinavia..._1.4.7_ics.apk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

If the keyboard is not working check if the cube is defaulting to Google talk on language and input.
        Attached Files
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

I checked before i downloaded the scandinavian keyboard and the android keyboard was checked, but it crashed every time i should write something. by the way it look like some more games are working now, and i have had some problem watching streams from my nas but now it works just fine. Have only been testing it for like 15 minutes but this looks like a winner
          Last edited by xxbiker; 12-16-2012, 23:23. Reason: spelling...

Comment

I had a couple of fc on first changing to the stock keyboard, restarted the cube and been perfect since. I've been using it for email and most of my posts since the posts announcing this ROM.

Agree it seems a good ROM so far. I like the addition of screenshot too :-)
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Last edited by xxbiker; 12-16-2012, 23:46. Reason: one more

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot, it tells me two things,
                1. I've uploaded the wrong kernel in my ROM kit, I'll sort that tomorrow evening.
                2. You have not fixed the internal sdcard. Press the notification just to the left of download arrow and follow the options to format the sdcard

For piece of mind you may want to remove the external sdcard before the repair. The sdcard could be why the keyboard would not work for you.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Comment

Got error when pressed ERASE IDB in RKtools, after that can't erease nand or flash fw.
                    It means I've bricked my tablet. Just got it two days ago with 1.03fw

Comment

I dont think you bricked it, try to get it on flashmod. If the flasjtool finds it. Its not bricked. Then just try another usb cable and another usb port. It seems importent too use usb from back of pc.

Comment

Thanks, flashed it from another pc, and it works only still problem with keyboard.

Comment

just want to know,

is the battery bug fixed in this 1.05?

Comment

Re: NEW - 900 Supersport 1.1 rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini 1.05 16 Dec 2012

Originally posted by S1eepy View Post
                            Thanks, flashed it from another pc, and it works only still problem with keyboard.
                            With the keyboard I found when I changed the default from Google voice to the normal keyboard I got a force close. I restarted the tab and it's been good since.

I'm going to correct my error with the kernel and reflashing the full ROM, hopefully tonight.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I have solved the keyboard problem with Swype.
                              Wouldn't it be patch to not install it all over again?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X