iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
    Samba is fast and reliable, I routinely reach my network maximum using Samba shares. I hate to just say "use samba" but this is the real solution here.

-HBomb187
    OK. Fair enought. What is the best way to automount samba shares on wifi on?

Comment

ClockWorkMod Recovery on iMito MX1

Hi,
      Today I found interesting post which is good to share here. There is ClockWorkMod Recovery for iMito Mx1/2, which works on Finless ROM 1.5. I I've already flashed my TV Stick without a problem.

Here is link: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/install/

Best
      Cogo

Comment

Originally posted by cogo View Post
        Hi,
        Today I found interesting post which is good to share here. There is ClockWorkMod Recovery for iMito Mx1/2, which works on Finless ROM 1.5. I I've already flashed my TV Stick without a problem.

Here is link: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/install/

Best
        Cogo
        You are about 3 weeks late

Comment

Rockchip USB driver and Flash Tool

It seems that I need the ”Rockchip USB driver “ and the ”Flash Tool” to be able to install the new ROM on my MX2. Where can I find them? None of the link I tried are working!

Some help anyone, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Skwala View Post
            It seems that I need the ”Rockchip USB driver “ and the ”Flash Tool” to be able to install the new ROM on my MX2. Where can I find them? None of the link I tried are working!

Some help anyone, please!
            I think I found them!

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
              You are about 3 weeks late
              I am not in hurry

Comment

Originally posted by Skwala View Post
                I think I found them!
                Have a look at post#1
                Download here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...5-ROM-download

Comment

Hello Bob.

1.5rom is great!

It is not connected although I would like to carry out tethering of this to iPhone5 of me.
                  And although he would like to connect BT with Pionner AppRadio, it cannot do.

So, I want to connect Wifi & BT USB dongle to it.
                  Wifi & BT USB dongle is BT-Micro3H2X.

Can this be used?

Comment

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
                    You're making sure the provide the proper power to the device while hooking to a PC? Is the device hooked to a TV whilst being plugged into OTG? The boards have bad build quality on this OTG port, mine has broken and now I can't flash my device either, so it's bricked. Just keep in mind the fact that these OTG ports are bad and can just quit working, you may have a dud.

-HBomb187
                    Thanks. Yes I have tried it with external power and without. Both plugged into a monitor and not plugged in. I've seen a few comments about the build quality for the OTG port. The weird thing is that it works to supply power and to run the receiver for the wireless keyboard so does appear to be working for everything else. Hopefully it's not a dud but not looking good.

Comment

Can't install drivers: at wits end!

Originally posted by kiwilinux View Post
                      Thanks. Yes I have tried it with external power and without. Both plugged into a monitor and not plugged in. I've seen a few comments about the build quality for the OTG port. The weird thing is that it works to supply power and to run the receiver for the wireless keyboard so does appear to be working for everything else. Hopefully it's not a dud but not looking good.
                      I'm having exactly the same problem as you... tried it on 4 different PCs... 2x Win 7 (64bit) 2x Windows XP (SP3) and it just doesn't seem to mount...

Power to the OTG works fine.

Will be sooo annoyed if I can't get the ROM upgraded, but I can't believe how much time I have wasted getting the f**king drivers to install

Any ideas - I've tried everything Google throws up including installing the rubbish MoboRobo software; using the paperclip trick - EVERYTHING!

I hate to be beaten by a tiny piece of tech like this

Rant over /

Comment

Originally posted by beebul View Post
                        I'm having exactly the same problem as you... tried it on 4 different PCs... 2x Win 7 (64bit) 2x Windows XP (SP3) and it just doesn't seem to mount...

Will be sooo annoyed if I can't get the ROM upgraded, but I can't believe how much time I have wasted getting the f**king drivers to install

Any ideas - I've tried everything Google throws up including installing the rubbish MoboRobo software; using the paperclip trick - EVERYTHING!

Rant over /
                        Disable USB 3 from bios it may be called something like high speed USB or so. After struggling for a bit this solved it.

Good luck!

Comment

Rant over /
                          No new ideas yet but I haven't given up

Comment

/
                            I originally found it hard to get into flash mode. What works best for me is:

+ plug it in and let it install Windows 7 mass storage driver;
                            + use the alternate reboot to flash tool to get the MX1 into flash mode;
                            + then go back to the regular rom flash tool which should now show the MX1 in flash mode and use that to flash the rom.

Hope it works for you.

Comment

I recently installed Finless 1.5 and tested out my wired Xbox 360 controller with the game Dead Trigger. The analog sticks worked fine but the triggers were not working at all. After I did some googling I found out that a module name ff-memless.ko should be installed along with xpad.ko to get the gamepad fully working. I setup ff-memless.ko to load and now the the triggers are working on the xbox controller when I play Dead Trigger. I found the module on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1517949

Would be nice if you add this module to the next version of your ROM.
                              Last edited by Finless; 02-09-2013, 16:56.

Comment

@ kiwilinux & beebul

Guys I had the same 3 hour struggle until I realized a few things:

1. I have an Asus ROG MB that has all kinds of special actions built into the ports like high power charge, ROG connect, USB3.0, etc. I found that only the front ports would work (usb header 0 on MB) and 2 of the 8 back ports. Make sure you try every one, if you have USB mouse or keyboard move them around.

2. I had a higher quality cable that came with my tablet that refused to work. Only the cable supplied would allow Windows to recognize the MX1. Make sure you are using that cable. (I also flashed mine using the power port, you can connect it to either Power or OTG)

3. Both initial connection in ROM Flash tools to reboot in flash mode, and boot in flash mode: ROM Flash Tool and RKBatch would not recognize/connect to the MX1 unless I had the application opened BEFORE I plugged in the MX. Then it recognized every time in both modes.

4. I tried for 2 hours, and could not get any utility to reboot the unit in flash mode. ROM Flash Tool told me there was no SDcard, and RKBatch simply said Switch Failed:0. I found an article ( I think on geekbuying) that said there is a tiny reset button pinhole right next to the HDMI connection.

Hold that pinhole button down with a paperclip and plug in the miniUSB cable, and you will auto boot into flash mode. No need to use either application to switch it.

Hope this helps anyone else thats ROM challenged.

Comment

Working...
                                X