iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnblagg View Post
    ahh but I dont want to run cables to it and I have some bluetooth software that is way cool that lets me stream video and audio using blutooth as well and 65 mbs over wireless is more that sufficient for netflix ect .... I am just playing around with figuring out what I can do with this right now.

The 65mbs is far better than I have ever got from any wireless card I have here even my wireless n cards so Im very happy with the wireless in it. shoot I have less buffering on netflix with it that I do with the desktop hooked to the router by wired ethernet directly.
    Oh ok, sorry, missed the part where 65MB/sec was enough. I had to buy an antenna that boosted my signal 4x on my router to get my TV to go 65MB/sec and had to setup my Plex to run in 8mb (1080p) and sometimes I get studders but not too many. Wired I don't get the studders. Just trying to give you ideas on Local servers. Streaming 65mb/sec should be enough IMHO.

Comment

Dead OTG Port

Looks like despite all my best efforts, the OTG port on the side is DOA on my iMito MX1. I don't know if it is possible to flash (say, I wish to re-flash Finless 1.5) via CWM? I'm hoping there is something which can be done to alleviate my woes!

Also can someone attach their default vlod.fstab from /etc/ from Finless 1.5 for me? I would appreciate it.

-HBomb187

Comment

Sorry to hear about your OTG port. That is one problem with the micro USB ports on these devices.
        Push comes to shove, I can do a ROM using CWM but it's extra work as you have to write a edify script and test it all.

As for vold.fstab for my 1.5 ROM. Here it is:

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab
        ## - San Mehat ([email protected])
        ##

#######################
        ## Regular device mount
        ##
        ## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
        ## label - Label for the volume
        ## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
        ## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
        ## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
        ######################

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream
        # Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
        #dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
        dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd9/mtdblock9
        dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
        dev_mount udisk0 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 1 /devices/platform/usb
        dev_mount udisk1 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK1 1 /devices/platform/usb
        dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK2 1 /devices/platform/usb
        dev_mount udisk3 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK3 1 /devices/platform/usb
        dev_mount udisk4 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK4 1 /devices/platform/usb
        dev_mount udisk5 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK5 1 /devices/platform/usb
        ## Example of a dual card setup
        # dev_mount left_sdcard /sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
        # dev_mount right_sdcard /sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc1

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts
        # dev_mount sdcard /sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob, you're the man.

I'm always happy to help with testing if you wanna make a CWM flashable version, as you said, this seems to be a common problem, and it could help a lot of folks out with dead OTG ports.

-HBomb187

Comment

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
            Looks like despite all my best efforts, the OTG port on the side is DOA on my iMito MX1. I don't know if it is possible to flash (say, I wish to re-flash Finless 1.5) via CWM? I'm hoping there is something which can be done to alleviate my woes!

Also can someone attach their default vlod.fstab from /etc/ from Finless 1.5 for me? I would appreciate it.

-HBomb187
            Worse case if you can't get it done, let me know I can reset/reflash my device and back it up then you can try to restore?

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
              Worse case if you can't get it done, let me know I can reset/reflash my device and back it up then you can try to restore?
              I may have to give it a try, out of the blue my External SD card has refused to mount, so now my SD card isn't showing up at all. If you wanna make a nandroid backup and 7z/rar/zip it up that should work.

Well looks like my situation has downgraded even further as now I'm stuck on the boot screen. Since I lack OTG port to do a flash via tool I think it is safe to consider this unit bricked, until I feel like trying to fix that OTG port (which upon some research looks to be tedious but doable).
              Last edited by HBomb187; 02-05-2013, 03:14.

Comment

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
                I may have to give it a try, out of the blue my External SD card has refused to mount, so now my SD card isn't showing up at all. If you wanna make a nandroid backup and 7z/rar/zip it up that should work.

Well looks like my situation has downgraded even further as now I'm stuck on the boot screen. Since I lack OTG port to do a flash via tool I think it is safe to consider this unit bricked, until I feel like trying to fix that OTG port (which upon some research looks to be tedious but doable).
                Uh oh, you will prob. won't be able to restore if SDCARD wont mount. Did you try another sdcard?

Let me know, I don't want to reset my device and you not be able to use the backup.

Comment

Hi Bob,

How can reflash back to the 112912 Stock ROM after I flashed your Finless 1.5 ROM? I tried put the update.img file in the root folder of SDcard. It recognized the image and started to flash but without success. It ended up with a green Android robot lay down with heart open. If I reboot the stick, it will still load the Finless 1.5 and prompted that the flash failed, do you want to delete the update.img.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
                    Uh oh, you will prob. won't be able to restore if SDCARD wont mount. Did you try another sdcard?

Let me know, I don't want to reset my device and you not be able to use the backup.
                    Yeah don't worry about it, I appreciate the offer but as of right now my device is bricked until I can get an OTG cable onto it.

-HBomb187

Comment

oops, double post, see previous post!

Comment

MX1 not recognised as mass storage device

Hi I hope someone can help me with this.
                        I have a brand new MX1 that I would like to flash with the latest ROM. However I cannot get the device to be recognised in windows. I have tried all the settings for USB debugging, Connect to PC and storage mode described in this forum and others and I cannot get windows to regosnise there is a device plugged in. I have tried all three usb ports and two different PC's (both running XP). Can anyone help please?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwilinux View Post
                          Hi I hope someone can help me with this.
                          I have a brand new MX1 that I would like to flash with the latest ROM. However I cannot get the device to be recognised in windows. I have tried all the settings for USB debugging, Connect to PC and storage mode described in this forum and others and I cannot get windows to regosnise there is a device plugged in. I have tried all three usb ports and two different PC's (both running XP). Can anyone help please?

You're making sure the provide the proper power to the device while hooking to a PC? Is the device hooked to a TV whilst being plugged into OTG? The boards have bad build quality on this OTG port, mine has broken and now I can't flash my device either, so it's bricked. Just keep in mind the fact that these OTG ports are bad and can just quit working, you may have a dud.

-HBomb187

Comment

NFS mount / NFS filesystem support

Hi,

I've just finished 3 hours struggling to set up NFS server on my NAS and realized that my iMito MX1 with Finless ROM 1.5 do not support NFS filesystem I am not able to mount my NFS shares on my TV stick.
                            My problem is similar to this: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...server-no-such

I think NFS is the fastest network file protocol and it could be great to be able to us it in our sticks. Is there a way to turn this on somehow?

Cogo

Comment

Originally posted by cogo View Post
                              Hi,

I've just finished 3 hours struggling to set up NFS server on my NAS and realized that my iMito MX1 with Finless ROM 1.5 do not support NFS filesystem I am not able to mount my NFS shares on my TV stick.
                              My problem is similar to this: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...server-no-such

I think NFS is the fastest network file protocol and it could be great to be able to us it in our sticks. Is there a way to turn this on somehow?

Cogo
                              Samba is fast and reliable, I routinely reach my network maximum using Samba shares. I hate to just say "use samba" but this is the real solution here.

-HBomb187

Comment

SRT files not working...

I have just flashed my device because it wasn't working well, now those things work fine but several other things doesn't, like the srt files or even when I open this site with the browser the system crashes!!!
                                Do you know how to repair the SRT files for this ROM? please?

Comment

Working...
                                X