No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 round pads in your picture I bet will put you in mask ROM mode when they are shorted and while shorted you plug in OTG cable to PC. I think you are not doing it correctly. Or maybe your unit has failed.

If you want to ship me the unit I can try to fix it.

That is the best I can offer!

But you are right! Not many with this unit and it may be different! But I bet it can be unbricked if the unit is not failed!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

nls_utf8.ko module for CIFS, please

Could you please post the nls_utf8.ko module for this kernel? I'm using cifs but some files/folders are unavailable due to accents in their names.

Thank you in advance. Great ROM!!!!

Comment

here it is

Originally posted by regystro View Post
        Could you please post the nls_utf8.ko module for this kernel? I'm using cifs but some files/folders are unavailable due to accents in their names.

Thank you in advance. Great ROM!!!!
        here it is
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by saman View Post
          here it is
          Thank you so much. Finally I got it working adding iocharset=utf8 as mount parameter, but testing your file showed me the right path

Comment

Thanks for the ROM Finless! Just flashed to 1.5 and it only took about 20 minutes!

Nice choice w/ the smilies on here as well.

Planning on putting the latest XBMC on here and streaming stuff. Using an iMito MX1 as an HTPC, SSH server, basic Linux box, etc.

Comment

Mouse doesn't work in CWM Recovery

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
              Just to update ...
              used Bob's instructions and CWM image from this guy ( MX1 specific)

Works great
              Just wondering Bob, do I need to every time to flash the misc.img or only the recovery img would be OK ?

Thanks
              I installed CWM using the same technique and can boot into recovery, but mouse or any other USB pointing device doesn't work. I cannot change selection in CWM using mouse or keyboard. Have you succeed to get CWM working on Finless 1.5 ROM?

Comment

Yes, working fine for me usinn rc11 keyboard directional pad

Comment

NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Can anyone pls download the app "SD-Booster" and tell me if the app can find your internal sd card? Ty
                  I want to improve the cache size

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
                    Yes, working fine for me usinn rc11 keyboard directional pad
                    I have a very strange problem with CWM Recovery.
                    After the installation of CWM on iMito X1 the device has automatically rebooted into recovery and the air mouse was working well. Now when I reboot into the ROM and go back to recovery the mouse is not working. Is anybody experiencing such problem?

Comment

I have noticed sometimes the USB device like keyboard does not get initilized properly every time (like the OS left the hardware hung up). Thus when that happens, if you unplug and power up clean, it should work.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I have noticed sometimes the USB device like keyboard does not get initilized properly every time (like the OS left the hardware hung up). Thus when that happens, if you unplug and power up clean, it should work.

Bob
                        When input devices don't work I'm stuck in the Recovery. I unplug the device, plug it and it boots into the ROM. After that I reboot into Recovery from the ROM (Finless ROM 1.5) and see that mouse and keyboard don't work. If I unplug the mouse or connect another mouse it doesn't work. If I reinstall Recovery mouse works only the first time after the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus123 View Post
                          When input devices don't work I'm stuck in the Recovery. I unplug the device, plug it and it boots into the ROM. After that I reboot into Recovery from the ROM (Finless ROM 1.5) and see that mouse and keyboard don't work. If I unplug the mouse or connect another mouse it doesn't work. If I reinstall Recovery mouse works only the first time after the boot.
                          In my ROM is an APP that has a button for reboot recovery. How this works is it write to MISC.img to force the reboot to load recovery. Have you tried the reboot app?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            In my ROM is an APP that has a button for reboot recovery. How this works is it write to MISC.img to force the reboot to load recovery. Have you tried the reboot app?

Bob
                            Do you mean the application having green icon? Yes I use it and a few other applications to boot into recovery.

Comment

Bob, if I want to change from 720 to 1080 what should be flashed to make that change.(only the 1080 kernel?)
                              Also, will I loose the current setup if so, will I be able to recover from CWM from existing backup?

Thanks

Comment

Yes just flash the kernel using RK Android tool 1.35. Usually all will go OK here and you wont loose anything. Yes you can resotre using CWM.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X