No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Finless!!! My iMito is now stable appreciate it!

Comment

Hello there, Finless Bob, thank you very much for your work! I have a couple of questions though:
      • On what stock ROM version is this based? Nov 29, 2012? The Dec. 13, 2012 beta?
      • What is the OTG USB port for the MX1?
      Many thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung View Post
        Hello there, Finless Bob, thank you very much for your work! I have a couple of questions though:
        • On what stock ROM version is this based? Nov 29, 2012? The Dec. 13, 2012 beta?
        • What is the OTG USB port for the MX1?
        Many thanks again!
        In the README I tell you what it is built off of.
        Not to pick on you but is always astounds me when I spend so much time on the README that many others do not provide, and no one reads it

"This ROM was built using the latest 12/12/2012 ROM release directly from iMito."

The OTG port is used to flash ROMs and also to turn on USB storage so you can communicate from a PC to the removable drives, etc.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Not to pick on you but is always astounds me when I spend so much time on the README that many others do not provide, and no one reads it
          "This ROM was built using the latest 12/12/2012 ROM release directly from iMito."
          Thank you. I read this thread's OP quite carefully, and I was hoping it would help me decide if I need to download this ROM without downloading it first . I'd hence suggest that you append such info in the OP, which would be more useful imho.

The OTG port is used to flash ROMs and also to turn on USB storage so you can communicate from a PC to the removable drives, etc.
          Thanks. I need to know which of the three USB ports of the MX1 is the OTG. From your instructions, I gathered that it's not the power USB port, so is it the full USB, or the remaining micro USB?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob

Bob: I suggest you label the README file: "README along with FREE NAUGHTY PIC". It will surely to be looked at( I don't know if it will be read though). JK

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung View Post
              Thank you. I read this thread's OP quite carefully, and I was hoping it would help me decide if I need to download this ROM without downloading it first . I'd hence suggest that you append such info in the OP, which would be more useful imho.

Thanks. I need to know which of the three USB ports of the MX1 is the OTG. From your instructions, I gathered that it's not the power USB port, so is it the full USB, or the remaining micro USB?
              Aqualung: Go to Bob's first ROM and read it first, it is more detailed than second. Also, Manual for IMITO says where otg port is...it is the one on the side.

Comment

Wasn't able to get this loaded on my MK802 IIIs, so I gave up on that and bought an iMito MX1. Got it today, loaded this up, and IT WORKS! Great rom Bob! I really like it a lot. Thanks for all your hard work! Definitely going to donate to show my thanks.

Comment

...I will try another Kernel for my UG007 to enable the CPUclock to 1.6Ghz...
                  Originally posted by capprice View Post
                  Did it work?
                  Unfortunetaly, it doesn´t work. The Stick wouldn´t start, only the blue LED shone. Now I´ve flashed again the actually FinlessBob 1.5 Rom for the MX1.

Comment

i've recieved my imito mx2 today got it all connected to my vizio 42inch hdtv and i get the message not supported.is there anything i can do to workaround it?

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by anhell28 View Post
                      i've recieved my imito mx2 today got it all connected to my vizio 42inch hdtv and i get the message not supported.is there anything i can do to workaround it?
                      Plug into another TV and change the settings

Comment

knoob question

Consider me a full knob when it comes to android TV sticks, but I have some experience with flashing android phones and tables.

SO the question is: should I root the device first or just follow the instructions in README file and at the end I will have rooted device on the new ROM?

Thanks

Comment

The rom comes rooted so pointless rooting before you flash

Flashing works if you're rooted or not

Comment

Originally posted by NY_HAMMER View Post
                            Consider me a full knob when it comes to android TV sticks, but I have some experience with flashing android phones and tables.

SO the question is: should I root the device first or just follow the instructions in README file and at the end I will have rooted device on the new ROM?

Thanks
                            Yes once you have flashed the ROM you are all rooted.

Sent from my N101 CORE using Tapatalk HD
                            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                            </form>

Comment

Originally posted by fr0d0 View Post
                              The rom comes rooted so pointless rooting before you flash
                              Thanks, will do.
                              I was under impression that you root the device not the ROM. I guess it's different or I am even fuller knob then I thought

Comment

Originally posted by NY_HAMMER View Post
                                Thanks, will do.
                                I was under impression that you root the device not the ROM. I guess it's different or I am even fuller knob then I thought
                                I dont know what you mean with fuller knob, but I think the words you need are big noob

Comment

Working...
                                X