No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an JP1082 10/100mbit adapter from ****, and it worked straight out of the box. However, when I testet the speed I got, it stopped at 5-6mbit both ways. When connected to wifi, I got about 40mbit. Is the regular USB port on the iMito only USB 1.1?

Any ideas?

Comment

@DoddyZ: My ug007 wasn't being recognized by my pc either. I disconnected the stick's usb cable that plugs into the psu and plugged that into my pc. That worked like a charm. The instructions I followed told me to make sure the ug007 was plugged into the pc and power at the same time. I even went as far as buying a male/male usb cable to make that happen. Nothing worked until I plugged it into my pc like a flash drive.

Comment

Mirror Site!! Enjoy!

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Comment

Proxy Problem

Hey all,
          I have a big problem with the finless Rom 1.5.
          Orbot doesnt work, I read, that it works on Stock Roms and on CM better then on other custom Roms.
          I want to lunch pandora radio from Germany and the only way I found is with Orbot.
          But it doesnt work, the fix with another iptables doesnt work too.
          What can I do?
          Can anyone help me with that?? I want to have Pandora and Grooveshark on my Android PC, but they both doesnt work in germany.
          Is there another Proxy app, which works with Custom Roms.
          Because the Finless Rom is really nice, it is faster than the Stock and stttable too and I wont flash Stock again.
          I would be happy if anyone can help me.
          Greez Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by texbuck View Post
            @DoddyZ: My ug007 wasn't being recognized by my pc either. I disconnected the stick's usb cable that plugs into the psu and plugged that into my pc. That worked like a charm. The instructions I followed told me to make sure the ug007 was plugged into the pc and power at the same time. I even went as far as buying a male/male usb cable to make that happen. Nothing worked until I plugged it into my pc like a flash drive.
            I think this is where DoddyZ might be misunderstanding. You are not supposed to be using the full size USB port on the UG007 to connect to the USB port to the PC. You have to use the micro-usb port on the UG007 to connect to the PC. So that the PC is supplying power to the UG007 as well as flashing through that port as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatvedt View Post
              I bought an JP1082 10/100mbit adapter from ****, and it worked straight out of the box. However, when I testet the speed I got, it stopped at 5-6mbit both ways. When connected to wifi, I got about 40mbit. Is the regular USB port on the iMito only USB 1.1?

Any ideas?
              I have excactly the same probem! This rom is excellent except this problem ( I don't know if it is the adapter's problem or the iMito's one) and anotherone thing: When I use a live wallpapper and hide the status bar, there is a small black stripe between the wallpaper and the bottom end of the screen. If I place the mouse over there I see repeating images of the mouse cursor that stay on the screen. I can't discripte it better but please check if it happens the same o you. I use the 720 kernel and have set the output to 720@60 (but it is the same effect if I change the output resolution)

Comment

usb lan adapter with moschip mcs7830

Hi,

I bought a delock usb 2.0 lan adapter. It has the moschip mcs7830 chip built in like many other.
                Its works out of the box in ubuntu linux with the mcs7830.ko module.
                Is there a way to get this working with the finless rom?

I found a description on how to crosscompile with ubuntu, but I think I need the source code of the the ARM JB kernel.

Any hints? I think this would help many ppl since its a widespread chip and a lan adapter is so essential.

cheers

Comment

Unable to click on Install while installing APKs

Hi Finless,

I m new to this forum and I did flash my UG007 with the ROM and all went fine.I have two problems.I m unable to click on Install while I try to install a apk.I m unable to view youtube in full screen as there is no option to select.Please help

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Hello again folks!
                  I am back with a new ROM for the iMito MX1. FInless 1.5

Special Notes

1080P LCD resolution:
                  In the Imito stock 1080P ROM Imito edited build.prop and changes LCD Density to 240.
                  This is so the icons and fonts are not so small on 1080.
                  I have edited this BACK to 160. Why?
                  1) Many apps may not work at 240 density!
                  2) If you flash the 720 kernel things will be all messed up at 240 density! It must be 160 for 720P.
                  If you want the larger icons and text AND your using the 1080 kernel you can easily edit this back to 240.
                  Since you are rooted you can edit /system/build.prop and change this.
                  I have commented all my tweaks in build.prop file so you can easily find these.
                  I commented out the 240 line and added a 160 line
                  ro.sf.lcd_density=160
                  #ro.sf.lcd_density=240
                  To change it, go get ES File Explorer from Google Play.
                  Make sure to enable root explorer in ES File manager settings first!
                  Go into the system folder and open the build.prop file using ES file editor.
                  Remove the # in front of the 240 line and add a # in fron of the 160 line.
                  save the file
                  reboot.
                  You will now have 240 LCD density.

USB OTG port boot up:
                  Anytime the MX1 is booted AND the OTG port is plugged into a PC, it will boot with USB storage turned on!
                  What this means is on boot up you will not be able to see the internal SDcard or the External SDcard from within Android.
                  On your PC you see the removable drives because on boot they are mounted to the PC not Android.
                  Now you can this OFF once booted. Go into settings and USB. You will see PC connection is grayed out.
                  1) Click it and it will then put the check box in "conneted". Odd it is OFF by defualt even though it is really connected to the PC.
                  2) Now turn it off and it will unmount the SDcards from your PC and you can now see them in Android.
                  HOWEVER... Realize next reboot, it will be on again.
                  In my opinion this should not work this way but at least you can turn it off once booted.
                  The other work around is to always hook up the USB cable to the back micro USB port not the OTG port.
                  The back port ONLY powers the unit. There is no data connection on this port for PC.
                  This solves that issue. But remember the back port will NEVER connect to a PC or allow ROM flashes.
                  Only the OTG port allows that.

This ROM has several options for you to choose from so please read carefully how to change these flash options.

1) I have provided the 1080P 12/12 kernel called kernel1080 This is set in the flash tool as default.
                  2) I have provided the 11/29 720P kernel called kernel720. If you want 720 insterad of 1080 you will need to choose this.
                  3) Depending on which kernel you choose I also am providing boot720 and boot1080. They are basically the same
                  except the boot screen is made for 720 or 1080. If you shoose the wrong boot with kernel, it will still work
                  but the initial boot screen will be messed up. boot1080 is set as default in the flash tool.
                  4) I have provided 4 parameter files. These will increase APP sapce and decrease internal sdcard space.
                  1GB APP space (this is Stock Imito).
                  2GB APP space. This is set as the default in the flash tool. YOu must change it in the flash tool to use the others.
                  4GB APP space.
                  6GB APP space! This is the max! This leave only 400MB of space for the internal SDcard.

Features in 1.5 ROM:

1) True 1080P using the Imito 12/12 kernel. You also have a choise to use 720 if you like.
                  2) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
                  3) FULL Goole Play store! This enables full market! For instance, onlive APP should now show in Google Play!
                  4) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store and GMS Core.
                  5) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
                  6) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!

7) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
                  Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
                  If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.

8) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module to support Xbox controllers XML file tweaks to support other game controllers
                  9) I added Tun.ko module
                  10) CIFs and MD4 is already in this kernel.
                  11) I added SPanish keyboard KCM and KL file by request.

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Go Here to download the ROM from the FreakTab ROM download area.

LINK -> iMito MX1/2 Finless 1.5 ROM Download area

Enjoy,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by socialexandru View Post
                    I use a Logitech C310 and everything run ok.
                    I use a Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro and skype works, both video and mic (under sound manager on input it shows up as a usb something or another device... on output the rockchip 3066)

QuickCam for Notebooks Pro dev info:
                    VID_046D&PID_08CB&REV_0005&MI_00

Device name: QuickCam for Notebooks Pro
                    USB Vendor ID (VID): 0x046D
                    USB Product ID (PID): 0x08CB
                    USB Revision (BCD): 0x0005
                    Firmware Version: 2.0.3170
                    Firmware CRC: 0x0D5D
                    EEPROM Version: 2.27
                    Sensor Type: 2.3

Comment

I/O Crest SY-ADA24005 USB RJ45

I just got one of these usb to rj45 adaptors today and it works very well with the finless rom. I was able to max out my 20mbit cable internet. I didn't test the internal lan speeds. But will try that out tomorrow. Definitely better than using wifi, and I already had an ethernet hookup next to the tv.

Comment

reg usb

Thank you so much mate I didnt realise I had to use the small port.
                        All is good now

Originally posted by atf678 View Post
                        I think this is where DoddyZ might be misunderstanding. You are not supposed to be using the full size USB port on the UG007 to connect to the USB port to the PC. You have to use the micro-usb port on the UG007 to connect to the PC. So that the PC is supplying power to the UG007 as well as flashing through that port as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatvedt View Post

Any ideas?
                          I have the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter and I get 70 MBit. At first (directly after I first connected the device), I only got 7-10 MBit. So I disabled/enabled the Ethernet connection in the system settings, after that I got good speed (as I said around 70 MBit).

Comment

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller S Microsoft

Is this controller compatible with the Finless ROM 1.5 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo64 View Post
                              Is this controller compatible with the Finless ROM 1.5 ?
                              Yes it works, but in my case only if I play singleplayer.
                              Did not work together with an PS3 Controller, if both are connected, no one works fine
                              With two Xbox controllers the same thing, both controlls first player.
                              Now with two PS3 controllers it works perfekt My second controller is an keyboard not and a full round on my analogstick writes abcd I love Sixaxis
                              But for singleplayer the Xbox controller works very fine.

Hey, which USB to Network adapter do you use atf678?

Greez Daniel

Comment

Controllers

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
                                Yes it works, but in my case only if I play singleplayer.
                                Did not work together with an PS3 Controller, if both are connected, no one works fine
                                With two Xbox controllers the same thing, both controlls first player.
                                Now with two PS3 controllers it works perfekt My second controller is an keyboard not and a full round on my analogstick writes abcd I love Sixaxis
                                But for singleplayer the Xbox controller works very fine.

Hey, which USB to Network adapter do you use atf678?

Greez Daniel
                                My adapter is a small blue thing I pay few euros no problem at all.
                                Thank for the infos !

Lorenzo

Comment

Working...
                                X