Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canedha View Post
    hi bob,

i found somebody to help me with the driver for the usb0501 lan2usb adapter...

what i would need now is to know what kernel source and (compile) config you are using?
    could you please provide me a link?

last time you just said i should try the standart jellybean kernel, but i don't know which one you mean :S
    also in the threads are many kernels mentioned and i'm lost... :S

is this the right one:

?

if yes what is your config? do you have a config.gz?

best regards, thx 4 the help and merry christmas,
    toby
    push :-)

Comment

I read the instructions but have a question.. step 2 under putting mx1 into flash mode says to::

2) Connected the supplied USB cable from the device to your PC. It will power up and windows
      may detect the device. DO not worry about that. We need it powered up.

Now, do I believe that means plug the cord into the side usb port to my pc? Do i still need the power cable to the d/c plugin to the back to power it?

Also, how under readable is the 1080p with the 160 dpi? I am leaning towards the 720p as I normally use glasses and do not wish to strain. any suggestions or explanations? Thanks

EDIT:: Do I need a extra micro usb to normal usb to plugin to my pc to do this procedure ( and use the normal power cable for power) or can i use only the cables provided with the unit and need no additional cables?

Comment

Originally posted by shezzy View Post
        I read the instructions but have a question.. step 2 under putting mx1 into flash mode says to::

2) Connected the supplied USB cable from the device to your PC. It will power up and windows
        may detect the device. DO not worry about that. We need it powered up.

Now, do I believe that means plug the cord into the side usb port to my pc? Do i still need the power cable to the d/c plugin to the back to power it?

Also, how under readable is the 1080p with the 160 dpi? I am leaning towards the 720p as I normally use glasses and do not wish to strain. any suggestions or explanations? Thanks

EDIT:: Do I need a extra micro usb to normal usb to plugin to my pc to do this procedure ( and use the normal power cable for power) or can i use only the cables provided with the unit and need no additional cables?

So I flashed it as the instructions says and all went as it should , however, now the device will boot showing new rom, in new resolution but it will flash on the screen on and off. Not rebooting, but just showing the display and then not. Also the color has a pinkness to it, the color is not right. When I used the stock rom it worked fine. Any suggestions? Basically i have a useless, new MX2 now... I have tried both the 720 and 1080 roms..both same problem. Does any one have a STOCK flash tool? I just want a working device at this point...

Comment

**FIXED!!**

Originally posted by shezzy View Post
          So I flashed it as the instructions says and all went as it should , however, now the device will boot showing new rom, in new resolution but it will flash on the screen on and off. Not rebooting, but just showing the display and then not. Also the color has a pinkness to it, the color is not right. When I used the stock rom it worked fine. Any suggestions? Basically i have a useless, new MX2 now... I have tried both the 720 and 1080 roms..both same problem. Does any one have a STOCK flash tool? I just want a working device at this point...

Sorry for the prolonged posted but I thought it might help someone with the same problem. After I changed the screen HDMI settings in jellybean to 720p it stoped the discoloration and blinking of the screen. I have kept the 720 kernal . Maybe it is my TV that can't handle it... not sure but i know my xbox360 is set to 1080p... Thanks bob I now get to play with your awesome rom . Thanks for all your work!!!

Comment

I am very thankful for all the work put into this ROM but I had to go back to 1.4.

I ran into issues with the Ethernet adapter not being recognized on boot. I would have to re-connect in the adapter for it to see the device and connect. I also had a very hard time getting it to connect to my PC using the OTG port. The biggest problem was I could not install some apps. The "Install" button would not click at all. Tried it with 2 different mice, a bluetooth KB and Droidmote and I could not press the Install button. I also could not get GTA3 to load anymore. It would crash on launch.

Not saying its the ROM, it could very well be something I installed or a setting change I made. I'm fluent enough in this stuff to get myself in trouble but not always get myself out sometimes . Either way, wiping the MX2 and reloading 1.4 solved all these issues and its running great again.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by Bug Splat View Post
              I am very thankful for all the work put into this ROM but I had to go back to 1.4.

I ran into issues with the Ethernet adapter not being recognized on boot. I would have to re-connect in the adapter for it to see the device and connect. I also had a very hard time getting it to connect to my PC using the OTG port. The biggest problem was I could not install some apps. The "Install" button would not click at all. Tried it with 2 different mice, a bluetooth KB and Droidmote and I could not press the Install button. I also could not get GTA3 to load anymore. It would crash on launch.

Not saying its the ROM, it could very well be something I installed or a setting change I made. I'm fluent enough in this stuff to get myself in trouble but not always get myself out sometimes . Either way, wiping the MX2 and reloading 1.4 solved all these issues and its running great again.
              if you use any app that produces a layer on the screen (like screen filter, or so) your install button will be inactive. It's a native Android security measure in order to prevent background installation of malicious software while showing something innocent on the screen

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

Comment

Sixaxis controller help

Just curious of anyone has found a work around for
                this. When you start sixaxis even using a touch
                profile it says no touch device found, touch emu will
                be disabled. I'd love to use this deice for all my
                Android gaming and for some games all you get is
                touch emulation because they were set up to be used on tablets and phones .... Specifically I'm
                trying to use my controller with Call of Duty Black
                Ops Zombies. Has anyone found a way to make
                this work or is there away to "fake" touch
                emulation? I can use a pointer device on the screen
                and drag the on screen analog devices but you need both to play lol

Comment

Got my MX1 yesterday, thanks Santa!

Tried it on the stock ROM for a bit and then put Bob's ROM on. Works great, thanks Bob.

I have a couple of issues though:

1. WiFi connects fast at first then drops to around 1-5Mbps after a few minutes. Not good enough to stream videos off my home network. Which is a shame, as that was the main reason for getting it!
                  This is even happening with the MX1 just a few feet from the router with a full signal. Unless there is a quick fix for this I will have to investigate using an external adaptor.

2. How do you disable the software popup keyboard? The option seems to be greyed out or am I being dumb? Help please.

Thanks again to Bob & co for the hard work. Donation coming soon!

Cheers

Comment

I have been back and forth w the company that makes the mx1..

They originally suggested this rom to help my wifi issues.. but alas they aren't working.

I am returning this to get the new GK802 quad core - - and hope that it connects better.

Thanks for all the help bob!

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                      Got my MX1 yesterday, thanks Santa!

Tried it on the stock ROM for a bit and then put Bob's ROM on. Works great, thanks Bob.

I have a couple of issues though:

1. WiFi connects fast at first then drops to around 1-5Mbps after a few minutes. Not good enough to stream videos off my home network. Which is a shame, as that was the main reason for getting it!
                      This is even happening with the MX1 just a few feet from the router with a full signal. Unless there is a quick fix for this I will have to investigate using an external adaptor.

2. How do you disable the software popup keyboard? The option seems to be greyed out or am I being dumb? Help please.

Thanks again to Bob & co for the hard work. Donation coming soon!

Cheers
                      1. are you using bluetooth? try disabling it
                      2. install "null keyboard"

Comment

I have problem

While trying to reboot to flash mode I get error Flash Mode failed
                        Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
                          I have problem

Thanks
                          Have you followed the README? This happened to me, had to use the alternative method.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                            Have you followed the README? This happened to me, had to use the alternative method.
                            Not all the way, I got stuck at that point
                            Will look in to it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
                              I have problem

Thanks
                              is the SD card removed? It won't go to flash with it inside. it took me couple of tries before I realized that

Comment

Originally posted by cernymuz View Post
                                1. are you using bluetooth? try disabling it
                                2. install "null keyboard"
                                The 'null keyboard' works great, thanks.

Not using BT, but the WiFi now seems more stable. Have had it on for a few hours now and it's holding a 65Mbps connection. That's with it very close to the router though. Will try it in another room later and report back.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X