iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

I have a MX1. I’ve flashed the Finless 1.5 rom three times and works ok… except I can’t turn on WiFi. It gets stucked on “Turning WiFi on…” everytime I click to activate. I also flashed Finless 1.4 and WiFi also fails.

I see that everyone has it working, so maybe I’m doing something wrong? WiFi works always with stock firmware but I want 1080p support and Finless 1.5 smoothness.

Please, help

PS: I made a separate thread so if we solve the problem people can reach easily to the thread for a solution.

Comment

Got a question, today I went to my buddy's place and his TV (I guess has older HDMI version) would play cut-off sound from my UG007 with iMito MX1 Finless ROM 1.5, is there a way to make the ROM compatible with older HDMI verison or that's something preloaded on the chips of the TV?

Thanks!

Comment

Touch screen emulation on Stick PCs.

So I'm using the SixAxis app and a Dualshock 3 hooked up to my iMito MX1, all is well. The only question I have is there any other apps out there that actually support the virtual touches? Normally this software does the job but since there is no touchscreen device detected on the Stick-PC the software disables the touch-screen-emulation so you can map the screen buttons to your physical buttons on the ds3. Anyone tried any of the other software out there?

-HBomb187

Comment

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
          So I'm using the SixAxis app and a Dualshock 3 hooked up to my iMito MX1, all is well. The only question I have is there any other apps out there that actually support the virtual touches? Normally this software does the job but since there is no touchscreen device detected on the Stick-PC the software disables the touch-screen-emulation so you can map the screen buttons to your physical buttons on the ds3. Anyone tried any of the other software out there?

-HBomb187
          I dont know where to get it, but search for archos key mapping tool, it looks very perfekt for what you and all other need.
          But the same think works on sixaxis app too, I saw a video on youtube which explain hot to map touch to physical buttons. search for it.

Comment

Originally posted by pablo1312 View Post
            Hello everyone! I've read the entire thread because I've bought an imito Mx and I've got problems with gamepads. I cannot connect my xbox360 wireless controller, wiimote (with wii Controller app) or any usb generic gamepads (with USB/BT joypads)
            My imito works great with movie streaming, wifi and other things so I don't want to flash my device, fearing a brick or something like that; but I want to play emulators.
            Is it impossible to play with gamepads with the stock firmware? Do I have to flash my imito if a I want to play with gamepads?
            Sorry about my English. It's not Google translator, but my few knowledge about this language.
            Thank you everyone!!
            Hey,
            first, no problem with a bad english, I'm german and my english is not so good either.
            But writing and reading here will solve this problem very fast.

On your other Question, I had the same Problem.
            Only for the XBox controller but OK.
            I read, that you can insert some files and then you can use an xbox controller, but you will need root for this.
            Rooting is very simple but the rest was to much work for me.
            Then I read, that finless rom has that includet and I flashed it, If you do perfectly whats written in the README, you will not have any issues with the FLASH.
            But for me 720p is the better resolution for my 51inch screen which is nearly 5 meters away from me.
            With 1080p the Image was nesrly the same quality but all things where smaller, and the smaller written things where very hard to read
            In my oppinion the best solution is to flash finless 1.5 and all will be fine.

I tryed this with my xbox controller, but I wanted to play multiplayer and somehow when I have connected the XBox controller evy other controller has the same keymapping.
            Dont know why, but now I use 2 PS3 Controllers with Sixaxis and all work fine.
            Greez Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
              Hey,
              first, no problem with a bad english, I'm german and my english is not so good either.
              But writing and reading here will solve this problem very fast.

On your other Question, I had the same Problem.
              Only for the XBox controller but OK.
              I read, that you can insert some files and then you can use an xbox controller, but you will need root for this.
              Rooting is very simple but the rest was to much work for me.
              Then I read, that finless rom has that includet and I flashed it, If you do perfectly whats written in the README, you will not have any issues with the FLASH.
              But for me 720p is the better resolution for my 51inch screen which is nearly 5 meters away from me.
              With 1080p the Image was nesrly the same quality but all things where smaller, and the smaller written things where very hard to read
              In my oppinion the best solution is to flash finless 1.5 and all will be fine.

I tryed this with my xbox controller, but I wanted to play multiplayer and somehow when I have connected the XBox controller evy other controller has the same keymapping.
              Dont know why, but now I use 2 PS3 Controllers with Sixaxis and all work fine.
              Greez Daniel
              First of all thank you for your answer! Yes, I've read about rooting and modify an especified file, and inject other ones. Like I said, i want to play Snes and Sega roms but with a controller. It's strange, I've tried another android dongles and cellphones and my old usb generic gamepad works great with a very long usb extension cable. I don't know why imito take out that simple support. Some people doesn't know nothing about flashing or reinstall. It's curious.
              I will find courage to flash it.

Thank you again. I will do it!

Comment

First of all thank you for your answer! Yes, I've read about rooting and modify an especified file, and inject other ones. Like I said, i want to play Snes and Sega roms but with a controller. It's strange, I've tried another android dongles and cellphones and my old usb generic gamepad works great with a very long usb extension cable. I don't know why imito take out that simple support. Some people doesn't know nothing about flashing or reinstall. It's curious.
                I will find courage to flash it.

Thank you again. I will do it!
                I have another solution for you.
                Buy an fake PS3 controller, I bought one for 13$ from china.
                It came yesterday and I'm not sure, but that is an original controller only for 13$ I cant see or feel a difference.
                After buing one, root your device (thats 10 min incl. whatching the video) and then play with sixaxis controller.
                In my case with multiplayer I had no other chances but the PS3 controller works best on android because you can use all buttons.
                On the xbox controller the D-Pad and the left Analog pad are the same and the right analog pad does not work completely.
                I have tested it for a long time and the PS3 (original or fake) is the best and easiest way to play everything.
                One more Plus for PS3 Controller is, that sixaxis controller has touch emulation, that means, you can map touch keys to physical ones on the controller.
                Whatch this video and you will buy one if you havnt one yet.
                How to edit touch profiles for most Android games using sixaxis controller. NEAT!

thats really awesome.
                Then you can not only play tenth of years old emulators, no you can play all games from the play market which are very rich for an little device like the iMito MX2
                Have fun with it.

Comment

I dont know where to get it, but search for archos key mapping tool, it looks very perfekt for what you and all other need.
                  But the same think works on sixaxis app too, I saw a video on youtube which explain hot to map touch to physical buttons. search for it.
                  Seems the software only works with Archos devices, Not really interested in buying an Archos at this point. Seems most of these software rely on there being an actual touch screen. Not sure if it is even possible to emulate touches when there is no touch screen.

-HBomb187

Comment

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
                    Seems the software only works with Archos devices, Not really interested in buying an Archos at this point. Seems most of these software rely on there being an actual touch screen. Not sure if it is even possible to emulate touches when there is no touch screen.

-HBomb187
                    I actually did port the needed drivers to use the Archos remote from thier Gampad. However, because once again of no touch screen on TV players, it wont fully work.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      I actually did port the needed drivers to use the Archos remote from thier Gampad. However, because once again of no touch screen on TV players, it wont fully work.

Bob
                      Pretty much what I thought, unfortunately it seems to be the way they hook into the actual touch screen and emulate the inputs, I suppose if there is nothing for the driver to hook into there is no way to emulate the touches, kinda unfortunate, but perhaps there will be a solution for this eventually, there is a new device from Archos which looks to be a gamepad of sorts that emulates touches on an Android device hooked to an HDTV. http://www.archos.com/products/home/...try=us&lang=en

-HBomb187

Comment

I have another solution for you.
                        Buy an fake PS3 controller, I bought one for 13$ from china.
                        It came yesterday and I'm not sure, but that is an original controller only for 13$ I cant see or feel a difference.
                        After buing one, root your device (thats 10 min incl. whatching the video) and then play with sixaxis controller.
                        In my case with multiplayer I had no other chances but the PS3 controller works best on android because you can use all buttons.
                        On the xbox controller the D-Pad and the left Analog pad are the same and the right analog pad does not work completely.
                        I have tested it for a long time and the PS3 (original or fake) is the best and easiest way to play everything.
                        One more Plus for PS3 Controller is, that sixaxis controller has touch emulation, that means, you can map touch keys to physical ones on the controller.
                        Whatch this video and you will buy one if you havnt one yet.
                        How to edit touch profiles for most Android games using sixaxis controller. NEAT!

thats really awesome.
                        Then you can not only play tenth of years old emulators, no you can play all games from the play market which are very rich for an little device like the iMito MX2
                        Have fun with it.
                        Great! That's a good solution! Thanks again. I suppose it's bluetooth so I don't need any wire either! I've tried to connect a Wiimote controller and it works at first (you can conect imito with the controller) but as soon as you press any button, wiimote Controller app close and disconnect the gamepad.
                        I will find a generic ps3 controller and I'll try. It's difficult to find good prices here in Argentina and we've got a special tax if I buy outside the country with my credit card, but thats another problem ;-)
                        Thank you for the alternative!

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
                          Got a question, today I went to my buddy's place and his TV (I guess has older HDMI version) would play cut-off sound from my UG007 with iMito MX1 Finless ROM 1.5, is there a way to make the ROM compatible with older HDMI verison or that's something preloaded on the chips of the TV?

Thanks!
                          Anybody know the answer to this?

Comment

Great! That's a good solution! Thanks again. I suppose it's bluetooth so I don't need any wire either! I've tried to connect a Wiimote controller and it works at first (you can conect imito with the controller) but as soon as you press any button, wiimote Controller app close and disconnect the gamepad.
                            I will find a generic ps3 controller and I'll try. It's difficult to find good prices here in Argentina and we've got a special tax if I buy outside the country with my credit card, but thats another problem ;-)
                            Thank you for the alternative!
                            I bought mine from here, maybe they sent it to you too.

The prices are great, like I said, an black fake controller for 16USD and it feels like an original.
                            But there are many like this in **** which are very bad quality, be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              It's becasue the boot.img and the bootanimation were made for 1280x720 and now you are using a 1920x1080 kernel. So boot image will be all messed up and bootanimation will be smaller.

In my MX1/2 1.5 ROM kit is a boot1080.img. Just flash that and it will fix the initial boot screen.

Bob
                              Hi bob,

When you said "just flash that and it will fix" you mean the boot.img only or everthing? I´m asking this because I have the same issue, but I don´t want to flash again and loose my configuration.

Tks,
                              Wanderson Lima

Comment

i have a imito mx2 and i want to root with this rom but i dont know which port on the mx2 is the otg port? can someone please answer this simple question for me so i may continue to root my imito mx2.

also i would like to know which cable do i connect to my desktop to install drivers and flash rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X