iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
    I dont know, If that is a stupid question.
    But did you turn your ethernet-toggle on in settings on the left under Wifi?
    I got my USB-RJ45 adapter yesterday.
    I installed it and rebooted my mx2 and then enabled ethernet and disabled wifi and all worked perfectly.
    I hope I could help you.
    Install Sambadroid and tell us if you can connect without having WIFI on

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
      Install Sambadroid and tell us if you can connect without having WIFI on
      The fix for that is to go to options in Sambadroid and set the bindings to eth0 or eth1

Comment

That's great Thanks! (I'll try it ) but this was only one example there is many apps with the same problem
        PrintShare, Samba Fileshare...

Comment

That's great Thanks! (I'll try it ) but this was only one example there is many apps with the same problem
          PrintShare, Samba Fileshare...
          I actually have "update samba fileshare" running but it would crash on large files. Sambadroid has been running fine though.

As for other apps if it was installed before the switch from WIFI to LAN then it may not work. I have found a few apps that worked after uninstall and reinstall.

Comment

I'll try reinstalling then THANKS!

Comment

Will this finless rom work on my unit?

Hey there. I bought the fowing unit
              http://item.mobileweb.****.com/viewi...id=33387167379

Does anyone know if this rom will work? I'm assuming it will.

Finless Bob made a rom for an arnova I used to have and it was amazing. I'd love to get this running so I can play a lot of games that won't show right with stock DPI.

Comment

Bob, that worked great except one small hiccup
                Now when it boots, there is 3 small splash screens with Finless branding beside each other
                in top third of the screen over the iMito logo for couple seconds and then Finless splash
                in small version in the center (like a picture with huge black frame)
                Not that it's important since it works great after it boots I'm just curious what causes this?
                Do I need to swap the boot animation picture for correct size somewhere?

Thanks
                It's becasue the boot.img and the bootanimation were made for 1280x720 and now you are using a 1920x1080 kernel. So boot image will be all messed up and bootanimation will be smaller.

In my MX1/2 1.5 ROM kit is a boot1080.img. Just flash that and it will fix the initial boot screen.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

One small issue. I am not using WiFi, since my imito MX2 is behind a Yamaha sound bar and therefor WiFi connection is really bad.
                  So I use Micro USB- RJ45 dongle with works great, except to see the network I have to turn Ethernet off and on on every restart. On every restart the Ethernet switch in settings is ON, but the network is not visible. If I keep the stick always on the network is always visible.

Is it a ROM issue, or dongle issue or my local network settings issue?

P.S. It's probably not ROM related but YouTube app doesn't have "FULL SCREEN" button. I did the search and found out it's an issue with latest version of the app itself. Anybody knows what version of the app I should find and install to have that button working on out stick?

Thanks

Comment

Cpu speed

Hi Bob! Thanks for this amazing rom. I've flashed it in my mk802 IIIs and it's working so fine
                    I've seen the cpu is locked to 1.2ghz max, is it possible to go up to 1.4ghz safely? Do i need a heatsink to go beyond that?
                    Tried setcpu but it will not go more than 1.2ghz.
                    Thanks!
                    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      It's becasue the boot.img and the bootanimation were made for 1280x720 and now you are using a 1920x1080 kernel. So boot image will be all messed up and bootanimation will be smaller.

In my MX1/2 1.5 ROM kit is a boot1080.img. Just flash that and it will fix the initial boot screen.

Bob
                      Great, that did it
                      Thanks

Comment

Problems with link...

I can't get the download link to work, anyone had the same problem?

Using chrome, should i use another browser?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ldu05204 View Post
                          I can't get the download link to work, anyone had the same problem?

Using chrome, should i use another browser?

Cheers!
                          Try now. Link should be fixed.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Try now. Link should be fixed.

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
                              I have the newest mx player.
                              But I think mx player supports hwd on the MX1/2.
                              But try it.
                              Uninstalled mx player 1.7.10 and installed mx player neon 1.7.4
                              Now HW decoding works!

Comment

Gamepads on imito Mx

Hello everyone! I've read the entire thread because I've bought an imito Mx and I've got problems with gamepads. I cannot connect my xbox360 wireless controller, wiimote (with wii Controller app) or any usb generic gamepads (with USB/BT joypads)
                                My imito works great with movie streaming, wifi and other things so I don't want to flash my device, fearing a brick or something like that; but I want to play emulators.
                                Is it impossible to play with gamepads with the stock firmware? Do I have to flash my imito if a I want to play with gamepads?
                                Sorry about my English. It's not Google translator, but my few knowledge about this language.
                                Thank you everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X