iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Got a question, today I went to my buddy's place and his TV (I guess has older HDMI version) would play cut-off sound from my UG007 with iMito MX1 Finless ROM 1.5, is there a way to make the ROM compatible with older HDMI verison or that's something preloaded on the chips of the TV?

Thanks!
    Bob, any ideas???

Comment

Bob, any ideas???
      Sorry no clue... Nothing I know of can be done to make it work with older HDMI.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i have a imito mx2 and i want to root with this rom but i dont know which port on the mx2 is the otg port? can someone please answer this simple question for me so i may continue to root my imito mx2.

also i would like to know which cable do i connect to my desktop to install drivers and flash rom?

Comment

Originally posted by anhell28 View Post
          i have a imito mx2 and i want to root with this rom but i dont know which port on the mx2 is the otg port? can someone please answer this simple question for me so i may continue to root my imito mx2.

also i would like to know which cable do i connect to my desktop to install drivers and flash rom?
          the one on the side with the cable that came with the MX2

Comment

nevermind...i got it done myself.
            Last edited by anhell28; 02-01-2013, 19:27.

Comment

Originally posted by anhell28 View Post
              you mean the micro usb port near the sd card slot? but which cable because it came with 1 long usb for power adaptor,and 1 tiny cable (otg i presume) but doesnt connect to anything because the end of this cable is not usb.i connected a different usb cable from the micro usb port to a laptop and desktop with no luck,and the cable it came with cant connect to my pc or laptop.
              You can use any OTG cable, it will look like the same cable that is used for powering the device (on the back by the large USB port), the port used for connecting to a PC is the one on the side, your device only came with one OTG cable, if you're needing to hook up via a PC you will need an additional cable, you must provide power via the brick as well as hook to PC on the side, as the back port is only power and has no data. You shouldn't have much trouble finding an additional cable, most phones come with them now.

-HBomb187

Comment

Originally posted by HBomb187 View Post
                You can use any OTG cable, it will look like the same cable that is used for powering the device (on the back by the large USB port), the port used for connecting to a PC is the one on the side, your device only came with one OTG cable, if you're needing to hook up via a PC you will need an additional cable, you must provide power via the brick as well as hook to PC on the side, as the back port is only power and has no data. You shouldn't have much trouble finding an additional cable, most phones come with them now.

-HBomb187
                thanks for reply but i figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Sorry no clue... Nothing I know of can be done to make it work with older HDMI.

Bob
                  Ok, thanks. I guess it's time to upgrade that TV to a 3D one anyways I'll use it for PS3 or something...

Comment

imito clone from Vali works great after flashing the rom with the finless rom 1.5

I opened the unit up and took a look at what was inside to confirm that it is at least a rockchip 3066 and it is and memory appears to be correct once I read upon the forums and Bob gave me some insight on that issue ...

The only thing not working so far is wifi hot spot function now but thats not a real issue

The wireless in this one connects at a awesome 65 mbs and is strong so far but while it was open I rerouted the antenna to the outside in case I ever need to mod that ....

Installing the go launcher gave me acess to a lot of functions and settings not seen previously and after I get more familiar with the android os I will start playing around a bit more on this one ....

I have ordered a mx1 from geekbuying that will be hooked to the tv and left pretty much alone and I will use this one for testing roms and testing new stuff with

Im wondering if perhaps they can be used in a cluster computer like was done with the Pi perhaps?

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

got this pretty much running as intended. installed holo launcher and that helped clean everything up to look good on my 50" plasma.

got xbmc 12 on here as well. looks good! can stream most hd file types well enough.

got my ssh server up and runnng.....

i would like to know if there was a way to statically set the IP on here. not a big deal as im sure the ip will stay the sme.

thanks for the sick rom finless! any updates on the way for this device?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by johnblagg View Post
                        I opened the unit up and took a look at what was inside to confirm that it is at least a rockchip 3066 and it is and memory appears to be correct once I read upon the forums and Bob gave me some insight on that issue ...

The only thing not working so far is wifi hot spot function now but thats not a real issue

The wireless in this one connects at a awesome 65 mbs and is strong so far but while it was open I rerouted the antenna to the outside in case I ever need to mod that ....

Installing the go launcher gave me acess to a lot of functions and settings not seen previously and after I get more familiar with the android os I will start playing around a bit more on this one ....

I have ordered a mx1 from geekbuying that will be hooked to the tv and left pretty much alone and I will use this one for testing roms and testing new stuff with

Im wondering if perhaps they can be used in a cluster computer like was done with the Pi perhaps?
                        You can get cheap 10/100 USB ethernet and not have to rely on wifi at least.. I heard even 10/100/1000 but not sure if you will get the full gigabit out of it.

Comment

You can get cheap 10/100 USB ethernet and not have to rely on wifi at least.. I heard even 10/100/1000 but not sure if you will get the full gigabit out of it.
                          ahh but I dont want to run cables to it and I have some bluetooth software that is way cool that lets me stream video and audio using blutooth as well and 65 mbs over wireless is more that sufficient for netflix ect .... I am just playing around with figuring out what I can do with this right now.

The 65mbs is far better than I have ever got from any wireless card I have here even my wireless n cards so Im very happy with the wireless in it. shoot I have less buffering on netflix with it that I do with the desktop hooked to the router by wired ethernet directly.

Comment

Thanks again for the courage

Originally posted by pablo1312 View Post
                            Great! That's a good solution! Thanks again. I suppose it's bluetooth so I don't need any wire either! I've tried to connect a Wiimote controller and it works at first (you can conect imito with the controller) but as soon as you press any button, wiimote Controller app close and disconnect the gamepad.
                            I will find a generic ps3 controller and I'll try. It's difficult to find good prices here in Argentina and we've got a special tax if I buy outside the country with my credit card, but thats another problem ;-)
                            Thank you for the alternative!
                            I've flashed my imito today. It works great and now I can use my xbox controller. And, as you said, if you follow the instructions you can't be wrong.
                            Thank you very much.

Greetings from Argentina

Comment

I think I just bricked my MX1…. It was working fine for couple of days and today it froze and got stuck so I unpluged it from the dc to restart and now it shows «no signal» on my tv… and it is not booting. When I connect it to my pc the Rom Flash Tool sais «Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb» and if I press «Reboot to Flash Mode» an error comes up with «Device can not do Flash Mode,because it is not msc device.»

If I press «Flash ROM» - it starts writing and starts to check download data and after that an ERROR comes up with «ERROR: download file failed» and «ERROR:Run failed»

Anyone knows what can be done to fix my MX1?

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
                                One more Plus for PS3 Controller is, that sixaxis controller has touch emulation, that means, you can map touch keys to physical ones on the controller.
                                Touch emulation seems not work with iMito MX1. Did you manage to get working? Could you explain how to do it? I've only could get this feature working on devices that have real touch like smartphones or tablets. I believe there's no touch driver present on iMito, so this feature can't be emulated by sixaxis driver.

Enviado de meu Nexus 7 usando o Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X