Recovery with ROM dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    I'll take a look at it. CM not likely, but CWM possible.

Randy

WOAH ! many thanks !!

Comment

OK Screech...I'm uploading a ROM for you.

Your tablet looks just like the Pipo M1 Max. The interesting thing about it is that Pipo has released an Android 4.2.2 version of the firmware for their M1. You might consider trying it...it might work. This tablet may be an OEM version of the Pipo M1 Max. I have done a custom ROM for the Pipo M1 Max, here.

I have cooked a ROM based on your ROM dump. It took a little while because I had to recreate a system.img file from your dump.

It is rooted with 2gb user app space. I added Init.d support and added busybox commands.

I included both the stock recovery and the generic 3066 CWM Recovery. The CWM is the default...if it doesn't work, you can revert back to the stock recovery by renaming the files in the RileyROM folder.

See the Read Me First file for flashing instructions.

Here is the link to the Download

Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Clearly I can't test it, but what I have run into using the generic CWM you have to jump through some hoops to get it to work. After flash it boots first to CWM. Highlight Reboot to system and press the power button and it will boot to the system. Let it initialize all the way the first time and you will see a notification that the sd card is damaged...just touch on that and format your sd card. Then you are good to go.

I think I forgot to include the Petrus Reboot app. You can download it and install it yourself so you can reboot to recovery...here.

Let me know if everything works, and I'll create a new thread just for this tablet.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

A BIG THANKS !!!!

Clearly I can't test it, but what I have run into using the generic CWM you have to jump through some hoops to get it to work. After flash it boots first to CWM. Highlight Reboot to system and press the power button and it will boot to the system. Let it initialize all the way the first time and you will see a notification that the sd card is damaged...just touch on that and format your sd card. Then you are good to go.

I think I forgot to include the Petrus Reboot app. You can download it and install it yourself so you can reboot to recovery...here.

Let me know if everything works, and I'll create a new thread just for this tablet.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Hi, i'm downloading right now ... thanks for your time i tell you if work and how it work
          and if make some difference i sure donate you !

i also try PiPO M1 4.2.2 rom ... and tell you if work !

Comment

Recovery with ROM dump

Sure, man...no problem.

This was a first for me to start from scratch with a whole new system.img. Hopefully I got all the permissions set right.

I'm at work till late tonight, so any tweaking will have to be done tomorrow.

I really hope my Pipo M1 ROM works for you.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Good Job Randy!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

not working ... with CMW ...

Hi, i have flashed with your files and CMW recovery give me many errors on partitions, after i changed to stock recovery and it start ... now rom is loading ... we see later if is good

Comment

Recovery with ROM dump

It is normal for CWM to act that way on first boot. After you manually format the internal memory it should mount everything. Sometimes it just won't though.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

R: Recovery with ROM dump

But when I choose reboot system ... Tablet reboot and enter again in recovery ... I try many times ... How boot to system now !?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Comment

Recovery with ROM dump

Ok just try flashing the stock recovery. You might be able to add CWM later.

Did you try the Pipo M1 ROM?

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

R: Recovery with ROM dump

Ok just try flashing the stock recovery. You might be able to add CWM later.

Did you try the Pipo M1 ROM?

Randy
                        OK I have used stock recovery and system is on ... But is still in boot logo screen ... Now is 10min ... (I come back 4 hour after boot and is still on bootlogo screen ... Boot loop !? )

I have try pipo M1 ROM and when boot the screen flash and next all black ... If I leave USB cable connected I see in tool "mass storage connected"

Now I have to exit to eat something ... But I can reply with my smartphone ...

Thanks for the assistance too !

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2
                        Last edited by screech; 05-18-2013, 01:17.

Comment

now how i can restore original dump ?

now it's possible to restore original firmware from dump ??

i try some other cmw recovery ...

Comment

AW: Recovery with ROM dump

Normally yes. But you need a Flash Packet for it.

Neomode Freaktab.com Developer

Comment

can u explain me how ? i'm stuck in bootloop now with Pipo M1 MAX custom rom ....

Comment

AW: Recovery with ROM dump

I will Download your ROM Dump and will see to make you a Packed to Flash.

Neomode Freaktab.com Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X