Recovery with ROM dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery with ROM dump

Problem is...I didn't have the stock parameter file to work with.

How much NAND flash is there supposed to be...total?

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

R: Recovery with ROM dump

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Problem is...I didn't have the stock parameter file to work with.

How much NAND flash is there supposed to be...total?

Randy
      If I use parameter file from your 1.0a version of the ROM I get 2gb of system and the rest of 16gb for virtual SD ...
      If I use parameter file from your 1.1 version I get:
      With 8 and 6 GB I get 170mb of system
      With 4 GB I get 4gb of system and the rest is 0 !!

Your 1.0a version have inside 2 parameter files 1 for 2gb and 1 for 1gb (stock)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Comment

Recovery with ROM dump

Ok. I will redo the math and see what I get. Sorry about that. I'm still learning this parameter stuff.

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

OK. Try these parameter files out:

Download
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

OK. Try these parameter files out:

Download
            I try it when I come home ....
            Ah another little thing ... When I make the romdum I have a modified version of play store installed in system ... I know how to fix manually ... But is not professional in your ROM to have a cracked play store ...
            Sorry for the inconvenience ...

Comment

Recovery with ROM dump

In my opinion you can't run Android without a working Play Store. Therefore, I feel that Play Store fix is important enough to include with every ROM I do.

My profession is Fire Captain/Paramedic. This is my hobby.

Most developers follow the same standard.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

In my opinion you can't run Android without a working Play Store. Therefore, I feel that Play Store fix is important enough to include with every ROM I do.

My profession is Fire Captain/Paramedic. This is my hobby.

Most developers follow the same standard.

Randy
                Woah ! Cool work you do ... I'm in firefighting too ... I install and manage firefighting equipment !!
                (Sorry if I'm wrong but I don't know how to explain my work in English)

Back to ROM: you have to substitute the play store app in your ROM 'cause is hacked ... You need to replace it with original play store !
                Sorry it's my fault ... I have done romdum with playstore hacked and you have develop the ROM with wrong play store !

Sorry again ... And now work hard to find a CMW for me !! I'm joking of course !!! :thumbup:

Comment

Recovery with ROM dump

I thought you found a CWM.

Ok I get it...I need to replace YOUR Play Store app? Does it work? I may just leave it. The first time it runs it updates to a newer version, anyway.

I also added some other files to modify the Play Store. That's what I was talking about.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

i found a working CMW but when i restart tablet it freeze on your boot logo, you can make some for this ??

for google play:
                    I installed a cracked version of Google Play before making a ROMDUMP, so now in your ROM (M1 Meiying RileyROM 1.1) you end up with my own version cracked! and you have to change sysyem / bin file "ponesky.apk" with a non-cracked version

I translated with google translator I hope the message is more understandable for you ...

Comment

Sounds good. I've been working with so many different ROM's in the last two days, that I lost track of where we were on your CWM.

Please let me know if the parameter files work.

I'll go ahead and put a different Play Store app in the next release. Otherwise, your tweak is OUT THERE!!!

Is this something you did? If so...PM me what you did to it.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Photo is more than a word !!

ok now 8Gb parameter work correctly !!!

here you can see cracked version of playstore ...

SCREENSHOT REMOVED DUE TO VIOLATION by ScrEEcH

and 2 photo of CMW not working (included in your 1.0 Rom version)

Last edited by screech; 05-23-2013, 19:06.

Comment

Great news on the parameters. Thanks for testing.

It will be tomorrow before I get a chance to work on the CWM. I'm at work.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

thanks to you !!!
                            and of course GOOD WORK !

Comment

Am I missing something?
                              What is a cracked version of Google Play he is talking about?

I do not believe there is such a thing so maybe this is a translation issue?

We cant have or discuss cracking or piracy here so we need to be clear please.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I'm not sure what's going on with that. I'm fixing that as soon as I get back to the ROM.

The icon shows a happy face for Google Play Store on the screen shot.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X