No announcement yet.

New - Archos 80 Cobalt 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys - been having fun with the wee archos and supersports great rom, however i've hit a snag when trying to restore back to stock (using the instructions on xda) that i think somebody else had in that the internal SD card won't mount once i restore. I've reverted back to supersports rom and all seems fine again (with about 4gb storage) but i'm wondering how to get back to proper stock setup?

I'm guessing that this has maybe something to do with the way the custom rom is set up to give more space for apps etc but it would be good if there was a way to go back for warranty etc purposes.

Cheers
    Niall

Comment

Re: New - Archos 80 Cobalt 900supersport 1.1 ROM

I think the following should work.

Flash the stock ROM with my recovery and kernel images. This should deal with formatting and should then give you a stock boot and system. Check it boots ok then flash the stock kernel and recovery only (do not erase idb).

Hopefully you should now be stock.
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

okay....this is probably going to show my ignorance but is this a case of copying across your files (recovery and kernel) to the backup directory of the cobalt recovery directory? And then replacing them with the original files in the cobalt recovery zip and flashing them?

Comment

Does the recovery zip contain recovery.img and kernel.img?
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

once you unzip it there are files called kernel and recovery (not .img though) in a directory called backup....basically the same as your new rom expect the folder is called backup rather than 900supersportROM and files don't have the .img extension

Comment

Ok try this.

copy kernel, recovery, boot and system from the recovery.zip into the 900supersportROM

using my flash tool erase idb
              click the square to the right of boot.img and select the boot you just copied into the 900supersportROM folder
              do the same for system

verify that you can now boot and that the internal sdcard ok

back to flashmode and my rom tool clear the checks except kernel and recovery as above select the stock kernel and recovery and flash
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

okay, looks like that has worked apart from still having 2gb app space which i know isn't a bad thing but it would be good to be able to go back to factory fresh settings if possible

Comment

Originally posted by niallmoran View Post
                  okay, looks like that has worked apart from still having 2gb app space which i know isn't a bad thing but it would be good to be able to go back to factory fresh settings if possible
                  Sorry if you copy parameter from the restore zip and replace mine with it and try again.

Sent from my U30GT MINI using Tapatalk HD
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

perfect - you're a star

Comment

Hey

ive just turned on my Tablet now and the graphics seen a bit dodgy and my screen is completely red? Any Ideas?

also how do i completely reset the tablet back to factory settings incase i need to send it back to the manufacturer?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by niallmoran View Post
                        perfect - you're a star
                        mind to share again what have you done? I need to revert to stock ROM. I think my tablet have a hardware problems..it have no sound at all

** sorry..noobs here

UPDATE : I'm on OFW now except there is a program "SuperSU"..how to remove it? I think i'm going to return at Tesco by tomorrow. Thanks
                        Last edited by sarge; 01-23-2013, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                          I've been looking at implementing Christian Troy's Gameloft fixes, now have asphalt 7 working on my cube mini. All being well I'll have the fix available for the Cobalt at the weekend.
                          any update on this? Thanks

Comment

Sorry yes, I've implemented the fixes on an number of tablets. Was preparing to implement on the cobalt so downloaded asphalt 7. To my surprise it works fine with no fix required.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I have managed to delete the whole system of the tablet, the only thing I am left with is the boot image and clockwork recovery. Would someone be able to share a cwm backup of their tablet, that is the only way I can get the tablet to work. The stock rom recovery method is useless as the tablet won't enter bootloader. I don't have any warranty and I bought this tablet for 100pounds, I had really appreciate if someone could share a backup as that would save me from losing my tablet.

thank you.

Edit: I did make a backup in the internal sd card, however, in rktool I removed everything when I erased nand.
                              Last edited by Iran4u; 02-04-2013, 05:40.
                              I ran 4 u! not to be confused with Iran 4 u!

Comment

Exactly what are you doing to try and enter boot loader?
                                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                                X