No announcement yet.

Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its funny as f*** to me that geekbuying is launching another promotion when they still havent even fulfilled orders from their last promotion that was over a month ago!!! Only sign up for this if you want your money to get took with no product ever being shipped.

Comment

Good to see that the temps are reasonable whilst under stress and the Crystaldiskmark not looking too bad.

The GPU is what really separates this SOC from the Baytrail, so it will be interesting to see how it copes with high bitrate video and more intensive gaming.

The upcoming pricing of all the new and older boxes is going to be interesting to follow with the potentially impending collapse of Asian economies due to China's factory output slump.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Testing of intensive gaming may have some flaws at present finding something that supports 32bit DX12, on the Ara X5
        Netflix last night for a few hours with App no problems easy looked good.
        Plex as always is good,

Kodi I will test later but normally Kodi is pretty good with Windows.
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5

Passmark tests using Burning Tool

Would peak at up to 14 and down to about 9

Passmark All tests Tronsmart Ara X5 = 557

Same Test Run On a PIPO X7 = 520

How accurate this is for the New Braswell with no DX12 test may alter results lowering Graphic performance i feel
          Like all testing programs beware of the end result.

Observing tests while running it was obvious the Tronsmart Ara X5 was much smoother with more FPS(heaps)
          in the 3D graphic animation as compared to the PIPO X7,
          Tronsmart Ara X5 is running 64bit Windows 10,
          Pipo 32bit Windows 10.

Cheers
          Last edited by trebor; 08-22-2015, 07:18.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I'm loving mine at the moment. It handles Windows 10 really well and the 3DMark scores have nearly doubled over the Intel Z3735F SoCs thanks to Cherry Trail's improved GPU. I've put together a video of it running some games, Kodi, etc:
            Come visit Home Theatre Life for the latest reviews!
            Read the Latest Article: Nexbox A95X Pro Review - Android TV for under $40!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkscythe View Post
              I'm loving mine at the moment. It handles Windows 10 really well and the 3DMark scores have nearly doubled over the Intel Z3735F SoCs thanks to Cherry Trail's improved GPU. I've put together a video of it running some games, Kodi, etc:
              Thanks for that video.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yep the Tronsmart Ara x5 a great little unit, performs very well,
                no heat issues and has a bit of Zing to it.
                can only get better from here.
                Great Video
                Cheers

Some comparison from CNX-Software
                http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/08/...Development%29

Last edited by trebor; 08-23-2015, 19:43.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Does the Ara X5 have bios functionality for auto power after power loss?

Comment

Found State after 3G, 3G= power failure
                    2 options
                    S0 state
                    S5 state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface
                    • G0 (S0), Working: "Awaymode" is a subset of S0, where monitor is off but background tasks are running.
                    • G1, Sleeping: Divided into four states, S1 through S4:
                      • S1, Power on Suspend (POS): All the processor caches are flushed, and the CPU(s) stops executing instructions. The power to the CPU(s) and RAM is maintained. Devices that do not indicate they must remain on, may be powered off.
                      • S2: CPU powered off. Dirty cache is flushed to RAM.
                      • S3, commonly referred to as Standby, Sleep, or Suspend to RAM (STR): RAM remains powered.
                      • S4, Hibernation or Suspend to Disk: All content of the main memory is saved to non-volatile memory such as a hard drive, and is powered down.
                    • G2 (S5), Soft Off: G2/S5 is almost the same as G3 Mechanical Off, except that the power supply unit (PSU) still supplies power, at a minimum, to the power button to allow return to S0. A full reboot is required. No previous content is retained. Other components may remain powered so the computer can "wake" on input from the keyboard, clock, modem, LAN, or USB device.
                    • G3, Mechanical Off: The computer's power has been totally removed via a mechanical switch (as on the rear of a PSU). The power cord can be removed and the system is safe for disassembly (typically, only the real-time clock continues to run - using its own small battery).
                    But if it works that way its another thing to be looked into.

**** Reading further appears this will Brick device so I suggest Dont ***

Cheers
                    Last edited by trebor; 09-04-2015, 21:15.
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

More from CNX-Software as my TV has no 4k...another toy on the list
                      CNX-Software has some new info on his site

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/08/...Development%29
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Some very interesting information.

I was surprised that the EMMC was much slower than that found on the Mele PCG03 and the bottom line seems to be that whilst there is some support for 4k, this is still very much a 1080p device.

The issue with the external hard drive not being recognised when plugged into the USB 3 port sounds like a Windows/driver issue as there is ample power from the 5v/3a supply for it.

One thing that I really do like about the Ara X5 is that finally somebody has realised that substance over style works better, so placing 2 USB ports and the headphone jack on the front makes perfect sense for ease of use.

Well done Tronsmart on that score.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Did anyone receive a coupon? Appears they've removed the promo.

Comment

There is this one
                            Coupon code: MZITETQR ($15 off)
                            Tronsmart Ara X5

And its still going...changed the deal a little
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Linux on Ara X5 from CNX-Software

Cheers
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Lude View Post
                                Did anyone receive a coupon? Appears they've removed the promo.

No coupon here, i think we were many that didn't get anything

Comment

Working...
                                X