No announcement yet.

Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI guys We are really sorry for the ara x5 promotions, seems a lot of people don't get the promote code, but we are sure some people get the guys, since we get some customer post in the comment. our IT guy are checking the problem, we suggest you make sure check the spam box, and if still no, we have a record in our back stage for who join the party, and how many coupon you guys get, we will arrange to send again for the coupon code.

and sorry again for the problem caused.

Eric
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Apparently the promotion now states that all coupons have now been snapped up.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Bit of a shame, I did not get one and applied right at the beginning . . .

Comment

There's something fishy around aye?

Comment

Originally posted by Scooberdanje View Post
            There's something fishy around aye?
            Its always possible that they had an overwhelming response to that promo. Or some other reasonable explanation, like a faulty algorithm or misplaced parameter. Stuff happens. But who knows?

Comment

I would go for minix tv box when it comes to windows based tv box, I don't think Tronsmart can make a decent Windows based tv box now as the compatibility between windows and TV still to be improved. I personally would pick a Android TV Box shipped with Amlogic s812, and I had a good experience with Tronfy. http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px30zkj-p-154403.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kimer View Post
                I would go for minix tv box when it comes to windows based tv box, I don't think Tronsmart can make a decent Windows based tv box now as the compatibility between windows and TV still to be improved. I personally would pick a Android TV Box shipped with Amlogic s812, and I had a good experience with Tronfy. http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px30zkj-p-154403.html
                Thanks for that opinion.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Kimer View Post

What compatibility needs to be improved?

Comment

My friend got his today. Plugged it in, didn't start. Nor do the led light turns on. The unit itself got like fry-egg warm. Probably a faulty unit and he will tell GB. What a turn down, a weekend that could be full of tinkering and now the usual tronsmart feeling. The let down kinda feeling.

Comment

This can happen out of the box, should not happen but does.
                      Sorry for your loss.
                      You will have to mow the lawns this weekend
                      Cheers
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Received one today.

Thanks for Geekbuying and DHL for a stunning 2 day delivery.

Will be putting it through it's paces over the next week and producing a full review.

Comment

Did u get it for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Lude View Post
                            Did u get it for free?

The only free thing in my life is the air that I breathe.

Comment

Just being having a first play with the X5 and it has become my new best friend.

Just after a couple of hours use I'm extremely impressed with the overall package.

Was supplied with a dedicated UK ac adapter, not a 2 prong one with a separate adapter.

Immediately got the Windows updates out of the way.

Then installed Kodi 15.2 RC1.

Ir breezed through pretty much all my video test files that I expected it to play and is as smooth as butter in general operation with great colour rendition and depth.

There were a few MKV files where there was some issue with colour rendition, so more investigation required there.

I was expecting Kodi performance to be less than that of VLC and Potplayer but it is actually much better.

In fact I am rather disappointed with the performance of both VLC and potplayer but don't care that much right now.

General performance of Windows is good, just don't expect Core i series speeds.

Boots up in around 30 seconds.

Logitech K400 Plus works like a charm.

Bluetooth paired with my soundbar, headphones and phone without issue.

Internet browsing is fast and smooth in Chrome and Edge over 5ghz WiFi .

Transfer of large files to the internal storage via a flash drive on the USB 3 port yielded an average transfer speed of about 42 Mb/s.

Transferring the other way gives me around 50 Mb/s for a flash drive that tops out at 60 on my laptops and desktops, so pleased with that.

The box gets warm but never hot.

Love the 2 USB ports and headphone/microphone jack being on the front of the box for easy and logical access (would have liked one of them to have been the USB 3 port).

They say that you only get one chance to get a first impression and my first impression is seriously impressive.

No other stick/box has given me a better out of the box experience than this one, Windows or Android.

It will be interesting to see if Tronsmart come up with a dual boot option as it would be interesting to see how Android would perform on the X5.

I've only scratched the surface but am so looking forward to really putting it through it's paces.

I had wondered whether the extra expense over an Android box would be balanced out by the fact that it just works and so far I would say yes.

Comment

Well said yes they are a great unit, remembering whats under the lid, smooth and yes often have some trouble with .MKV depend on who and how it was done, and yes they do just work.
                                Cheers
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X