Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post
    hi. would anyone here happen to know if it is possible to use a ps3 or xbox controller on a device such as this running windows? it would be only used for kodi and netflix. can you use kodi and netflix with these types of controllers just like i do with my android device? due to an injury to my hands from work its very hard to use a keyboard and mouse. i've tried all types but a ps3 or xbox controller is comfortable to use i just wanted to try kodi with a windows os rather than android thanks

According to this and other articles you can use a PS3 bluetooth controller (X5 already has bluetooth support so you won't need an a dongle).

https://openhtpc.wordpress.com/2015/...di-on-windows/

This article, which initially suggested issues using an Xbox controller under Windows 10 seems to have a solution too.

http://emby.media/community/index.ph...ntroller-nope/
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Anyone test temps with a laser temp gun? I took mine out of the casing just now and ran this thing through the mud and was able to get software to show temps @ 89c but when I pointed the gun at cpu area on the back of the mainboard it was reading max of like 65c

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless

Its also interesting that the box mentioned it on the back. Wouldnt be surprised to see dual booting cherry trail boxes hitting the market soon too. Has anyone tested out any form of game streaming yet? e.g. From an Xbox one or using steam in home?
        Do you mean this device will be capable of running Android or do you think there will be an enhanced device later on.

Comment

thanks i'll check those out

Comment

Got the device now. Will test ltr.

Comment

I am still on the fence about purchasing this Windows box. Can someone install NextPVR and tell me if it works.
              Thanks
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                I am still on the fence about purchasing this Windows box. Can someone install NextPVR and tell me if it works.
                Thanks

If I had an appropriate capture device I would gladly do so.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

If I had an appropriate capture device I would gladly do so.
                  How do you watch and record live TV?
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

How do you watch and record live TV?

I can watch and record live TV using my ISP supplied box.

Sometimes I will watch live TV using a Kodi addon.

If I can find a reliable and relatively cheap DVB-T2 USB based tuner then I will give it a go using Kodi and something like NextPVR.

Comment

Well, I finally ordered it, used a $15 coupon code and free shipping. I have to see how it works as a DVR.

I will see if it can be a plex server, and see if it can run NextPVR.

Comment

Well, I finally ordered it, used a $15 coupon code and free shipping. I have to see how it works as a DVR.

I will see if it can be a plex server, and see if it can run NextPVR.

I've got it running using Plex, streaming from other devices on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I've got it running using Plex, streaming from other devices on the network.
                          Does it have the power to be a plex SERVER?

Comment

Hi
                            I finally received the box, plugged it and tried a little. I was a little bit disappointed by the power supply which was deliver with a cheap adapter to european electrical plugs.
                            I had a picture too big for my screen, but solved it with the parameters of my tv.
                            Everything else I tried seems to work fine except :

i don't manage to activate passthrough to my AV receiver for Dobly and DTS content. Do you know how to do that ?

Thanks !

Comment

Narcos ep1 in 720 on popcorn stutters. Audio fine, video crap. On the laptop its OK. Other movies and series fine in both 720 and 1080.
                              Possible codec issue?
                              Can someone try??

Comment

Originally posted by Eclecticon View Post
                                Narcos ep1 in 720 on popcorn stutters. Audio fine, video crap. On the laptop its OK. Other movies and series fine in both 720 and 1080.
                                Possible codec issue?
                                Can someone try??

Not tried Popcorntime because it's illegal here.

Have you tried using Kodi and an addon or downloading it and then watching it through Kodi?

When playing high bitrate files using standard players such as VLC, Potplayer etc they don't work very well, even after installing some codec packs, so personally think that we will have to wait for a driver update.

But for me, the fact that Kodi does all that I want I'm not bothered about the rest at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X