Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still with my dead box...

I've no answer neither from Tronsmart, nor from Geekbuying yet...

On Tronsmart forum, I have the feeling that my message is among other users posts : They tried to update the bios and bricked their box. But I did'nt do anything such as trying to update the bios, and my box seems to be dead...

I sent a mail to Geekbuying aftersale support yesterday, so I wait an answer yet...

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That is great news. Can you post that information to the Kodi forum about devices that can play 3D BluRay, thanks. Here is the link. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

Unfortunately I cannot get 3D BluRay working with Kodi. Total Media Theatre 6 works fine though. HD audio works with 6 channel PCM decoding, undecoded bitstreaming does not work.

Comment

Does anyone know how to get 4K video decoding working with MPC HC? 4K videos from youtube play fine with Microsoft Edge. However 4K material does not play fine with MPC HC. I have tried LAV decoders and PowerDVD 14 decoders but both give unwatchable picture. I have recorded 4K video stream from 4K Fashion satellite channel (Astra 19.2).

Comment

Update fixed. Still no network. Worked fine before. Plugged laptop on network cable >> fine.
          Plugged into box again. "Unidentified network" no internet. WiFi fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jutzi View Post
            Does anyone know how to get 4K video decoding working with MPC HC? 4K videos from youtube play fine with Microsoft Edge. However 4K material does not play fine with MPC HC. I have tried LAV decoders and PowerDVD 14 decoders but both give unwatchable picture. I have recorded 4K video stream from 4K Fashion satellite channel (Astra 19.2).

I have found that none of the regular popular video players play well with 4k and high bitrate files.

VLC, Daum Potplayer, MPC, DVDFab player, GOM.

Even adding Codec packs such as Klite made no difference.

Luckily Kodi plays everything that I want to, so hasn't been a concern, even though I was surprised that the other players struggled.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Update fixed. Still no network. Worked fine before. Plugged laptop on network cable >> fine.

Comment

Test

Comment

Originally posted by Eclecticon View Post

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the ethernet controller in device manager?
                  Are your IPV4 settings set to assign an IP address automatically?
                  Have you tried changing the duplex setting from Auto to something like 100Mb/Full?
                  Did you run the Windows networking troubleshooter?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the ethernet controller in device manager?
                    Are your IPV4 settings set to assign an IP address automatically?
                    Have you tried changing the duplex setting from Auto to something like 100Mb/Full?
                    Did you run the Windows networking troubleshooter?
                    Will try later today.
                    Sorry i had some issues with tapatalk.

Comment

Checked all that. The default gateway is not available.
                      WiFi also terribly slow, not responding a lot of times.
                      Checked cable with laptop, cable is fine. Trying new asix drivers now.
                      Same issue
                      Trying avg antivirus
                      Last edited by Eclecticon; 10-30-2015, 16:08.

Comment

No luck. So im resetting the PC.
                        Same issue.
                        Sick of it, will try something else when I feel like it.
                        It worked fine before.
                        Last edited by Eclecticon; 10-30-2015, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclecticon View Post
                          No luck. So im resetting the PC.
                          Same issue.
                          Sick of it, will try something else when I feel like it.
                          It worked fine before.

Is it being assigned a MAC address?

Comment

Thanks, will try soon.

Comment

Even if you uninstall network card, right click uninstall driver....then Reboot see if it find itself again or have driver ready in case (if not already tried.)
                              Cheers
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Just to give you news about my dead box.

Tronsmart answered me on their forum : I made several test for them and their conclusion is that I should send it back to my re-seller.
                                Geekbuying answered me too (after maybe 24h, that's good ) and now they ask me to send back the box. Thy will send me a new replacement once they get the return item

I'm in France and postal cost are really huge : 24€ ~26US$ And I'm so sad because it will last very long before having a new unit...

My only hope is that Tronsmart knows why this happenned to me and Clarkss, and I hope they corrected the root cause...

Comment

Working...
                                X