Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too.

It's a bit of a shame that Tronsmart haven't acted swiftly and decisively enough to the issues that some users have found, which has likely resulted in the reputation of the X5 being somewhat tarnished in the eyes of prospective purchasers.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

After reading all the complains on the Tronsmart forum, nearly all of them unanswered, I think I will never buy a Tronsmart product

Comment

What issues? Non here

Comment

Originally posted by Eclecticon View Post
          What issues? Non here

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I´ll recieved this replacement and new version of the Ara(plus, with antenna) after my first one had issues with both wifi and OS problems. And I´m very pleased with it so far after five days of use. But I noticed something very strange after a couple of days the top of the box, the shiny cover was to come loose at the edges (see attatchements). Has anybody seen that before?!
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by marcuspresident View Post
                I´ll recieved this replacement and new version of the Ara(plus, with antenna) after my first one had issues with both wifi and OS problems. And I´m very pleased with it so far after five days of use. But I noticed something very strange after a couple of days the top of the box, the shiny cover was to come loose at the edges (see attatchements). Has anybody seen that before?!

I've got the original X5 and after 6 months I noticed yesterday that the cover has come loose across the same edge as you.

Comment

My friend bought one of these. I helped him to send it back due to power issues. That's the second tronsmart product I've encountered and both I had to send back. My personal opinion: tronsmart = no
                  Last edited by Scooberdanje; 03-28-2016, 13:07. Reason: Spelling

Comment

All of a sudden the Ara rebooted with the sad smiley face. Then it goes inte some when I turned it on goes straight to a screen that says EFI shell version.
                    I tried to get out of it but when I press esc on my airmouse nothing happens. Now it's just says: shell>

Please don't say it's a hardware problem. Not again..

Comment

Originally posted by marcuspresident View Post
                      All of a sudden the Ara rebooted with the sad smiley face. Then it goes inte some when I turned it on goes straight to a screen that says EFI shell version.
                      I tried to get out of it but when I press esc on my airmouse nothing happens. Now it's just says: shell>

Please don't say it's a hardware problem. Not again..

I've read on some other forums for other boards with the same issue that some people simply type the word exit and this solves the problem.

Not sure what the logic is but worth a try.

Comment

So guys is it a good buy? On geekbuying they're selling at an interesting price.

Comment

For me it has been a good box but clearly there were some issues for others with the original X5, which seem to generally have been corrected with the X5 plus but not without more consternation for too many users and frankly crap support from Tronsmart.

Right now though, if I were looking at the X5 plus as a possible purchase, I'd be seriously considering the Wintel Pro W8 PRO, which is essentially the same box but far cheaper.

Comment

Yeah, BluesmanUK shamed me into purchasing one a few months ago and it died in 10 days, but Tronsmart replaced it in 4 days. It has been working flawlessly for me since, (knock on wood). I paid a lot more for my Minix X8-H Plus, and rarely ever use it. If and when it ever dies, I have no idea what I will replace it with. They do have ones out now that have 4 gig of ram and 64 gig of storage, that is very tempting.
                            Last edited by clarkss12; 05-16-2016, 22:46. Reason: spellling
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                              Yeah, BluesmanUK shamed me into purchasing one a few months ago and it died in 10 days, but Tronsmart replaced it in 4 days. It has been working flawlessly for me since, (knock on wood). I paid a lot more for my Minix X8-H Plus, and rarely ever use it. If and when it ever dies, I have no idea what I will replace it with. They do have ones out now that have 4 gig of ram and 64 gig of storage, that is very tempting.

I won't mention my latest Asrock Beebox N3150 then, which has 8Gb RAM and a 240Gb SSD, which works even better than the X5 and has enabled me to have a triple boot Windows/Librelec/Linux Intel VAAPI install with oodles of disk space free for apps and data and only cost me a little more than an X5 Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I won't mention my latest Asrock Beebox N3150 then, which has 8Gb RAM and a 240Gb SSD, which works even better than the X5 and has enabled me to have a triple boot Windows/Librelec/Linux Intel VAAPI install with oodles of disk space free for apps and data and only cost me a little more than an X5 Plus.
                                Where??

Like this? >> .http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X