Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myst3r View Post
    Just to give you news about my dead box.

Tronsmart answered me on their forum : I made several test for them and their conclusion is that I should send it back to my re-seller.
    Geekbuying answered me too (after maybe 24h, that's good ) and now they ask me to send back the box. Thy will send me a new replacement once they get the return item

I'm in France and postal cost are really huge : 24€ ~26US$ And I'm so sad because it will last very long before having a new unit...

My only hope is that Tronsmart knows why this happenned to me and Clarkss, and I hope they corrected the root cause...

On the Tronsmart forum, I sent a PM to Tronsmart, asking them to take care of you for a good customer service act. I sent you a PM in the Tronsmart forum a copy of what I sent them. Perhaps, if we all express our thoughts to Tronsmart and Geekbuying they will do what is best for the customer and their customer service. They did a great service for me, and I hope they keep it up.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

On the Tronsmart forum, I sent a PM to Tronsmart, asking them to take care of you for a good customer service act. I sent you a PM in the Tronsmart forum a copy of what I sent them. Perhaps, if we all express our thoughts to Tronsmart and Geekbuying they will do what is best for the customer and their customer service. They did a great service for me, and I hope they keep it up.

Will they have received your dead box by now, as it does seem a problem that they need to get on top of quickly, especially if there is any kind of fundamental problem likely to affect many more?
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Will they have received your dead box by now, as it does seem a problem that they need to get on top of quickly, especially if there is any kind of fundamental problem likely to affect many more?
        I asked them a couple of days ago, about what they have found that killed my box. They PM'd me back that they have not received the box from the person in the US that I shipped the box to.

Anyway, here is a new video I made showing a proof of concept of Windows Media Center running on this box.

This is a proof of concept of Windows Media Center running on Windows 10 using a micro PC, the Tronsmart Ara X5, with the latest Intel Atom CPU. This micro ...

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

A little Kodi space saving feature if you find yourself running out of disk space on the C: partition and have used other methods, such as moving data folders to external drives.

As you probably know, Kodi can take up a lot of space , especially if you have a lot of addons and data.

I was starting to run out of space and have a decent USB 3.0 flash drive permanently attached to the USB 3,0 port (use a fast drive for best results)

I then carried out the following to move the Kodi data to the flash drive and create a symbolic link such that when Kodi starts, it always looks for the data on the flash drive.

Create a folder on the destination drive/partition x:\Kodi
          Rename the C:\Users\your_name\Appdata\Roaming\Kodi folder to Kodi.old
          Open a command line as administrator and use the command:
          mklink /D C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi x:\Kodi
          Move the contents of Kodi.old folder to its new location (x:\Kodi)
          Delete the Kodi.old folder
          Run Kodi to check that all has worked

(Replace x:\ with your chosen assigned drive/partition letter)
          (Replace your_name with your own user name)

Comment

Thanks for that information.

Comment

bluesmanuk That is good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Another tip on Windows 10

If you have issue with some apps in full screen, like not having the full picture: (I had this on emulator apps)
                - Right Clic on the Shortcut of the app, and then "Properties"
                - In the Compatibility tab, check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Comment

Originally posted by Myst3r View Post
                  Another tip on Windows 10

If you have issue with some apps in full screen, like not having the full picture: (I had this on emulator apps)
                  - Right Clic on the Shortcut of the app, and then "Properties"
                  - In the Compatibility tab, check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Another good tip, thanks

Comment

Is it being assigned a MAC address?
                    yes and no.
                    just did an ipconfig:

*deleted my ipconfig data for privacy reasons*

no idea what normal is.
                    the address with the 00.00 etc doesnt look normal to me.

changed the cable.. same issue
                    wifi sometimes works, but not good enough to browse the internet, pages don't load.. or take ten minutes to load.
                    most of the times it doesnt load.
                    had to use a usb stick to transfer the ipconfig data because i couldnt even open freaktab.com

any ideas?
                    Last edited by Eclecticon; 11-03-2015, 22:00.

Comment

Try this utility and see if you can create a Mac address for the ethernet port

Technitium MAC Address Changer (TMAC) is a freeware utility to instantly change or spoof MAC Address of any network card (NIC).

Comment

Thanks!
                        Will try asap.

Comment

You wizzard you..
                          Connected!
                          Will reinstall everything and do some tests.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Try this utility and see if you can create a Mac address for the ethernet port

Technitium MAC Address Changer (TMAC) is a freeware utility to instantly change or spoof MAC Address of any network card (NIC).

Better put that in the windows useful lot of windows programs
                            Cheers

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Excellent news and that is a good idea Trebor.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I've no idea what may have caused this. Will install some antivirus sw now. Everything works fine

Comment

Working...
                                X