Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I would like to ask which graphics driver can I use for Windows 8.1?

Did any one install Android on X5? Is there any good tutorial?

Thanks all for help!

Comment

Originally posted by urkrajnc View Post
      Hello!

I would like to ask which graphics driver can I use for Windows 8.1?

Did any one install Android on X5? Is there any good tutorial?

Thanks all for help!

You could try and see if the graphics driver posted by Tronsmart will work in 8.1

I would imagine that if you are installing 8.1 that would might need a new Windows authentication key but not entirely sure if the hard coded one for 10 will allow activation with 8.1

I guess you can only try and see, knowing that if it doesn't work you can simply re-install 10 from an ISO, or carry out an image backup beforehand.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Plex on ara x5 works ;-)

Comment

Has anyone tested PCSX2 & Dolphin on this? How did it run?

Comment

Also, has anyone been able to dual boot this with Android?

Comment

Originally posted by threehappypenguins View Post

There is no fully functioning Android yet.

I've tried a few variants of X86 Android but they all lack the necessary drivers for some of the hardware.

It would seem from what Tronsmart say that Intel has yet to provide any driver support to enable Android to function fully.

Comment

What player do you guys use for playing local ext ssd mp3's?
                On the laptop I use Spotify local files but the fontsize etc is too small to read from the sofa.

Comment

I got my Tronsmart ara x5 yesterday with Windows 10 pre installed. And now I'm getting this blue screen death "machine check exception". Twice when I'm watching streamed content with Kodi latest beta 4 Jarvis.

Comment

I sent this to Geekbuying and still got no answer. What do you think my problem is? Is the unit a DOA?

"I got the Tronsmart Ara x5 a couple of days ago and I cant get it to work properly. It is updated with the latest Windows 10. It is two problems I have. First is that the wi-fi is not working at all. The second is that its constantly rebooting with that blue screen with that sad smiley: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.
                    I can bearly start the Tronsmart without the reboot. I closed the Broadcom wi-fi in Device manager.
                    I tried to install the BIOS at your Tronsmart Forum page "http://www.tronsmart.com/?cat=155" but the instructions where not correct so I couldn´t figure out how to do that.

What shall I do now?"

Comment

Originally posted by marcuspresident View Post
                      I sent this to Geekbuying and still got no answer. What do you think my problem is? Is the unit a DOA?

"I got the Tronsmart Ara x5 a couple of days ago and I cant get it to work properly. It is updated with the latest Windows 10. It is two problems I have. First is that the wi-fi is not working at all. The second is that its constantly rebooting with that blue screen with that sad smiley: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.
                      I can bearly start the Tronsmart without the reboot. I closed the Broadcom wi-fi in Device manager.
                      I tried to install the BIOS at your Tronsmart Forum page "http://www.tronsmart.com/?cat=155" but the instructions where not correct so I couldn´t figure out how to do that.

What shall I do now?"
                      HI

Sorry to hear your problem. I just know the blue screen problem is a intel bios problem. tronsmart should have a new bios to solve this. I will contact them, and send you the new bios file.

It's night here, so please wait tomorrow for my private message with new bios download link.

Thanks for your patience.

Eric
                      Looking for developers
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

HI

Sorry to hear your problem. I just know the blue screen problem is a intel bios problem. tronsmart should have a new bios to solve this. I will contact them, and send you the new bios file.

It's night here, so please wait tomorrow for my private message with new bios download link.

Thanks for your patience.

Eric
                        Yes of course. I´m not so good with Windows so can you just show me how to do the BIOS update?!
                        And the none functioning Wi-fi then?

I´ve just sent back a coule of months ago an broken Tronsmart Orion to you with broken USB and the shipping cost on that. And on the Ara x5 I took TNT and that cost me taxes for 25$. So I´m not so keen on returning this Ara x5...

Comment

Originally posted by threehappypenguins View Post
                          any one? i'd also like to know this

Comment

Originally posted by marcuspresident View Post
                            Yes of course. I´m not so good with Windows so can you just show me how to do the BIOS update?!
                            And the none functioning Wi-fi then?

I´ve just sent back a coule of months ago an broken Tronsmart Orion to you with broken USB and the shipping cost on that. And on the Ara x5 I took TNT and that cost me taxes for 25$. So I´m not so keen on returning this Ara x5...

There is a video showing how to update the BIOS here

Comment

Still loving this device!

Comment

Originally posted by Eclecticon View Post
                                Still loving this device!
                                Same here!!!!!
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X