Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTJOOOWW gives 20 dollar discount.

Comment

Here is my big and unbiassed review of Tronsmart Ara X5 - http://www.ixbt.com/blogs/preview/tr...nyh-nogah.html . It is in Russian, but may use Google Translate to read it and view screenshots. In short you need to skip that box and wait for a new one with Atom x5 or Atom x7.
      Я одним глазом слежу за рынком мини-ПК/приставок/«ТВ-коробочек», просто фанат маленьких Windows-коробочек с пассивным охлаждением. Бум на рынке произошел чуть меньше

Comment

Good review, and yes can agree. Faster memory would be great.
        For the area its in, it's pretty good.
        There will always be a better one just around the corner.
        Ideal Mini PC even tho it has limits,

New Nuc's will be the go Ram and SSD easy.
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
          Here is my big and unbiassed review of Tronsmart Ara X5 - http://www.ixbt.com/blogs/preview/tr...nyh-nogah.html . It is in Russian, but may use Google Translate to read it and view screenshots. In short you need to skip that box and wait for a new one with Atom x5 or Atom x7.
          Thanks for that review.

I really like this part.
          "On the one hand the new SoC with a faster GPU, powerful VPU and CPU, which is slightly weaker than its predecessor. Mini PC is ready for an era of 4K HEVC. On the other hand, we are absolutely incompetent implementation of the mini-PC from Tronsmart with poor cooling system and slow flash memory. This mini-PC with its problems have to get round and wait for better decisions on Atom x5 and x7. I certainly will mail a link to the survey in Tronsmart."
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post

Thanks for your review.

As far as temperatures go though, mine has never gone beyond 69 degrees even under the heaviest of loads and it's in an enclosed TV cabinet too.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              As far as temperatures go though, mine has never gone beyond 69 degrees even under the heaviest of loads and it's in an enclosed TV cabinet too.
              Please, run AIDA64 stress test (all tests checked, except disk) and show us your 69 ºC.

Comment

I ran it again for 15 minutes but this time not from a cold boot but after 12 hours of continual use.

It got up to 82C and within 20 seconds of stopping the test it was down to 67C and after a minute down to 63C, 2 minutes 61C, 3 minutes 59C, 4 minutes 56C, 5 minutes 54C, 6 minutes 52C.

Not bad at all really.

Stressing the machine like Aida does is also not something that is going to happen very often at all and nobody in their right minds would even want to consider playing a serious top end game on a box such as this.

The issue with vents is all too common and I would say that although side vents would always help, vents in the top of any box would be even better, cat at an angle to reduce dust intake.

Faster EMMC would probably benefit based on the comparison with the Pipo X7, which by all accounts had rather more serious heat dissipation issues and very few people are going to want to spend$7 and a 10-minute children's work, so hopefully most vendors will be getting the message about getting it right first time.

The key use for most with any of these boxes is video playback and with Kodi delivering on all fronts that it is capable of, it's a cracking little box that shall remain my main player for a while yet unless things are perfected with Android.

I am looking forward to seeing boxes based upon the higher end X5 and X7 SOC's with GB Lan, WiFi AC, 64Gb storage and maybe even 4Gb RAM, although cost may well become an issue for many if they start to get towards ready to use NUC prices.

I'm going to see how Linux performs next.

Comment

In my experience with the x5 so far benchmark comparisons between the x5 and z64 have yielded some very surprising results in terms of ram and HDD speeds, wifi speeds. Overall the x5 is slower in a lot of different areas land the 14nm process hasnt really helped either with keeping it cooler but they did a damn good job on its design / packaging.

Comment

anyone tried streaming bt sport site on this?

i get almost 100% cpu usage which cant be right for flash content

Comment

Hello all,

Just to inform you that geekbuying seems to have difficulties to provision this box. I ordered it last week and still nothing shipped. I wrote them a mail and they answered me to be patient a few days more, they will have it next week.

So if you want this box, you'll have to be patient...

Comment

I have the same issue. Payment confirmed, no further updates. It will be ok I guess.

Comment

I look forward to hearing about your experiences when you do receive them.

I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Myst3r View Post
                            Hello all,

Just to inform you that geekbuying seems to have difficulties to provision this box. I ordered it last week and still nothing shipped. I wrote them a mail and they answered me to be patient a few days more, they will have it next week.

So if you want this box, you'll have to be patient...

Originally posted by Eclecticon View Post
                            I have the same issue. Payment confirmed, no further updates. It will be ok I guess.

We have got the new stock for ara x5 ,and your order will be fulfilled very soon. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the delay.

Eric

Looking for developers
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post

Which BT SPORT site are you trying? show with us, we will test, and report to them.

thanks
                              Looking for developers
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post

Is this the new BT 4k service?

Welcome to TNT Sports. Activate discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports) and enjoy all your favourite TNT Sports moments. We’re at the heart of sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X