Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low video performance on mk908 (jitters and stutter on HD videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this problem happen with videos from sd card or just online videos?
    Does de CX 919 have this problem as well?
    Did anybody using the original HDMI cable with no adapters?

Comment

[QUOTI =gstkein;73065]Does this problem happen with videos from sd card or just online videos?
      Did anybody using the original HDMI cable with no adapters?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have the CX919 and it stutters. I only use the original cables. I've tried it with XBMC and YouTube but not videos from the Sd card.

Comment

Originally posted by gstkein View Post
        All HD (with high bps) videos has problems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gstkein View Post
          I used the original HDMI cable. I tried running the content via network and USB3.0 stick with 280MB/s read speed.. Neither had any difference on the jittering or low fps.

Tested with 720p, 1080p, 50HZ & 60Hz modes.

As others have stated before, moving the mouse does improve video rendering considerably.
          Last edited by Anvi; 06-14-2013, 23:17.

Comment

SD card...

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
            [QUOTI =gstkein;73065]Does this problem happen with videos from sd card or just online videos?
            To

Yes, I have the CX919 and it stutters. I only use the original cables. I've tried it with XBMC and YouTube but not videos from the Sd card.[/QUOTE]

I have tried with 32 GB Samsung x10 micro sd card and 1080p mkv file and it does not play smoothly and it REALLY irritates me :-) I bought the stick for watching videos. I have tried with all players I could find and same stutter/chopping "quick" stop motion :-D

I think it is good with plex media player, but haven't tested it extensively. But it is just not a solution I want to rely on.

As everyone else, I really hope there is a fix for this.

Comment

Originally posted by azz View Post
              I think it is good with plex media player, but haven't tested it extensively. But it is just not a solution I want to rely on.
              Unfortunately, Plex works bad. Video is unwatchable.

Comment

I too have also tried over wifi, usb and different players to find the video playback has issues compared to my MX1 that was smooth. Hope it can be fixed wit software

Comment

Really frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
                    Really frustrating...
                    Frustrating can't quite cover it :-)

Does anyone know of a stick that plays 1080p mkv files 100% fluently? If they even exist? The T428 is my first stick, I would like to stick with it, no pony intended :-!

Comment

Originally posted by azz View Post
                      Frustrating can't quite cover it :-)

Does anyone know of a stick that plays 1080p mkv files 100% fluently? If they even exist? The T428 is my first stick, I would like to stick with it, no pony intended :-!
                      EVERY SINGLE currently released rk3188 device - tablets, phones, set top box, dongles etc. Has issues with video playback using hardware decoding - BUT, the t428 is more then capable enough of decoding with software only (which you might want to try). It is still undetermined if it is a hardware issue within the rk3188 soc, or fixable by software. It will probably be a little while before it all gets fully sorted. But if you need solid performance now stick to rk3066 like mk808 and neo x5.

Comment

Wow.

I guess it's more pervasive than just this model or that brand.

Personally my standby is my Imito MX1.

I don't have a 1080 TV, so I'm cool with 720 ROM.

My neo X5 is buggy. I agree that any dual core 3066 model is more stable simply because they've been out longer and have had more of their bugs worked out.

I seriously hope in time the quad core units get up to speed too.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                          EVERY SINGLE currently released rk3188 device - tablets, phones, set top box, dongles etc. Has issues with video playback using hardware decoding - BUT, the t428 is more then capable enough of decoding with software only (which you might want to try). It is still undetermined if it is a hardware issue within the rk3188 soc, or fixable by software. It will probably be a little while before it all gets fully sorted. But if you need solid performance now stick to rk3066 like mk808 and neo x5.
                          Thank you very much for your answer alwaysbless <333

Could you please explain what you mean by software? Do you mean other apps or streaming software from a pc?

I have tried plex media server, but it doesn't seem 100% solid. I have also tried all the best apps players, but all has flaws playing flawlessly. I am happy I have my good old popcorn c200 :-) I would love for the T428 to work well when I'm on the go, the c200 is quite the tank :-)

Comment

I ordered Zotac ZBOX nano AD12 (AMD E2-1800 APU) to handle my HTPC needs.. It will probably be a while before this video issue is fixed and even longer that we get H/W XBMC support..

Comment

AW: Low video performance on mk908 (jitters and stutter on HD videos)

Yes may your right. But I think we are some Beta Testers. The Sticks are not long on the Market give them some Time and all will be OK.

I think Android for these Sticks needs optimation too.

It is some time make with a hot needle.

Neomode FreakTab Dev.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                                The T428, at least, has issues with video playback, period.

I have tested with multiple video players (Default, XBMC, MX, BS) using s/w and h/w decoding options and the stutter is identically present in each. My favourite test pieces are the fast vertically scrolling end credits of Chuggington cartoons. The difference between the scrolling smoothess compared to when the mouse cursor is moved and when not is astounding. This is also visible in the Chuggington episodes found in YouTube.
                                NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                                NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                                Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                                X