Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having issues using the tools provided to install the 3.1.1 firmware. Might anyone be able to provide a better or more detailed set of instructions upon how to flash this firmware using the tool?

For example, under 2b it wants me to click "Run" before I even connect the power cable to the box. that does not make sense to me.

Another example, it that the instructions never say to power on the unit under step #3.

How do I get it into a mode where I can use the flash tool 1.3.9 to flash the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by tekno4ever View Post
      I am having issues using the tools provided to install the 3.1.1 firmware. Might anyone be able to provide a better or more detailed set of instructions upon how to flash this firmware using the tool?

For example, under 2b it wants me to click "Run" before I even connect the power cable to the box. that does not make sense to me.

Another example, it that the instructions never say to power on the unit under step #3.
      The way i did it, is connect it with the mini usb to an usb 2.0 port(usb 3.0 didn't work with me) Plug the power adapter, load the firmware. Then click on the Run button. Then hold the reset button and turn the device on. Then it starts to flash the firmware.

Comment

Clicking run is just allowing the tool to be ready to flash as soon as a suitable connection is established.

You can click it after getting into bootloader mode if you want.

Put your toothpick or other device in to press the reset button and then press the power on button to get to bootloader mode.

It can be a little hit and miss as sometimes I have to keep the reset button held for a second or two but if the timing is out then it will start into normal boot mode, at which time I just pull the plug and try again.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by blackadder View Post

The way i did it, is connect it with the mini usb to an usb 2.0 port(usb 3.0 didn't work with me) Plug the power adapter, load the firmware. Then click on the Run button. Then hold the reset button and turn the device on. Then it starts to flash the firmware.
          ok, I only have a laptop with USB 3.0 ports. I wonder if that is my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Clicking run is just allowing the tool to be ready to flash as soon as a suitable connection is established.

You can click it after getting into bootloader mode if you want.

Put your toothpick or other device in to press the reset button and then press the power on button to get to bootloader mode.

It can be a little hit and miss as sometimes I have to keep the reset button held for a second or two but if the timing is out then it will start into normal boot mode, at which time I just pull the plug and try again.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

I do have it working with a USB 3 port but I can't use any form of ADB connection unless it is connected to a USB 2, so it may be possible that on some USB 3 ports there could potentially be issues.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Example of the backwards slash.png
Views:	0
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	519898 Click image for larger version

Name:	No Audio on Video Players except Kodi.png
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	519899 Click image for larger version

Name:	FSGO App Fox Sports App not streaming video.png
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	519900

I do have it working with a USB 3 port but I can't use any form of ADB connection unless it is connected to a USB 2, so it may be possible that on some USB 3 ports there could potentially be issues.

Thanks for the help guys. I forgot my media server is USB 2.0 so I used it and got the wasser firmware installed. the instructions provided are a bit out of order. Section or #4 should be Step 1 as I had to install the drivers to make sure my media center recognized the Tronsmart device. My personal laptop recognized it without installing any drivers.

After getting my apps installed and everything configured I've started to notice several issues.

1. The FSGO app (Fox Sports Go app) will not play live video streams from my cable provider even though my cell phone and tablet on the same Wi-Fi network will just fine. I use FSGO to watch UFC Fights and its the sole reason I purchased this box. Watch ESPN works so if this does not work I dont know what I am going to do. Everything worked just fine on the stock firmware.

2. The no video player other than Kodi will play the audio of a video. They all show the video, just not the audio with the exception of KODI. As before everything worked just fine on the stock firmware.

3. Everytime I start typing into a new text box a "" is inserted before the first letter I type. Not to be a broken record by this did not happen on the stock firmware.

4. Kodi stutters on 720p video playback and its worse on 1080p

I've attached screenshots for review/clarification.

Last edited by tekno4ever; 08-20-2015, 02:00.

Comment

I don't have the issue of the "" being generated when I type into a text box. What controller are you using to interface when typing?

Could it be that FSGO will only work on non rooted devices as many streaming vendors now do try to block playback on rooted devices?

Are you using the latest Wasser Kodi and what videos do you find that stutter as if you have samples that can be downloaded from the net I can see if I can replicate the same issues?
                  What audio output are you using when playing the videos in Kodi?

Comment

I updated the latest ROM having issues with Kodi & Netflix videos...Initially the videos loads for a sec then freezes i can only hear audio..If i stop it and play again same issue.I have meta version box.

Comment

I don't have the issue of the "" being generated when I type into a text box. What controller are you using to interface when typing?

Could it be that FSGO will only work on non rooted devices as many streaming vendors now do try to block playback on rooted devices?

Are you using the latest Wasser Kodi and what videos do you find that stutter as if you have samples that can be downloaded from the net I can see if I can replicate the same issues?
                      What audio output are you using when playing the videos in Kodi?

Thanks for the reply.

I am using a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse that before installing the wasser ROM worked without a hitch with the RK3368 box.

My cell phone and tablet are both rooted and running custom ROM's and each plays FSGo just fine.

Yes, i am using the provided Kodi APK from wasser. It stutters on 720p mkv files. I am using an HDMI cable from the tronsmart device to my TV. The stutter when playing video files seems to be random as I can't reproduce the stutter at the exact same second of any particular video file each time.

I don't care for Kodi as its to cumbersome to play/pause movies let alone exit from playing a video file. If I want to exit from watching any particular video, you first must hit Stop, then Power Off, then you must click Exit. Why in the world would l need 3 clicks to exit a file when the stock "Video Player" allows you to right click and exit from playing video with a single click?

I would much rather have the stock "Video Player" at the bottom of the previously attached screenshot to play both the audio and video of my TV shows.

Update: In an effort to troubleshoot, I went into Settings then into Personal and click on Backup / Reset and reset back to the base Wasser firmware but has not fixed a single issue mentioned above. I am going to re download and reinstall the firmware to see if that fixes things. I'll report back once completed.

Update #2 Looks like Tronsmart released new ROOTED firmware just today providing several fixes!
                      Here is the change logs:
                      1. Fixed no video stream of netflix.
                      2. Exchange media gallery to ffmpeg.so, Optimized 4k/iso/dolby&dts
                      3. Rooted.
                      4. Fixed crash when plug/unplug OTG cable.

New Firmware Link:
                      http://www.tronsmart.com/?p=3521
                      Last edited by tekno4ever; 08-20-2015, 21:12.

Comment

Thanks Tekno4ever i have updated Tronsmart firmware Netflix & Kodi loads without any issues..Not sure why i had issues with current Wasser firmware previous version of his i didn't have any problems

Comment

Found a little oddity.

When I connect the R68 to my PC as an MTP device to copy files across to an attached USB flash drive, the USB Storage 0 section in windows explorer reports the total disk space as 999Mb.

Opening up further to see the udisk0 part, this shows the correct size and space available.

But when I try to copy files across, 999Mb is the maximum that it will allow before informing me that there is not enough space available beyond that size.

Comment

Pulsar doesn't work. He ask to restart each time i trying to use it. I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall it but nothing helps. Can someone please help me?
                            Thanks

Comment

After flashing the newest Rooted Stock Firmware from Tronsmart (New Firmware Link: http://www.tronsmart.com/?p=3521) all of my previous issues mentioned above are gone meaning everything now works as it should.

Comment

I have just flashed the newest rooted stock firmware to try, modifying only the parameter file to give me unified storage space and instantly found an issue.

Watching a program through iPlayer and where the taskbar would be, there is constant flashing across the bottom of the screen regardless of whether it is hidden or not.

There is also a continual sound issue where every minute or two the sound would stutter for a second or so, sounding like the effect of the Max Headroom character.

SPDIF is not working at all either.

Comment

Working...
                                X