Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by retlif View Post
    Any idea how to solve the Wifi boot loop?
    What WiFi bootloop? How do you know it's WiFi if it's in the boot sequence. Can you ADB and get dmesg and logcat?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
      What WiFi bootloop? How do you know it's WiFi if it's in the boot sequence. Can you ADB and get dmesg and logcat?

After flashing the firmware, it booted up fine.
      Once I turned on the Wifi switch, it hung for a couple of minutes.
      Then it restarts itself and went into a bootloop.

The firmware upgrade is done using the default setting. IDB cleared before flashing. No SD card.

Comment

I think you have a clone then. Otherwise try a different USB cable, different PSU, and maybe reflash.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Cant seem to get drivers installed

Hello guys. i just got the sainsmart ss808/mk808 version device today. been reading alot from this forum and i thought i had everything understood. i connected my device to the pc via the otg port and the pc detects it with no hassle and the RKBtach tool writes "Found RKAndroid MASS Storage USB"
          . but when i try rebooting to flashmode it says "DEVICE CANNOT DO FLASHMODE BECAUSE OF NO DRIVE". ( even when i turn on storage on the device). so i tried using the alternate tool, it did reboot to flash mode and the screen went blank. but when i tried installing the driver it did not install. i thought it could be because i was using a windows 8.1, so i tried it on the on a windows 7, still it was the same. even tried the manual way to but stilll drivers could not install. please finless HElp!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by werlay View Post
            Hello guys. i just got the sainsmart ss808/mk808 version device today. been reading alot from this forum and i thought i had everything understood. i connected my device to the pc via the otg port and the pc detects it with no hassle and the RKBtach tool writes "Found RKAndroid MASS Storage USB"
            . but when i try rebooting to flashmode it says "DEVICE CANNOT DO FLASHMODE BECAUSE OF NO DRIVE". ( even when i turn on storage on the device). so i tried using the alternate tool, it did reboot to flash mode and the screen went blank. but when i tried installing the driver it did not install. i thought it could be because i was using a windows 8.1, so i tried it on the on a windows 7, still it was the same. even tried the manual way to but stilll drivers could not install. please finless HElp!!!!!!!
            Hi guys: I have met a lot of customers complaint, the computer can’t find their tv sticks or tv box, or they can’t install the usb drivers on their windows PC. Now rockchip just release a new drivers auto-installation tools to solve all of the things: It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8. […]
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

still dosent work

but why is the rkbatchtool given the "DEVICE CANNOT DO FLASHMODE BECAUSE OF NO DRIVE" error. any ideas?

Comment

1080 problems

Hi

the 720kernel+boot720 works fine for me.
                But I have some troubles with 1080 kernel+boot1080.
                - the icons/mainscreen in 1080 mode are to small, so I can't use it on tv. but with kernel1080+boot1080 the icons should have the same size as 720kernel+boot720, isn't?
                - the performance of 1080kernel seems very low?

thanks for help/feedback.

Damian

Comment

You have to adjust screen dpi setting.
                  In the /system/build.prop file you can find something like screen dpi=160. You can edit it to 240 for example. Soryy, I don't know the exact phrase, but there is not many dpi settings in the build.prop file.

Comment

Originally posted by vlevi View Post
                    You have to adjust screen dpi setting.
                    In the /system/build.prop file you can find something like screen dpi=160. You can edit it to 240 for example. Soryy, I don't know the exact phrase, but there is not many dpi settings in the build.prop file.
                    search for Density
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                      search for Density
                      yes, that works (density 240 looks good)

Comment

still have netflix problem

hi, i switched to 4.2.2 finless 2.1 no problem, but netflix video is scrambled. any word from netflix on a fix? should i switch to 4.1.1 finless 1.7? does that fix the problem? there is a site called vondroid that has a version of 4.2.2 that claims it has netflix working properly. has anyone tried it? thanks and hope someone has time to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by fixmyflix View Post
                          hi, i switched to 4.2.2 finless 2.1 no problem, but netflix video is scrambled. any word from netflix on a fix? should i switch to 4.1.1 finless 1.7? does that fix the problem? there is a site called vondroid that has a version of 4.2.2 that claims it has netflix working properly. has anyone tried it? thanks and hope someone has time to answer.
                          Hello! None have a real solution from the netflix scrambled problem... I've had to switch to stock 4.2.2 to use Netflix... it's a shame....

Comment

adding apps to Grid style launcher

Hi,

I'm sorry for asking an apparently obvious thing...
                            I really like the grid style launcher, but I can't seem to figure out how to put a shortcut to xbmc and my gscript script on it, is that not possible? I don't really need the video and music shortcuts and can't seem to remove them either...

Sorry for this and thanks for the wonderful ROM!

Comment

USB WiFi dongle drivers

Hi. My internal WiFi is broken so I need to get this rom working with a WiFi dongle. I would use a USB to Ethernet but it's for a different room in the house.

I have a edimax dongle based on the 8192 chip set. I've tried the WiFi module from an older finless and it worked but now doesn't. Does anyone have a working module and could you let me know which chip set it is so I can buy one with the same chip set? I'm in the UK so if anyone in the UK can tell me where they got the dongle from and provide me with the module I'd be grateful.

This rom is ace but I'm sort of screwed without a working USB WiFi dongle.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can the 2dark4u kernels be used with this rom?

I'm quite out of the loop since my MK808 has been gathering dust for about 2 years.
                                One of the 2dark4u kernels really helped with wifi signal.

Comment

Working...
                                X