MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hdmi screen all messed up

I installed finless Rom 2.1 but when I plug it to my TV the screen is jiggly and messed up.
    I tried both 720 and 1080 versions.
    I thought my HDMI cable was damaged so I bought a new one. Same problem

I went back to finless Rom 1.7 and everything worked fine?

Any ideas how to make 2.1 work?

Comment

Originally posted by j1miroquai View Post
      I installed finless Rom 2.1 but when I plug it to my TV the screen is jiggly and messed up.
      I tried both 720 and 1080 versions.
      I thought my HDMI cable was damaged so I bought a new one. Same problem

I went back to finless Rom 1.7 and everything worked fine?

Any ideas how to make 2.1 work?
      Yeah, that happened to me, too, but only on certain streaming apps. Your problem could be unrelated to mine, but my understanding back when I tried the same thing a year or two ago is that Jellybean 4.2 is very picky about what devices will work for HDMI (they need to support HDCP), and JB 4.1 is not as picky. Hence Finless 2.x gets the fuzzy screen because it's based on 4.2, and Finless 1.7 doesn't because it is based on 4.1.

Rather than buy a new TV, I recommend sticking with Finless 1.7. There is nothing particularly special about Finless 2.1 compared to 1.7.

Comment

MK808 v2.1

For anyone with internal WiFi startup issues, make sure you installed the proper ROM for your device. I forgot my device was actually an MK808B and was installing the MK808 ROM. Everything worked fine except the WiFi wouldn't turn on.

Does anyone know what happened to the "auto hide" status bar feature that was in v1.7 in the Settings > Display page? I don't see it on v2.1

Comment

Originally posted by PsuFan View Post
          Does anyone know what happened to the "auto hide" status bar feature that was in v1.7 in the Settings > Display page? I don't see it on v2.1
          It was never implemented in an Android 4.2 rom.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not up to speed on Android. It wasn't implemented on whatever Android version finless 1.7 is on, was it? Didn't Finless "add" the feature himself to that ROM? Or did he just enable the setting.

Is there another way to achieve this? A rooted app / setting? I am using it for a cheap digital sign. I use an app called App Rotator that starts Firefox on boot but I need it to go fullscreen.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not up to speed on Android. It wasn't implemented on whatever Android version finless 1.7 is on, was it? Didn't Finless "add" the feature himself to that ROM? Or did he just enable the setting.

Is there another way to achieve this? A rooted app / setting? I am using it for a cheap digital sign. I use an app called App Rotator that starts Firefox on boot but I need it to go fullscreen.
              Finless 1.7 is Android 4.1. If i recall correctly, finless ported the feature from a rom from another device. Try the app "Full!screen" from Play store. I think that was the one i used to hide the systembar back then.

Comment

I see, that makes sense. I'll give Full!screen a shot, thanks for your help!

Comment

So in my wisdom I flashed this rom onto a Egreat U1 Rk3066 tv box (CX-818 based device) . Roms great except now there is no ethernet. Tried loads of CX-818 stock and custom roms but they give me ethernet and no wifi. Even the official U1 firmware I have found as I did not backup my original rom.I have no desire to open this box Any ideas on a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                    So in my wisdom I flashed this rom onto a Egreat U1 Rk3066 tv box (CX-818 based device) . Roms great except now there is no ethernet. Tried loads of CX-818 stock and custom roms but they give me ethernet and no wifi. Even the official U1 firmware I have found as I did not backup my original rom.I have no desire to open this box Any ideas on a fix?
                    After reading the identifying MK808 sticks and seeing all the different WiFi hardware, I would say you probably still haven't found the proper Rom for your hardware.

Comment

After reading the identifying MK808 sticks and seeing all the different WiFi hardware, I would say you probably still haven't found the proper Rom for your hardware.
                      I agree. Problem is even the branded stock roms I have downloaded and installed leave me without wifi. Weird. I dont get how Mk808 firmware gives me wifi but no ethernet but Egreat U1 stock rom plus all the other cx-818 roms give me ethernet no wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                        I agree. Problem is even the branded stock roms I have downloaded and installed leave me without wifi. Weird. I dont get how Mk808 firmware gives me wifi but no ethernet but Egreat U1 stock rom plus all the other cx-818 roms give me ethernet no wifi.
                        At least you know the hardware works. And do you really need both WiFi and Ethernet? Typically I would only need one or the other for my setups. But you know the problem is the Roms, and there should be one that gives you access to everything.

Comment

Its because Wifi and ethernet still work that I am looking for a solution. 4 more Roms to download and try before I quit. Need a kernel that fixes it so wifi and ethernet work....

Comment

At least you know the hardware works. And do you really need both WiFi and Ethernet? Typically I would only need one or the other for my setups. But you know the problem is the Roms, and there should be one that gives you access to everything.
                            Success!!! Although its not mentioned in the manual this is the CX-818 with bluetooth chip with bluetooth. After 40 flashes found cx-818b-3066-v4-29130917 . Wifi and Ethernet working. Now to extract the kernel ....

Comment

link is down?!

Comment

Help

Please Help.
                                I have MK808 (Non-B)
                                And I used the ROM from the first post: "MK808 Finless 2.1 ROM"

I have 2 open issues after install this ROM.

1) I still don't have 1080p option in Screen, even I chose Boot&kerenl of 1080.
                                I still only have: 1280x720p-60, 720x480p-60
                                Why is that?

2) The WIFI suddenly not connecting with this ROM.
                                Why is that?

Hope you have answers for me.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X