Amlogic S905 MXQ Pro Android 5.1 Lollipop TV Box Quad Core 2.0GHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vulture View Post
    Can't really help you, but how do I root the Mxq Pro 4K? Easiest way preferably. I am an android noob. Thanks in advance.
    I have an rooted firmware, i can send you?

Comment

yes. share it please

Comment

Comment

thanks. Have you MXQ Pro 4K? I cannot flash this firmware with usb burning tool. Error - Get key failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamik View Post
            It tells me that there is no root strategy availble right now for the Mxq Pro (4k)

Comment

Originally posted by Kamik View Post
              It tells me that there is no root strategy availble right now for the Mxq Pro (4k)

Comment

I rooted with the below package, just flash the zip from a USB (did not work from SD for me)

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

I used the wifi adb method which is described here: http://androidpc.es/blog/2016/01/29/root-amlogic-s905/
                  Google Translate helped me

Comment

firmware for MXQ Pro 4K box. Thanks Kerber for fix.
                    flash with USB burning tool (no "get key failed" error). Remote - ok.

http://amlinuxmedia.com/forum/index.....msg191#msg191
                    Last edited by Kamik; 02-06-2016, 13:55.

Comment

I have this box and it came rooted. If I do a factory reset thru android settings, will I still have root? What is the best firmware for this box?

Comment

I have this box too and there are a number of audio and visual problems with it. When you play video files they won't go full screen, and are cramped into the top left quarter of the TV. The only way to correct this is to set the screen resolution under the android settings to 720p, you can't leave it on choose optimal resolution, or 1080p. (The permissions changes described earlier just made the screen go weird for me and didn't resolve the problem.)

Also some downloaded media will not play the audio track on the internal android player- you have to try to force it to use VLC. Some of these problems may be resolved by a firmware update, using the Kerber version 3 mentioned by Kamic. However I have a Mac , and the Amlogic burn tool is Windows only.

I have read that one method of doing an upgrade of firmware, that also seems to avoid having to find a way of getting the box into recovery mode manually by trying to find a switch that doesn't seem to exist, is to unpack all the files in the .rar versions of the new firmware, so you have a big zip file, a boot.img file and a few others, then put these on a USB stick, put this in the box and then go to the Update app in the Android settings. Instead of choosing OTA update you choose manual, then select the zip file on the USB stick. Selecting upgrade then causes it to reboot in recovery mode and upgrade from the local file. Shouldn't this work?

The problem is of course that the only firmware that seems to work is an .img file. Is there any way of extracting the files that are in this to load on a USB stick and try the manual upgrade method? Grateful if anyone knows if this is possible, as it seems like you must point the updater to an actual zip file with the firmware on it for this to work.

Comment

playback through kodi for me is fine. i just read that the firmware could be updated but i just want to make sure that my box is running at the best it can. it has android native updater and update/backup on my box and it says it is up to date. im thinking a factory reset for me would let me better understand the box.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyP View Post
                            playback through kodi for me is fine. i just read that the firmware could be updated but i just want to make sure that my box is running at the best it can. it has android native updater and update/backup on my box and it says it is up to date. im thinking a factory reset for me would let me better understand the box.
                            Which firmware do you use?

Comment

I've been having issues getting Kodi to work stable on this box. I finally settled on some settings that work and don't cause the video to start stuttering wildly or simply stop after a few minutes. Make sure you are updated to the latest version of Kodi 16 from http://kodi.tv/download/

Good luck to anyone else that bought this box. Hopefully development will pick up and support will improve.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have an MXQ Pro 4K and am generally happy with it but, try as I may, I can't get it to connect to a Shared Folder on my Windows 10 Desktop.

I have connected to WiFi, Switched on DLNA, Typed in the Network info but it always fails to connect with a "Timed Out" response.

I have a WDTV box that connects to it (my shared folder) happily (not DLNA) and a Sony TV that also connects to my shared folder (in DLNA).

Anybody any secrets about DLNA they can share with me?

Like I said, I can get it to work perfectly in everything I've tried and I am very happy with it, except for connecting to my Windows Shared Folder

Comment

Working...
                                X