Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi balbes150,
    I want to learn so try to re package Initrd.
    My steps
    1. Unlock uInitrd.
    2. Modify initrd.cpio.gz
    3. initrd.cpio.gz packaged into uInitrd. (unfinished)

Can you tell me how to complete the third step?
    initrd.cpio.gz Can not be used directly.

SD Card Startup Procedure:
    fatload mmc 0 ${initrd_loadaddr} initrd.cpio.gz; (Unrecognized)
    fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} zImage;
    fatload mmc 0 ${dtb_loadaddr} gxl_p212_2g.dtb;
    run boot_start

Comment

Originally posted by kamikun View Post
      Hi guys i'm trying to u-boot my Mini m8s device from Update & Backup app but while it is updating, after 5 seconds, it shows an error. I tried with its specific version (mini m8s) and the last universal version from this link: https://yadi.sk/d/3hcN2Ysmuwexj

This is what happens:

Anyone can help me to understand what am i doing wrong?
      Download, unzip and write IMAGE to the media this way. To activate the multi-boot with its use.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Please note, you need not to copy to the media. To write the IMAGE of the special program.

Comment

Originally posted by gto View Post
        Hi balbes150,
        I want to learn so try to re package Initrd.
        My steps
        1. Unlock uInitrd.
        2. Modify initrd.cpio.gz
        3. initrd.cpio.gz packaged into uInitrd. (unfinished)

Can you tell me how to complete the third step?
        initrd.cpio.gz Can not be used directly.

SD Card Startup Procedure:
        fatload mmc 0 ${initrd_loadaddr} initrd.cpio.gz; (Unrecognized)
        fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} zImage;
        fatload mmc 0 ${dtb_loadaddr} gxl_p212_2g.dtb;
        run boot_start

After modifying initrd, it should be treated with mkimage utility. The bootloader u-boot requires its own file format. You can see the possible options of using mkimage here.

I ran "aptitude full-upgrade" today, as is my habit for keeping my packages up to date. I noticed that the initramfs-tools package was upgraded. Which is fine, but then I saw: update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-kirkwood After that, I checked /boot and saw that indeed t

You can run the command directly on the TV box mkimage -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -a 0x00000000 -e 0x00000000 -n initramfs -d /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-kirkwood /boot/uInitrd

Comment

Uploaded the new images Armbian (20161021). In these images added support for launch images stored on USB drives, on the platform S905.

Comment

I'm using Rufus to write new ubuntu armbian .img file on sd card, is it good?

Comment

You can use any convenient program. The main thing is it created the working images.

Comment

S905

Comment

Hello. I'd like boot from SD card on my MXIII K4 (S802). Does it work? I can use MXIII_111k4.img from SD card. Is it possible to use
                  update_u-boot_20160907.img.xz and v0.6\aml_autoscript ?

Thank you
                  +

Comment

For S802 need to use the activation of the multi-download from here (version for S805 - it is universal for S802\S805\S812). I don't have ready images with Linux for these chips S802\S812. I plan to collect such images and to enable chip S802\S812 in the build system Armbian soon. Images from S905 will not work on S802, it is a different architecture. You can try to assemble a working system from source to S802.

Comment

Hi balbes150,

Thank you for your help.
                      Initramfs modified successfully !

I tried to replace ROOTFS, Ubuntu 16.04 -> 14.04.
                      From the console you can use the ubuntu 14.04 system.
                      Check the boot message driver is normal, but my HDMI does not screen.
                      I want to see the boot screen of the console from HDMI. What is missing?

Thanks again for your teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                        For S802 need to use the activation of the multi-download from here (version for S805 - it is universal for S802\S805\S812). I don't have ready images with Linux for these chips S802\S812. I plan to collect such images and to enable chip S802\S812 in the build system Armbian soon. Images from S905 will not work on S802, it is a different architecture. You can try to assemble a working system from source to S802.

https://yadi.sk/d/m6P1mLUbuHcHG
                        Thank you.
                        Is it possible to use "s805_autoscript" and run from SD Card for ie: "LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-7.0-devel-20160720232236-r23239-g5a1c208.img" ? I just need any working system. because I suspect internal memory curruption. I can flash it normaly, but after few tests it's unstable. I tested about 5 images without satisfaction.

Thank you

Jiri

Comment

Originally posted by gto View Post
                          Hi balbes150,

Thank you for your help.
                          Initramfs modified successfully !

I tried to replace ROOTFS, Ubuntu 16.04 -> 14.04.
                          From the console you can use the ubuntu 14.04 system.
                          Check the boot message driver is normal, but my HDMI does not screen.
                          I want to see the boot screen of the console from HDMI. What is missing?

Thanks again for your teaching.
                          Derived from rootfs with Ubuntu 14 ? How it was formed ? There are two main reasons why may not work the display on the TV.
                          1. No need support in the core
                          2. There is no script to activate the output to the screen. Or not the utility management staff (fbset).

Comment

Originally posted by Kentril View Post

Thank you.
                            Is it possible to use "s805_autoscript" and run from SD Card for ie: "LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-7.0-devel-20160720232236-r23239-g5a1c208.img" ? I just need any working system. because I suspect internal memory curruption. I can flash it normaly, but after few tests it's unstable. I tested about 5 images without satisfaction.

Thank you

Jiri

You can try.
                            1. To activate the multi-boot
                            2. To store the image LE on the SD card
                            3. Add to first FAT partition with this script.
                            And try to start the system from this drive.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

Derived from rootfs with Ubuntu 14 ? How it was formed ? There are two main reasons why may not work the display on the TV.
                              1. No need support in the core
                              2. There is no script to activate the output to the screen. Or not the utility management staff (fbset).
                              1. No need support in the core << I use the original version you provided, but I changed ROOTFS. No change Kernel. ( Armbian_5.21_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20161018.img.x z + Ubuntu 14.04)
                              2. I do not know exactly what scripts I need, but you gave me some directions and I'll try again.

Thank you.

Comment

Add this script to the /etc directory and add its implementation to the file "rc.local".

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Working...
                                X