Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    The photo is very small, it is not possible to understand what is written there. Describe in detail what steps You have already done.
    sorry, I thought the photo was charged to the real greatness

it says:

install /sdcard/aml_autoscript.zip ...
    And: can not load volume / misc
    finding update package ...
    opening update package ...

secure check ...
    secure check complete.
    verifing update package
    E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    E: can not load volume / misc
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

Originally posted by nosmokingbandit View Post
      I hate to ask anything from you since you have done so much already, but I can't figure it out on my own. Any chance you can make an Arch image? Arch already has an image for the Odroid C2, I just don't know how to make that work on my s905.

https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/a...ogic/odroid-c2
      Image ArchLinux. The user "alarm" password "alarm", the root password is "root" . Details to watch here. There is a flaw in the way - not yet debugged process activation monitor\TV. Therefore, I recommend to start, after a reboot from an operating system (to enable console, to start the system from the internal memory, connect the media with Archlinux, choose restart). Pay attention that for correct operation you need the dtb file. By default, the system attempts to use data from dtb internal memory when in this mode the run does not occur, you need to manually copy the appropriate dtb file. My Telos is started with the file from the directory dtb marked with v2 in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrlsn View Post

sorry, I thought the photo was charged to the real greatness

it says:

install /sdcard/aml_autoscript.zip ...
        And: can not load volume / misc
        finding update package ...
        opening update package ...

secure check ...
        secure check complete.
        verifing update package
        E: footer is wrong
        E: signature verification failed
        E: can not load volume / misc
        This is a media error. What medium are You using ? What program recorded the way Armbian ?

Comment

Don't worry, I'm working on it. I hope in the near future, will ArchLinux. There are some issues that I need to solve, something that was easy to use, as other variants of Linux.
          Awesome, thanks!

Comment

This is a media error. What medium are You using ? What program recorded the way Armbian ?

This appears when I try u-boot upgrade.

I have a pro mxq 4k 1G Ram 8G rom.

Use micro sd with adapter, I copy and paste from ubuntu pc.
            which file should I use for this device, you can post the link if it is not universal u-uboot

still do not understand how to create an image of linux, when I try hddguru, later, in the windows usbstick it resulted unformatted

Comment

1. Download image
              2. Unpack the archive xz. If You are using Ubuntu on PC, then you can use the command in terminal "unxz".
              3. To write the image to the card with the command "dd" (*.img). The Internet has a lot of descriptions how to use the dd command.
              4. Insert the prepared SD card into the console and use the toothpick to activate the multi-boot.
              If there are questions - ask, I will try to answer.

Comment

1. Download image
                2. Unpack the archive xz. If You are using Ubuntu on PC, then you can use the command in terminal "unxz".
                3. To write the image to the card with the command "dd" (*.img). The Internet has a lot of descriptions how to use the dd command.
                4. Insert the prepared SD card into the console and use the toothpick to activate the multi-boot.
                If there are questions - ask, I will try to answer.
                hello, thank you for the answers.
                I do not understand, I have followed the guide to the first post of this tread.
                what you say, for the second step, but I'm stuck at the first step,
                I can not update u-boot. so I can not follow the second step.

sorry for my english, I'm Italian

Comment

Instruction is now easier.

1. Download Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20161125.img.x z
                  2. Unpack the archive (the command terminal for Ubuntu)
                  unxz Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20161125.img.x z
                  3. After You unpack the archive, write the resulting file with the command
                  dd if=Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20161125.img of=/dev/........... (mmcblkX or sdX)
                  4. to activate the multi-boot using one of the options
                  - toothpick method
                  or
                  - of using the update mode of the standard firmware
                  5. reboot

Comment

Hi balbes150
                    First of all, thank you very much for your "Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.79_de skto p_20161103.img"

I copied it to my usb and telos can boot by ubuntu
                    but "youtube playing by webbrowser" or "kodi installed by aptitude install kodi" is very slow with 4 cpu usage 100%

so i checked

root@vegas95:/dev# glmark2-es2
                    ** Failed to set swap interval. Results may be bounded above by refresh rate.
                    ================================================== =====
                    glmark2 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d
                    OpenGL Information
                    GL_VENDOR: VMware, Inc.
                    GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.8, 128 bits)
                    GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0

maybe my telos ubuntu missed mali450 GPU driver

am I missing something or should I install some drive manually ?

plz advise me and sorry for poor english I'm from korea : )
                    Last edited by obdurate; 12-09-2016, 05:07.

Comment

Originally posted by obdurate View Post
                      Hi balbes150
                      First of all, thank you very much for your "Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.79_de skto p_20161103.img"

I copied it to my usb and telos can boot by ubuntu
                      but "youtube playing by webbrowser" or "kodi installed by aptitude install kodi" is very slow with 4 cpu usage 100%

so i checked

root@vegas95:/dev# glmark2-es2
                      ** Failed to set swap interval. Results may be bounded above by refresh rate.
                      glmark2 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d
                      OpenGL Information
                      GL_VENDOR: VMware, Inc.
                      GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.8, 128 bits)
                      GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0

maybe my telos ubuntu missed mali450 GPU driver

am I missing something or should I install some drive manually ?

plz advise me and sorry for poor english I'm from korea : )
                      Try the 5.24 version of the image with the kernel 3.14.29.

Comment

Try the 5.24 version of the image with the kernel 3.14.29.
                        Thank you for your reply

where is vegas s95 5.24 version of image with the kernel 3.14.29 ?

at yandex I can see only 5.24 with kernel 3.14.79

I tried with "Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20161125.img.x z"

with "Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20161125.img.x z" booting was hang at first "tronsmart logo"

my box is tronsmart vegas s95 telos that using s905 not s905x

or how can I get "tronsmart vegas s95 telos kernel 3.14.29 with ubuntu or debian" ?

Comment

All images 5.24 universal (can run on any s905 s905x s912). Pay no attention to the name of the images. In the autorun script system has an automatic procedure for obtaining dtb data from the internal memory of the TV box. But as in the way Armbian use the new kernel, the old dtb data can not work. If after image capture system does not start using automatically obtained dtb data from the internal memory (splash screen hangs and does not continue to run), you need to copy to the root of the FAT partition has the correct dtb file. For model Telos and Meta - copy file "gxb_p200_2G.dtb" in the root of the FAT partition (on the media) and rename it to "dtb.img". For model Pro - copy file "gxb_p200.dtb" and rename "dtb.img".
                          Options files with the dtb data can be taken from catalog "DTB" on the media.

Comment

The new version (20161213) of images Armbian. In desktop versions of images added autologin and autostart the GUI after the initial configuration of the system and create a primary user (in the console there are no images of this). After creating the primary user, the system will automatically reboot and will automatically start the graphical interface (XFCE). Changed the algorithm for setting the video output. In this version of the configure script output (s905x_init.sh) reside in a directory on a FAT partition (on a running system, this partition is automatically mounted to the /boot directory). This script can be changed. To change the screen resolution from 720p to 1080p, you need to uncomment the line "#mode=1080p60hz" and comment out the line "mode=720h60hz". Similarly, you can change the color depth from the default 24 to 32 (bpp=24). Note that with 32 bit color significantly changes the desktop. In this script you can place the commands you want to run WebMin , Doker, ask line to run the USB port (if necessary), configure, sound card, etc.

Bug with out of sync image is not yet resolved. If you encounter such problem you need to perform a soft restart system with Ctrl+Alt+Del. Please note - you must restart the system WITHOUT turning off the power. If you restart with power off-synchronization can not be restored, When power is turned off is reset and the process repeats with a new one. Sometimes you have to restart the system several times until you see a stable picture.

If the picture is out of sync when you start GUI, you must switch to text console (Ctrl+Alt+F2) and give the command restart (Ctrl+Alt+Del).
                            Last edited by balbes150; 12-13-2016, 12:11.

Comment

Wow~~~~ Is it work only with s905x ?
                              is telos s905 can use 20161213 img ?

sorry I am newbie at armbian...

Comment

Originally posted by obdurate View Post
                                Wow~~~~ Is it work only with s905x ?
                                is telos s905 can use 20161213 img ?

sorry I am newbie at armbian...

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...346#post615346

Comment

Working...
                                X