Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bernick View Post

I dont see those USB_OTG dtb files on the fat section.

May I ask what is for https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic...x_A95X/dtb.img ?

Thanks for your help.

These are files for old versions of images. Try files with OTG in the title. These files can be found in different directories for a LE (e.g. version 10).

You need to check all versions of the file to 200\201

Comment

I draw the attention of all. For correct work of the last images you want to use the right dtb data. For some models of TV boxes may need to update the firmware. All images use the loader (u-boot) to activate the equipment. An old boot may not properly activate the equipment. Therefore, the images will not be able to run properly.

Comment

Update images.
        Ubuntu fixed ssh directly on the stage settings.
        As it begins integration phase of the build images for TV boxes (Amlogic) in the main (official) branch Armbian in the near future updates, I don't plan to. All resources will be focused on the integration process.

Comment

Original post has been updated to reflect some changes from the original directions..

Comment

I have some info on Balbes150's new 5 Desktop(DE) image... S9xxx_4G_ICEWM_MATE_XFCE_LXDE_LXQT_20170122.img.xz

Have a look at this cool thing.
            DEs included are...
            1.) Mate(default)
            2.) XFCE4
            3.) LXDE
            4.) LXQT
            5.) ICEWM

Follow the "New" updated directions in the original post to burn the card and run the image. Except login Info, it has a different password than other images.
            User: root
            Password: 1q2w3e4r

To change DEs(GUI)...

Insert prepared SD card or Flash drive into the TV Box.

Once booted it will be at the Mate desktop.

When at the desktop, if not installed, install gparted(sudo apt-get install gparted).
            Use it to resize the Ext partition on dev/sda to fill the card's available space. Ext will be on /dev/sda.

To boot to one of the other DEs follow these easy steps...
            1.) Open the file manager and navigate to the user directory(Home). Under the "View" tab, make sure, "Show hidden files" is ticked(on).
            2.) Locate the file, ".xinitrc" and open it with a text editor(Leafpad, Vim, etc).
            3.) Uncomment the line that shows the DE you want to boot to, and comment the mate-session line.
            4.) Save the file and reboot.
            5.) Good job, you did it.
            6.) Many thanks to Balbes150 for this excellent work.
            Screenshots below for each example... Click image for larger version  Name:	CheckShowHidden.png Views:	1 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	624231

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 01-24-2017, 08:31.

Comment

Is there any chance of a non yadisk mirror for 5DE image?
              Max 40kbps download here on my 120mbps down connection in USA

after 40 minutes
              Click image for larger version  Name:	oh noooo.PNG Views:	1 Size:	3.2 KB ID:	624696

Comment

Just try again in a few hours. I get good speeds in USA but some times their server is slow

Comment

Image update kernel from Hardkernel. Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Ubuntu (the Test directory) note that these images can only run on a S905. The images that will be able to work on s905x s912 will be later (need to significantly patch the kernel). Features images-3.14.79. Problems with WiFi and sound. To change the screen resolution, you need to use a certain procedure.

1. remember marking the desired resolution in the file /boot/vegas95_init.sh

2. insertion of the selected permission to the file aml_autoscript.cmd (instead of the current parameter h_mode)

3. Precompiledweb script autostart system s905_autoscript. In this-you can select any standard solution available.

The existing problems are not working properly shutdown the TV box. After switching off, to enable, disable the power supply from the network.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for this new image. I tested on my MXQPRO 4K box and it is more stable compare with earlier images.
                    I also confirmed that the graphics and bootloader issue fixed on this image. However, I found the following issue when I tried to install the OS on nand memory.
                    I found the script located at /root/install.sh. The script failed to write the DTB file. It should be updated with IMAGE_DTB="/root/dtb.img" However the environment setup is failed. I am getting the error,

Cannot parse config file '/etc/fw_env.config': No such file or directory
                    Error: environment not initialized
                    Any one tested this script to install the OS on NAND memory and fixed the issue?. Any kind of help is appreciated.

-Prakash

Comment

Originally posted by asprakash View Post
                      Hi. Thanks for this new image. I tested on my MXQPRO 4K box and it is more stable compare with earlier images.
                      I also confirmed that the graphics and bootloader issue fixed on this image. However, I found the following issue when I tried to install the OS on nand memory.
                      I found the script located at /root/install.sh. The script failed to write the DTB file. It should be updated with IMAGE_DTB="/root/dtb.img" However the environment setup is failed. I am getting the error,

Any one tested this script to install the OS on NAND memory and fixed the issue?. Any kind of help is appreciated.

-Prakash
                      What version image are You trying to install to NAND ?
                      You start the way without manually copying the dtb file to the root FAT partition ?

Comment

I am using your latest image, S9xxx_4G_ICEWM_MATE_XFCE_LXDE_LXQT_20170122.img.xz
                        I already copied the dtb.img file in my root FAT partition.
                        I tried /root/install.sh and getting the error, "/etc/fw_env.config: file not found". When I copied this file from u-boot source into /etc and now I am getting the error, "parsing error, invalid argument".

Comment

Originally posted by asprakash View Post
                          I am using your latest image, S9xxx_4G_ICEWM_MATE_XFCE_LXDE_LXQT_20170122.img.xz
                          I already copied the dtb.img file in my root FAT partition.
                          I tried /root/install.sh and getting the error, "/etc/fw_env.config: file not found". When I copied this file from u-boot source into /etc and now I am getting the error, "parsing error, invalid argument".
                          \edit 20170128\

Fixes for the version with multi-GPU environment (5 DE).

1. For proper operation of the automatic gain control CPU frequency you must replace the file with the kernel zImage on the first partition (FAT).

2. To use the installation mode of this image to the internal memory. You must copy the file "fw_env.config" in the /etc directory. Replace the /root directory file "install.sh" and file "linux.img" to fixed. The new version of the file can be downloaded from the directory on the website "FIX" the link.

Notice for normal operation of the sound you need to use the dtb files from the image (dtb directory). System can normally be started without file "dtb.img" in the first section, but the sound may not work. In this case, you need to check the system with manually copying the correct file.

Last edited by balbes150; 01-28-2017, 19:47.

Comment

For those who are into gentoo
                            natively built Gentoo_8gb_20170128.img.xz
                            see thread https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1055606.html
                            Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:30 pm / Post subject: gentoo s905x image
                            Based on 'balbes' work.
                            Has been tested to run on minimx-g s905 and spot-i7-pro s905x
                            May run on other device if correct dtb image is put in /boot as dtb.img
                            Last edited by Nofan Tasi; 02-01-2017, 03:12.

Comment

Accepts queries, which rollers are preferably added. If anyone has videos, please send, we will collect General collection.

Comment

Working...
                              X