Un Known PCB FOR 812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi holysabre,

Not sure what your procedure is for reflashing your rom, but I would think with the correct firmware, there should be no issue..
    Sorry to say I have no answer for you... I have recovered several units last year using USB burning software and most recently updated 4 other boxes
    that happened to be clones and had no problem.... Mine of course is still in limbo, lol.... If your doing the flashing as directed in some of the threads
    I've read, than it should have restored your unit. Only other thing it could be is that it may be permanently bricked...

Just thought of one thing, the USB port I used to see if my slap top recognized the box and loaded correct files was the 3 one back. The other 2 would not see the box connect.. Male to male usb cable is also required for data transfer.

Comment

Well I did the SD card method with no luck and the usb burning I keep getting parse image fail messages when i try to load the recovery file included in the correct firmware version

Comment

I'm sure you held in the reset button above the third USB port and pressed power button to on, right?

Comment

Yes but I have no hdmi signal to screen to confirm if I am in recovery or not. It detects fine on USB burning tool though but everytime i try to burn the only image I was able to mount it keeps failing at 3 percent

Comment

Well I'm not an expert on these units so I'm probably not much help in what to do next, if there is a next....

Comment

Ya I'm just gonna keep trying to find a working IMG to try and burn using the burn tool

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
                Have same issue on two M8S boxes, both have different pcb models. I have attached a picture - can someone point me in the direction of the correct firmware to flash please?

Recently I brick the same m8s with PCB CS_812M8_V1.3 (above picture the one on the right).

Have manage to get a firmware to work with it?
                I managed to unbrick it but i'm not getting the firmware with right driver for the LAN and wi-fi. Now running Team DevDigitel 5.1.1 ROM, only 2.4g wi-fi is working properly and still have networking issue.

Comment

Originally posted by alialali View Post
                  Hello I bought ((Akaso M8s - S812 - 2G/8G with wifi chip RTL8723BS )) and ihave TWRP and root
                  my problem Bluetooth does not work as well as Wi-Fi Direct does not work, so i can not cast any think to m8s
                  >>>>>>>
                  pleas Can you help me find the firmware: or Backup For the same device with wifi chip RTL8723BS.
                  Sorry for my weak English...
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n605685[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n605689[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n605690[/ATTACH]

I have this same box..I have found a lollipop ROM that works but no wifi or Bluetooth.. Does anyone know of a room that will work on it and restore the wifi and be on lollipop?

Comment

Originally posted by muncheno View Post

Recently I brick the same m8s with PCB CS_812M8_V1.3 (above picture the one on the right).

Have manage to get a firmware to work with it?
                    I managed to unbrick it but i'm not getting the firmware with right driver for the LAN and wi-fi. Now running Team DevDigitel 5.1.1 ROM, only 2.4g wi-fi is working properly and still have networking issue.
                    looking at your picture you have ap6330 wifi chipset on the right which is the most common one. other on left or first picture I would also say it ap6330 wifi, the CS_812M8_v1.3 I believe is BCM4335 chipset hence no wifi ,

take picture of the first board underneath almost 100% it would be an ap6330, as normally bcm4335 and realtek chipset are normally located on top of the board

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

need rom for this
                      Attached Files

Comment

can someone please help
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by backintheday
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n583778[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n583777[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n583780[/ATTACH]3
                          mxIII's lost wifi when trying to flashing to openelec and bricked them but i can wake them up with out wifi. All have a different board and wifi chips

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                          I have the same pcb and didn't revive it...

Comment

Do not boot, 2% usb tool failure, doing none with sdcard uboot...

Comment

Originally posted by wmlooi View Post
                              Hello, recently I bought a M8S with firmware version M8S.BCM4335.201601181037. The PCB also smaller than M8S photos posted by Meltdown. Whenever I power OFF and turn it ON the date/time will reset back to year 1980. I had tried the automatic and manual set the date/time but still same. Factory reset the M8S but still same. I think this a firmware bug and need to update the firmware but no luck. I cannot find any new firmware related to it. Any suggestion?
                              Thank you.
                              Hi, I just want to share with you that I managed to installed the TWRP and latest firmware for my M8S. Please refer to the below post.

Comment

Posted for info but would be great if someone could link me to a working firmware (board appears to be semi-bricked at the moment).
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X