CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koxx.dta View Post
    yes usb 2 (on an intel nuc so im wondering if thats why)my laptop is xubuntu
    no this is the first time, its been stock this whole time
    just to clarify,only plugged in to pc no power or hdmi?
    Arrrr that may well be your problem. if you can get access try another pc or laptop,Or even try another usb lead if you have one..

PS
    Donations are what keeps this site alive so thanks in advance.The links in my signature are the admins donations links.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Arrrr that may well be your problem. if you can get access try another pc or laptop,Or even try another usb lead if you have one..

PS
      Donations are what keeps this site alive so thanks in advance.The links in my signature are the admins donations links.
      windows sees rockusb device but rom flash tool says "no found rkandroid rock usb"
      do you think a powered usb hub would help?

does this make a difference?under usb menu it only says "connect to pc"
      and in storage options i have "media device mtp" and "camera ptp" it does not say "mass storage"

Comment

yes usb 2 (on an intel nuc so im wondering if thats why)my laptop is xubuntu
        no this is the first time, its been stock this whole time
        it makes the bonk noise the windows says drivers installed everytime
        just to clarify,only plugged in to pc no power or hdmi?
        Yes that's right only plugged into the pc no power..I always have my HDMI plugged in but it will work without...Sorry for asking this but you are holding the fn button wile plugging it in to the pc

Comment

windows sees rockusb device but rom flash tool says "no found rkandroid rock usb"
          do you think a powered usb hub would help?
          No a powered hub wont make any difference.its either something to do with the drivers or the fn button is not woking

Comment

Yes that's right only plugged into the pc no power..I always have my HDMI plugged in but it will work without...Sorry for asking this but you are holding the fn button wile plugging it in to the pc
            yes i hold it before plugging in and until i hear the bonk
            thanks for the help i will keep at it until i can use another pc
            im guessing there is no linux route?

Comment

yes i hold it before plugging in and until i hear the bonk
              thanks for the help i will keep at it until i can use another pc
              I think another pc will do the trick most the time its the drivers good luck anyway hope you get it sorted .

Comment

one last ? and i will still donate either way lol

the only other windows pc i have is at work so i wont have administrator account do you think i could do it without?
                thanks for the help sorry for using up so much time it really is appreciated

Comment

the only other windows pc i have is at work so i wont have administrator account do you think i could do it without?
                  Hey don't apologise for asking questions! every question has an answer but I may not have all the answers ha ha,,as for the administrator account that's a question I don't have the answer I would guess you would need administrator account but that's just a guess.

Comment

You can use this tool to install the drivers on the work pc, you could even try it on your intel nuc device,,,http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...download-here/

Also looking back I notice you said your laptop is xubuntu I think you can use xubuntu system to flash roms but don't ask me how I have not got a clue with that
                    Last edited by blinkone; 10-20-2014, 23:40.

Comment

You can use this tool to install the drivers on the work pc, you could even try it on your intel nuc device,,,http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...download-here/

Also looking back I notice you said your laptop is xubuntu I think you can use xubuntu system to flash roms but don't ask me how I have not got a clue with that
                      thanks
                      still no luck on the nuc...im kind of hoping thats the problem
                      i will try another pc tomorrow
                      that program said it installed the drivers but its still doing the same thing with the flash tool
                      i guess if it was easy it wouldnt be any fun

Comment

Is my device the same as this with a different name?

I recently bought a Diaotec CX-919 ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) from Amazon, and it looks like the Tronsmart CX-919 with a different name. It was advertised as having Android 4.2 on it but actually came with Kit Kat 4.4.2 on it which was a bugger to root. My question is this. Is it the same device as the cx-919 mentioned here? I would like to be able to install a recovery on it and play around with some roms, but I haven't found any specific information on the device and don't want to brick it, but the current rom and kernel are not meeting my expectations. It is supposed to be able to use b/g/n on the WIFI, but it only recognizes b/g. It is also supposed to be able to run at 1.6 - 1.8 GHZ but is set at 1.4 and can't be overclocked with the current kernel. In general I'm happy with it other than those few things. If you could help or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by DiSrUpTeR View Post
                          i hooked up a logitech C270 and was able to make a picture with it with a app named: Cymera.
                          A dutch supermarket app called: Appie works with the cam (can't focus on the barcode but does work).
                          Skype works also, wifi transfer app Superbeam works like a charm.
                          only thing i am missing is the original camera app.

you can start the camera app tru contacts and edit a contact, then add picture and choose camera.
                          the native camera app starts but there is no image the camera doesn't start.

Running finless 1.4 android 4.2.2

Mark
                          Thanks! But I think it would be better with bar code scanning function.

Comment

Working...
                          X