MiniMX S905 - Ubuntu 16.04 64bits (with kodi and X) on sdcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    To successfully boot, you need to use a dtb file from your model. It is dtb possible to get of firmware.

A easy way to get dtb file is unzip the SD OTA file. I had many problems before discover it. Now i am using the 107L firmware without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Koxx View Post
      Ubuntu image for MiniMX is ready !

v0 :

The image is require at least a 16Gb sdcard (can be resized to 8Gb after with gparted).
      It doesn't modify the internal MMC memory... so you won't loose android.

What is working or not :
      – boot : ok
      – shell : ok
      – ubuntu mate : ok
      – sound : ok (manual operation needed)
      – wifi : ok
      – bluetooth : ok
      – ir remote : ok
      – kodi with hardware acceleration : ok (no 4k)
      – cec : unknow

To install :
      1 - use win32image or dd to copy it on sdcard, and inserd sdcard in minimx
      2 - unplug minimx power
      3 - press reset button under the box and keep it pressed
      4 - replug minix power, and wait until minimx first bear logo image disappear
      5 - release the reset button
      6 - wait for boot

Login : odroid
      Password : odroid

To start with graphical desktop after reboot :
      sudo systemctl enable lightdm

To start graphical destkop once :
      sudo startx

To start with kodi after reboot (disable light before) :
      sudo systemctl enable kodifb

To start kodi once:
      kodi

To disable bluetooth (in case of trouble):
      sudo systemctl disable bt-up

To redirect sound to HDMI :
      /home/odroid/sound.sh

To install firefox :
      sudo apt-get firefox:armhf

To change boot resolution :
      odroid@odroid64:~$ nano s905_autoscript.txt
      ... edit the conent ...

odroid@odroid64:~$ mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d s905_autoscript.txt /media/boot/s905_autoscript

Linux kernel sources are still on the sdcard in case you need to add any drivers.
      To compile and install :
      odroid@odroid64:~/linux$ LOCALVERSION= make -j4
      odroid@odroid64:~/linux$ sudo make modules_install
      odroid@odroid64:~/linux$ sudo cp -f arch/arm64/boot/Image /media/boot/
      odroid@odroid64:~/linux$ sync
      odroid@odroid64:~/linux$ sudo reboot

Thanks a lot to SkOrPn and balbes150 for the help.
      Hello guys! I am new to the forum and I am very excited about the mighty Mini MX . I have a version of 2gb of ram . I had problems, because i passed 1GB image. Luckily I did not bricked the device, but it was recognizing only 1gb of ram on system, and wifi did not working, because of different chip. I had to pass the 2gb/16gb image 107L1 using USB cable, after this, the device returns to reconize the real amount of RAM and WIFI and BT devices. I leave this tip for those who are upgrading firmware, make sure the hardware version , if it is 1gb or 2gb .
      Last edited by joaopuga; 06-23-2016, 13:12.

Comment

Give answer how to install Ubuntu 16.04 64bits with usb stick?

Comment

Give answer how to install Ubuntu 16.04 64bits with usb flash drive

Comment

I have a question. Would anyone ever noticed that the USB side door (SD next) Mini MX does not work in Utuntu?
            I started testing the device running ubuntu and thought it was a hardware problem , but I run Android after and
            noticed that the door works normal. Does anyone have any idea how to turn the side door on Ubuntu?
            ( I am using the V1 image with all the upgrades via apt-get)

Comment

Originally posted by joaopuga View Post
              I have a question. Would anyone ever noticed that the USB side door (SD next) Mini MX does not work in Utuntu?
              I started testing the device running ubuntu and thought it was a hardware problem , but I run Android after and
              noticed that the door works normal. Does anyone have any idea how to turn the side door on Ubuntu?
              ( I am using the V1 image with all the upgrades via apt-get)
              from @smarteswarm :
              try:
              echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/dwc2_a/buspower
              works on minimxiii and odroid c2 image.
              if not check dwc2_b or something similar.

Comment

from @smarteswarm :
                try:
                echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/dwc2_a/buspower
                works on minimxiii and odroid c2 image.
                if not check dwc2_b or something similar.

Thank you. What you said worked properly . Only the path in my distribution was different. I put in the root cron the following line: reboot echo "1" > /sys/devices/dwc2_a/buspower

Comment

if you have issues with the boot on sdcard, you may need to flash the L105 android firmware (it will erase the whole box content).
                  http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=565.0

Dear Koxx,

I have a mini MX and started using one of your images. But now I'm testing an image of Balbes150 made for Tronsmart Telos device. The image to the Telos worked properly through exchange of DTB and also s905_autoscript file because your file has specific root information for your image version, as the excerpt below:

setenv bootargs "root = LABEL = ubuntu rootwait rw $ {} condev no_console_suspend hdmimode = $ {m} m_bpp = $ {} m_bpp vout = $ {} fsck.repair vout = yes net.ifnames = 0 = 0 consoleblank hdmitx = $ { cec} "

The Ubuntu V3 Balbes150 file presented problems in the video, so I had to use the Armbian V2 file, which has the following passage:

setenv bootargs "root = LABEL = rootfs rootwait rootflags = data = writeback rw $ {} condev no_console_suspend hdmimode = $ {m} m_bpp = $ {} m_bpp fsck.repair = yes net.ifnames = 0"

Not sure, but this Armbian file must be causing problems to play sounds in HDMI, it has some missing parameters.

Then I will ask you ... Can you create a file as that generated for your image version of Ubuntu, but with LABEL and some other necessary parameter changes to the generic (as seen in the Ubuntu V3 Balbes150 file)?

I tested several raw files GitHub contained in the link: (The OK only are made ​​to Armbian but no audio on the HDMI)
                  GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

I propose to make the same label : - BOOT boot partition - ROOTFS for the root partition. LABEL is necessary to register the same in the fstab file and in bootargs.
                    Add in boot partition second file s905_autoscrip_720 with settings for 720p60hz. Would a simple renaming of the file s905_autoscrip_720 in s905_autoscript to have the ability to download the monitors that don't support 1080. If your TV does not support 1080 can not boot and build file with parameters 720p60hz.
                    Hello Balbes150 ! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Today I am using your image ubuntu V3 , but with the s905_autoscript from Armbian because the ubuntu file (did for telos) caused problems on the display.

Which technique to change these files ? The text change does not solve , because I did a test and got no success .
                    Does the change by a hex editor would generate a functional file?

I believe that a file s905_autoscript similar to the original of Ubuntu created by Koxx , but the parameter label changed to rootfs should be enough to run your ubuntu V3 without problems in Mini MX .

See my more detailed case on the topic # 98 , just above .

Comment

s905_autoscript - It is a binary file. It can't be edited. Something would have to change it. 1. Clone the git (optional, not required, can use your text files). 2. Сhange text file s905_autoscript.txt 3. The make of an executable script. In the directory Script has a set of different files. Can see them as samples. In the README.MD quick instructions. If something is not clear, ask.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

(I am using the V1 image with all the upgrades via apt-get)
                        When running v1 with up to date apt-get, does this ubuntu run with accelerated graphics (perhaps X11, wayland or DirectFB or...?).
                        I mean to ask: is running Kodi a valid alternative in terms of performance compared to running it from OE? And are the OE addons working (tvheadend and pvr.htc are what I use for DVB-T)?

Comment

s905_autoscript - It is a binary file. It can't be edited. Something would have to change it. 1. Clone the git (optional, not required, can use your text files). 2. Сhange text file s905_autoscript.txt 3. The make of an executable script. In the directory Script has a set of different files. Can see them as samples. In the README.MD quick instructions. If something is not clear, ask.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905

Thank you very much! The procedure worked OK in the script generation . Unfortunately not solved the audio problem in HDMI V3 version of your image for Telos . What is the procedure to compile the HDMI audio Amlogic for other versions of Kernel ? In the image of the Koxx HDMI audio outputs normally. Taking the opportunity .. my mini MX is 2GB , with chipset WIFI / BT AP6330 . I managed to get the Bluetooth working through pulseaudio , but I am having slow and interrupted audio . Any procedure for Bluetooth A2DP that works well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nofan Tasi View Post
                            When running v1 with up to date apt-get, does this ubuntu run with accelerated graphics (perhaps X11, wayland or DirectFB or...?).
                            I mean to ask: is running Kodi a valid alternative in terms of performance compared to running it from OE? And are the OE addons working (tvheadend and pvr.htc are what I use for DVB-T)?

Hello! So far I could not put the KODI to run . It is always giving segmentation error. I do not know the reason yet.
                            Currently it is also not in my priorities because I am using the Mini MX as a desktop low consumption. My videos I run a Raspberry PI 2 on the TV , which plays very well its function. Now Rasp run videos in 3D ISO . I think the Mini MX has a lot to improve to reach Rasp this point .
                            My priority now is to put the bluetooth to work ... You've used A2DP in yours?
                            About graphics acceleration , my Mini MX with fully updated Koxx V1 image is well with windows without leaving ghosts .. Videos on Youtube run OK in Firefox and Chromium , which does not happen with Ubuntu V3 Balbes .

Comment

Thank you very much! The procedure worked OK in the script generation . Unfortunately not solved the audio problem in HDMI V3 version of your image for Telos . What is the procedure to compile the HDMI audio Amlogic for other versions of Kernel ? In the image of the Koxx HDMI audio outputs normally. Taking the opportunity .. my mini MX is 2GB , with chipset WIFI / BT AP6330 . I managed to get the Bluetooth working through pulseaudio , but I am having slow and interrupted audio . Any procedure for Bluetooth A2DP that works well ?
                              The topic of Ubuntu, Koxx gave a description of how to compile the kernel to include sound and WiFi. I will address this issue in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry I'm not often here.
                                Thanks balbes for the help you provide to all users
                                I'll receive a MiniMXIII in 2 weeks.
                                I'll try to build a version compatible with the V1 and the III (with all drivers included), and I'll restart it from the Telos Ubuntu V3. Unless balbes goes faster than me to do it

I'll have a look on the balbes new scripts. (@balbes150, what are they doing exactly ?)

For X11, don't hope too much. The current Odroid C2 acceleration is only for openGL. It isn't miraculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X