No announcement yet.

AMLogic (Sunvell?) T95x (Mini M8s ii clone) 1Gb/8Gb Stock Firmware and Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMLogic (Sunvell?) T95x (Mini M8s ii clone) 1Gb/8Gb Stock Firmware and Recovery

I purchased this item and it's having "issues" as reported by others. These files were sent to me as an update to possibly fix any issues the box has.

I HAVE NOT UPDATED YET so I have no input yet as to whether it works or not.

Biggest issue for me is Play Store does not work unless you Uninstall Updates and run it. After you run it once, it updates and you have to Uninstall the updates again to make it work.

Second issue is that Root Checker says it is rooted. I cannot however change any system files (rename, delete, etc..) even after installing busybox and supersu.

Maybe someone can get into these files and create a sure fire root method and we can get some custom ROM's.

I searched and found no references to these files so hopefully for my first post here, I'm not being a redundant dumb-ass.

Here are the links I received...

Files:
    Code:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj22POX1c5uCoSm0PbC8UZYu6kyj
    Video:
    Code:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj22POX1c5uCoDovzxpIZsbCjqbF
    The video is kind of pointless as it just shows how to put the device into recovery. I believe there are other posts on how to do that.

Well, I cannot get these files to do anything so far. I have gone into recovery with the recovery button but the files aren't seen or automatically flashed. I also tried the backup/restore apk and it does not flash them upon reboot, just a generic error message.

Here is what I've tried:

So, with an SD card formatted as "SDcard" from within the Android OS formatting option, the card is recognized only as "SDcard" and the "recovery" files are not seen by the backup/restore apk to use as an update.

If i format a card to use on my PC as exfat and then insert it into the device, the update files will be seen by the backup/restore apk and the system will reboot to recovery and tries to perform an update but gets the generic error message and I have to unplug and restart.

I can get into the recovery screen by holding the recovery button in while powering on the unit but I have yet been able to get it to find the p212-ota-20160831.zip or recovery.img files to perform the update.

I have read about the TWRP process of naming the twrp file to recovery.zip and creating a dummy update.zip file, but that process either way I try it also yields no results beyond getting to the stock recovery screen. I am unable to navigate to the sdcard to try and update this box.

Now from what I am seeing is that I may need to use the AMLogic Burning Tool to perform these tasks? This box does not come with an OTG port, so am I to use a USB Male A to USB Male A adapter to connect it to the PC?

This is my second android box and the first was easy to flash and root. I should have bought another of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by eweo911 View Post
      This box does not come with an OTG port, so am I to use a USB Male A to USB Male A adapter to connect it to the PC?.
      Yep

i had to buy a Male to Male USB lead to flash my COOLEME MB1 ... cost me $5 (and i'll probably never use it again .. or rarely)

Comment

Ok, I got it to work via the recovery button. I found out for this, I had to format the SD card as FAT for it to work.

I then simply copied the files over to the SD card and started in recovery and it automatically updated correctly.

The update did fix the play store issue that I have seen others complaining about.

Oh, also after this update, it says it is a model T5x10002. Not sure if it is a modded update for the T5x or if the firmware is just compatible.

Comment

Thanks for posting, I've been looking everywhere for somebody with this box. I mean I reckon it's the same box (albeit the 2GB/16GB version) - it was sold as a Zenoplige T95x, came boxed as a Mini TV Box and identifies itself as an MBox in settings, so I'm not quite sure what it really is. I don't have any contact details for the seller either, so I can't ask for an update. Do you reckon your update would work on my box, even though it's a slightly different box? I have the same Play Store issue.

While I'm here, I don't suppose you know if it's possible to enable bluetooth on this box? I couldn't find anything in settings, so I popped in a usb bluetooth dongle to see if that would work, but I can't find anyway to enable it. Any suggestions? I'd kinda like to use my Wii controllers or another bluetooth gamepad to play games on the box if at all possible.

And finally, do you have any suggestions for alternate launchers? I've tried quite a few without much luck. The Leanback Launcher looked pretty good (I think it was the 1.4 version that kinda worked), but it's pretty limited as it only show apps that are enabled for Android TV and the search box didn't work.

Comment

I believe it is the same box. Mine is identified the same as yours. I can't really tell you whether or not this update will work for your box tho since there could be some minor hardware differences if it's not the same.

secondly, I do not believe this box has bluetooth capability. The manufacturer probably wanted a cheap device to sell very quickly and didn't want to spend money on bluetooth. It does work with WiFi keyboards and mice, providing you have a dangle for it. I lucked out due to a seller error reporting that it had bt 4.0 capability. It doesn't so they are sending me a free wireless keyboard/mouse mini controller for free. It may have a Bluetooth radio in it (I don't know and don't know how to tell) but it certainly is not activated if it has one.

Thirdly, I have not tested any other launcher as thus one is pretty easy to use.

I'm hoping someone can cook up a rom for this like the Frankenstein rom, with root. I don't really need root on it but I'd love to get rid of ads.

Comment

eweo911 Thanks for the advice, I'll hold off on the update. And yeah I reckon you're right about the bluetooth. It's a shame I can't get the bluetooth dongle working, but I can maybe rig something up using my MakeyMakey as a game controller. Anyways captain, you've been mighty helpful. Thank you!

Comment

Thinking...

you may be able to extract the Google play store apk from the update and install it. It would most likely be a higher version so the install of the newer apk should work as an update for the play store. It's worth a try since what you have doesn't work anyway. Plus, if it doesn't work you can always hit the "Uninstall updates" in the applications part of the menu and it'll revert back to the original one.

Hope that works

Comment

eweo911 that's a fine idea, thanks again. I'll give it a shot this evening and let y'all know if it works.

Comment

hello @papa_pistachio

i have the same tv box 2G 16G version and the same problems (system crashes, problems with google play store compatibility

shame about no bluetooth maybe it will be possible somehow edit the firmware add support for it (bluetooth usb dongle i mean)

i'm curious if this firmware will work for 2G 16G version i think if i tried to update it it may brick tv box right

sorry for my english

Comment

It will not work. You need a 2g/16g version.

Comment

which seller give you links to this firmware update ? maybe he will have it for 2g 16g too

Comment

US **** seller id: zlwl

Comment

US **** seller id: zlwl
                            thx will try to contact him

i just received info (not from seller) that this firmware works for 2g/8b version i think i will give it a shot

Comment

Awesome, I'm a little skeptical but let us know.

I always thought that the internal scripts formatted the memory differently to match the product memory capabilties. I'm wondering if you'll come out of a flash with a 2g/8g box instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X