X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95X TWRP/Xposed

follow this

Comment

Much appreciated. I'm assuming that you did the factory reset from within TWRP? If so, which partitions did you wipe?

I tried a factory reset within android, I'm on the latest firmware t5x20002 as per this thread, but I'm experiencing extremely slow web browsing, YouTube buffering, video websites not loading, etc....equally bad on wifi and ethernet....but no issues with any of my other devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Clandestino123 View Post
        Much appreciated. I'm assuming that you did the factory reset from within TWRP? If so, which partitions did you wipe?

I tried a factory reset within android, I'm on the latest firmware t5x20002 as per this thread, but I'm experiencing extremely slow web browsing, YouTube buffering, video websites not loading, etc....equally bad on wifi and ethernet....but no issues with any of my other devices.
        Yes in TWRP. I didn't select partitions, Just go to wipe and pull slider. (most of the time you only need this wipe) it says. Its still a reset

Comment

Now i have wifi issue. download speed of 1.5 mb. Should be 45 mb as it was with ....10004 build.
          Anyone know whats happening here ?
          Could it be something to do with the added bluetooth in this build ? We didn't have BT originally with the 2 GB box.

Comment

Originally posted by damod11 View Post

Now i have wifi issue. download speed of 1.5 mb. Should be 45 mb as it was with ....10004 build.
            Anyone know whats happening here ?
            Could it be something to do with the added bluetooth in this build ? We didn't have BT originally with the 2 GB box.
            i don't think so

Comment

Now i have wifi issue.
              Can you check over Ethernet too?

Comment

Can you check over Ethernet too?
                Ethernet not working at all. ( tried different cables ) . BT doesn't work either ( don't think there is BT chip in 2g box ) wifi is back to a decent 30mbs for now.
                I've a new modem coming and id like ethernet working.
                Has anyone any idea whats wrong ?

Comment

EDIT: installed TWRP did a factory reset on t5x20002 and everything is working like it should.
                  is there any difference between normal factory reset via android and using TWRP recovery ?

Comment

Ethernet not working at all. ( tried different cables ) . BT doesn't work either ( don't think there is BT chip in 2g box ) wifi is back to a decent 30mbs for now.
                    I've a new modem coming and id like ethernet working.
                    Has anyone any idea whats wrong ?
                    why did you do factory reset via TWRP not normal via android ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

why did you do factory reset via TWRP not normal via android ?
                      No reason really. Thought both did the same job.

Comment

Guys, I tried reverting to the T95X firmware posted on timothy hoogland's page. I think it is T5X10004, or something like that.

Anyway, I'm finding that everything is working much better now. (other than youtube, which won't play in 1080p or even 720p... and kodi addons, which are rubbish as per my usual experience)

Comment

Guys, I tried reverting to the T95X firmware posted on timothy hoogland's page. I think it is T5X10004, or something like that.

Anyway, I'm finding that everything is working much better now. (other than youtube, which won't play in 1080p or even 720p... and kodi addons, which are rubbish as per my usual experience)
                          most people on russian forum where i find this firmware says that T5X2xxxxxx works much better

Comment

What about Android itself ? Is it not riddled with bugs ?

Comment

To be honest with you, I haven't tested it thoroughly. I'd previously spent so much time flashing, testing, reflashing the 20002 version that I've given it a rest for 24 hrs!

Now on the 10004, and bugs...Hmm...It did take me some time to update the google play files. finally, it worked (after 7 or 8 attempts).

Ethernet is working. Wi-Fi is working (from a distance of 10cm. Lol)

Most importantly, things are opening and loading quickly. E.g.hd cartoon, opens with movie posters in less than 2 seconds. Files load from internet in 3 or 4 secs.

Kodi menus (such as exodus) actually work, and after approx 26 clicks through various screens, and several useless prompts about sources etc, the movie/show might load. Lol. (Am I missing something re these addons? They are terrible, yet so popular?!)

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                                if kodi is crashing for anyone under system/video/acceleration uncheck amcodec that seems to have fixed the crashing for me..
                                Where is this ? Can't find system/video/acceleration

Comment

Working...
                                X