MXIII - G II TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

If the kernel flashed successfully via TWRP then it should enable the features, so can't think of anything else to try as it worked perfectly for me.
    Can this kernell be installed in other custom rom?

Comment

bluesmanuk SC's SCV9-ATV version should be safe to install on MXIII G II?

Comment

Originally posted by diagobe View Post
        bluesmanuk SC's SCV9-ATV version should be safe to install on MXIII G II?
        I would wait for the A912 version that will eventually be seen in post 2.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Any way to check what wifi chipset version my box has? I've reverted back to the original rom and i've installed cpu-z, but i have no idea what i'm looking at in cpu-z
          Edit: Serial number at the bottom of the box is M912BKCH60064
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by diagobe View Post
            Any way to check what wifi chipset version my box has? I've reverted back to the original rom and i've installed cpu-z, but i have no idea what i'm looking at in cpu-z
            easiest way to find what wifi chip you have is to pop the hood. (open the box up) tutorials for how to open this model are about maybe even on this thread at start

Comment

For anyone having the same issue i had, the SCV9A-ATV (second post, version for S/N: A912 - AP6255 wifi chip) seems to did the trick.

To sum things up in one post, the issue i had was with green/pink screen tinting caused by the older TV i have. I tried installing the rom version/kernel i mention in post #125, but even though the issue with screen tinting was fixed, both Bluetooth and wi-fi stopped working.

The SCV9A-ATV version fixed the screen tinting and both wi-fi and Bluetooth work. Few things to have in mind:
              • Enabling RGB fix under Settings > Display did nothing for me
              • I had to enable "RGB fix on boot" in Box_fix app (but with having this enabled there is a sound bug - after boot/reboot sound wont work, so you have to unplug and plug the hdmi cable)
              • After installing the rom the Play store crashed each time when i tried searching for apps. What fixed this for me was a factory reset
              • I decided to use the included Kodi fork - FTMC, so i dont know if Kodi 17 works well. It did work well when i had version V8B of the rom installed

Comment

I've only used the update_MXIII-GII_rv109 zip filw, which you extract to get the image file and then use the burning tool to make an SD card.

Then insert the card and press in the reset button and hold in for 2-3 seconds whilst you apply power.

Upon release you will see the upgrading screen and a case of waiting for a few minutes where the box will reboot upon completion.
                Some thing new on that Upgrade ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tchekis View Post

Some thing new on that Upgrade ?
                  I'm afraid that I don't understand the question.

Comment

I'm afraid that I don't understand the question.
                    With this upgrade, any improvements have been made to the system ? because i have the same box (MXIII GII s912) but the power button doesn't work, if i try to shut down with the remote he just restart.
                    Or you can help me to resolve thats issue .

Thanks

Comment

With this upgrade, any improvements have been made to the system ? because i have the same box (MXIII GII s912) but the power button doesn't work, if i try to shut down with the remote he just restart.
                      Or you can help me to resolve thats issue .

Thanks
                      I haven't used that firmware for a while now.

I use the Superceleron build which is better than any stock.

The button sounds like a hardware fault, so would advise contacting the seller for a warranty replacement.

Comment

Early impressions

Full root is provided by SuperSU, which requires an update to complete functionality.

[...]

There is no clear all button for background tasks, that is present in other firmwares, so one feature to be improved upon.
                        [...]

Hello friends,
                        I bought this TV-Box in February but it died 2 or 3 days later, I managed to get along with Gearbest, they sent me another box which will arrive soon... (I hope)

1) Though, I had little time to discover this box and I was getting an error : Supersu sent me a notification each time to update. I've had 2 choices : to update the simple way through this app : unsuccessful or the other way with upgrading the binary : it seems like the box restarted and Supersu was not updated. I was not able to install apps which needed root access.
                        What is the proper way to update supersu or/and have an efective root access with this MXIII GII?

2) I saw some mediabox launcher with weather and cleaning function (which are not included in this tvbox) is there a way to find and add this version of mediabox launcher instead of the normal one
                        You can view this mediabox launcher that I'm searching for on this post : http://blogmotion.fr/feedback/mx-3-s812-box-tv-14904 (interface section photo) I tried to download Tronsmart MXIII firmware to get it but I can't mount or uncompress properly the img file... I'm under Arch Linux laptop, and I can't find a good way to do it, sadly... If someone had the apk, this would be great?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by vlag24 View Post

Hello friends,
                          I bought this TV-Box in February but it died 2 or 3 days later, I managed to get along with Gearbest, they sent me another box which will arrive soon... (I hope)

1) Though, I had little time to discover this box and I was getting an error : Supersu sent me a notification each time to update. I've had 2 choices : to update the simple way through this app : unsuccessful or the other way with upgrading the binary : it seems like the box restarted and Supersu was not updated. I was not able to install apps which needed root access.
                          What is the proper way to update supersu or/and have an efective root access with this MXIII GII?

2) I saw some mediabox launcher with weather and cleaning function (which are not included in this tvbox) is there a way to find and add this version of mediabox launcher instead of the normal one
                          You can view this mediabox launcher that I'm searching for on this post : http://blogmotion.fr/feedback/mx-3-s812-box-tv-14904 (interface section photo) I tried to download Tronsmart MXIII firmware to get it but I can't mount or uncompress properly the img file... I'm under Arch Linux laptop, and I can't find a good way to do it, sadly... If someone had the apk, this would be great?

regards
                          Updating SU using the normal option has always worked for me.

Whilst you may be able to obtain the APK for the launcher that you want, be aware that it may not work as there re other elements in firmware that are often tied to the launcher that would be required as well.

Have you considered any of the custom firmwares offered on here that are way better than any of the stock ones?

Comment

Thanks for your post,
                            I will see when I'll receive the new TV-Box

Comment

I haven't used that firmware for a while now.

I use the Superceleron build which is better than any stock.

The button sounds like a hardware fault, so would advise contacting the seller for a warranty replacement.
                              I already return the box to the seller, and i need to buy a nother one, but can you tell me what is the best Android TV box i can bougth for now. I want to use it for IP TV (KODI) ?

Comment

I already return the box to the seller, and i need to buy a nother one, but can you tell me what is the best Android TV box i can bougth for now. I want to use it for IP TV (KODI) ?
                                There is a wide choice.

Top of that list would be the Nvidia Shield.

But perhaps right now, based on the functionality offered by the Superceleron firmwares, any of the S912 boxes, such as the S92, GT1 etc will likely do the trick for you.

There is also the S905X series of boxes that can use librelec instead of Android but gives you the Kodi experience that you seek.

How come you didn't go for a straight replacement from the seller?

Comment

Working...
                                X