This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMBER FIRMWARE NOW DOWNLOADABLE

Take your boxes to the next level by going full on kodi on your MX box. Remove the android and get 10x the speed by using this new firmware by team MX Linux

Instructions and links available at the vectordroid.com forums

http://www.vectordroid.com/vectordroidforums/

PLUS

NEW VECTORDROID REPO AVAILABLE
    download all the repos globally with a single link plus get all the best addons - all loaded directly at the vectordroid repo

vectordroid.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf vectordroid.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by alejobar View Post
      kerikhaos thanks for your answer, my problem started when my box stopped working, I though I bricked because I got the red light and blank screen at boot not even the A9 or android image, tried to use the toothpeek method and not even Android working logo, so I've being trying to flash it with different images and finally found one firmware that gave me a blue light, still not image at boot just blank screen, but after 10 minutes the box finally boot and show me the MX Welcome to setup the box. My problem is that after configuring everything and using the box successfully, once I take off the power it won't boot again, just blue light and blank screen. So it only works once after flashing and no taking out the power.
      Hello alejobar would you mind sharing with me which firmware you used to be able to boot once. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by kerikhaos View Post

best route to take which i have found (and many hours went into this believe me) is to first establish what firmware the box had on it before. Was it original matricom or the chinese MBOX firmware. There could be other cheaper firmwares on this board such as Trend android etc). If you had a non official matricom fw (bennibenassi recovery matricom does not count) then your system must take the unofficial route to openelec.

This means you will need an older mbox firmware (use to be hosted on acemax website - links somewhere in previous pages) which was i think dated 201404. Use toothpic to recover to this first. The toothpic to upgrade to official matricom 1.1.5 (not benni files the original 3x fw files). toothpic method go into recovery and clear cache and then wipe data recovery - do this a few times. The place official matricom fw 1.1.6 on root od sd and toothpic recovery to this fw. Should be successful. Go into matricom fw and check storage....int settings.....if disk space shows 4/5GB used then the partitions are correct and you can proceed to next step.

I have not been able to just directly to openelec 5.0.3 i first need to jump to the previous stable version of openelec via toothpic method then access openelec from samba (network) and place the upgrade fw of openelec 5.0.3.tar in the upgrade folder of MX2 openelelec and then reboot. The box should auto upgrade to the newest openelec and be ready for your customisations

there is a more detailed thread about 8-12 pages back where i describe the downgrade then upgrade process to openelec if the above is too vague

good luck
        kerikhaos how can i determine what firmware a box currently as you mentioned earlier

Comment

Originally posted by goldorak View Post

kerikhaos how can i determine what firmware a box currently as you mentioned earlier
          the easiest method to establish firmware on an MX2 is to go into MBOX settings (provising you have an MBOX firmware fw currently on the system) and going to the last tab which says settings. Look down and check where it says version / firmware version - it will say something like JDQ19.20140794

If you cant find this then the other route is go to play store and download CPU-Z and run it. This program gives you a break down of the entire system, hard disk, ram etc etc.....scroll down through the details and look for the firmware version and post results back here to confirm

Comment

New official 2015 mbox firmware for the M8N now available to download over at VECTORDROID forums

Www.vectordroid.com/forum

Comment

goldorak Im uploading the firmware to dropbox now, let you know when is ready. kerikhaos I tried the nand scrubber, left it running like an hour or more, then I tried again flashing Bennis image, only red light, tried again my image and got blue light but blank screen, no MX welcome this time , any UART tutorials for this board?

Comment

Originally posted by alejobar View Post
                Guest Im uploading the firmware to dropbox now, let you know when is ready. Guest I tried the nand scrubber, left it running like an hour or more, then I tried again flashing Bennis image, only red light, tried again my image and got blue light but blank screen, no MX welcome this time , any UART tutorials for this board?
                This is a good sign means the box now has had a successful flash hence the blue light but your boot loader partition has become corrupt and unflappable. This is why your box goes blue but no output on display. Uart is needed but you need to understand the risks of something goes wrong during this process you lose the whole box. We supply this service for only 14 euros globally - we just need box sent to us with return delivery fee.

Comment

Hello goldorak here is the link for the firmware that worked on that board https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2020141022.zip

Comment

Another update at VECTORDROID forums,

Looking to make a successful jump to openelec firmware without chance of bricking or breaking the system? Go over now to the VECTORDROID forum and find out how to do it whatever firmware you are using

vectordroid.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf vectordroid.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Originally posted by kerikhaos View Post

Again, this is related to a bad flash of the firmware where certain driver files to not attach correctly or don't run correctly during startup. What firmware are you using now and what firmware were you on before flashing to bennis 1.1.5??

Try using MBOX april 2014 firmware over at the vectordroid forum and see if you have better luck. If not your NAND is also choosing to be sticky and not allow installation of the firmware files. you will need UART also if the force flashing doesn't work or after if you try using dexstars wipe files for sd

hope this helps

Cheers for the reply Kerikhaos. I cannot remember what FW it was running but it seemed to be a custom ROM. It had a separate 'Settings Mix' from the stock Android version and referenced itself as a g18ref. I've looked at the board and it is stamped as a HD18 v2.21 but not sure how to tell if it is a clone.

Please can you point me to dextarts wipe files for SD and the instructions i need? I'm guessing i need to do the following:

1. Try the MBOX April 2014 FW (do i write this in the same way as the BenniBenassi method or do i select a different option in recovery mode?).
                      2. If fails, do the dextar wipe using SD (help please)
                      3. If fails, paid UART solution needed (i might replace the box in this case).
                      Last edited by mancmackem; 05-12-2015, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by mancmackem View Post

Cheers for the reply Kerikhaos. I cannot remember what FW it was running but it seemed to be a custom ROM. It had a separate 'Settings Mix' from the stock Android version and referenced itself as a g18ref. I've looked at the board and it is stamped as a HD18 v2.21 but not sure how to tell if it is a clone.

Please can you point me to dextarts wipe files for SD and the instructions i need? I'm guessing i need to do the following:

1. Try the MBOX April 2014 FW (do i write this in the same way as the BenniBenassi method or do i select a different option in recovery mode?).
                        2. If fails, do the dextar wipe using SD (help please)
                        3. If fails, paid UART solution needed (i might replace the box in this case).
                        For best results you will need to prepare the sd card via Bennis method but remove the firmware files on there which take you to matricom and replace them with the April mbox 2014 firmware then attempt to flash your box via toothpic method. Again if no output then just wait 25 mins for benefit of the doubt then restart power and wait for image on screen.

The dexter files (I will upload for you at VECTORDROID forums in a day or so) can be placed in the root folder of the same benni formatted sd card and again attempt to toothpic recovery. There is a chance your box is refusing to boot from the sd card in which case your other not so friendly solution before UART is sorting pins 7-8 on the nand. Careful here as wrong shorting can ruin your box dead.

Let me know your country of origin so I can tell what the recorded delivery service will cost sending you your box back plus the 14 euros unbricking UART service - otherwise buying another box would be the other alternative.

The hd18 v2.21 means you don't have a clone but a revision of the original box so no worries there, you have full compatability with all g18ref firmwares,

Check http://www.vectordroid.com/vectordroidforums for all files you need including dexstars NAND scrubber which I will have up very soon

Comment

here is the nand scrubber on the vectordroid forum - please read instructions very carefully how to use this as it could do damage as well as recover

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I have three (3) boxes that gave me the black screen (no signal via HDMI), the following are my scenarios any help would be appreciated:

Box 1
                            MX branded box 8726-MX v1.1 branded on the board. Similar to this box on Amazon.
                            This box has the A9 or @9 logo on boot, then goes to the Grenn Android Man Standing then to a graphical MBOX logo before loading.

Symptoms
                            The box was freezing on the MBOX logo.
                            Then I flashed an incorrect ROM and it was freezing on a Droidplayer logo.
                            Then I flashed a recovery fix from DroidTV and it gave me a red light no display.

Fix/Resolution
                            I opened the box shorted the pins on the nand and held down the reset switch with an SDCard loaded with u-boot.bin, the stock firmware, recovery.img, etc. The Box gave me the blue led installed the firmware and is now back to life.

The following boxes I need help(pictures of the nand if possible).

Box 2
                            Non-branded box - the board has HD18 V2.2 written on it.

Symptoms
                            Blue Light no display I am thinking it has an incorrect firmware maybe Matricom 1.1.6.
                            Help!

Box 3
                            G-Box branding on the top of it. The board has HD18 V2.22 written on it. Like this box on Amazon.

Symptoms
                            Blue Light no display I am thinking it has an incorrect firmware also maybe Matricom 1.1.6.
                            Once Again Help!

I am at work now but I have to try the nand scrubber with Benni's Magic SD Image. I would like to know where the Nands are to short the pins(as this worked before for me as stated above) and also any guaranteed to work firmware links.

Thank you I appreciate everyone's effort after reading all 671 previous posts!
                            Damione

Comment

Originally posted by Damione View Post
                              Hello Everyone,

I have three (3) boxes that gave me the black screen (no signal via HDMI), the following are my scenarios any help would be appreciated:

Box 1
                              MX branded box 8726-MX v1.1 branded on the board. Similar to this box on Amazon.
                              This box has the A9 or @9 logo on boot, then goes to the Grenn Android Man Standing then to a graphical MBOX logo before loading.

Symptoms
                              The box was freezing on the MBOX logo.
                              Then I flashed an incorrect ROM and it was freezing on a Droidplayer logo.
                              Then I flashed a recovery fix from DroidTV and it gave me a red light no display.

Fix/Resolution
                              I opened the box shorted the pins on the nand and held down the reset switch with an SDCard loaded with u-boot.bin, the stock firmware, recovery.img, etc. The Box gave me the blue led installed the firmware and is now back to life.

The following boxes I need help(pictures of the nand if possible).

Box 2
                              Non-branded box - the board has HD18 V2.2 written on it.

Symptoms
                              Blue Light no display I am thinking it has an incorrect firmware maybe Matricom 1.1.6.
                              Help!

Box 3
                              G-Box branding on the top of it. The board has HD18 V2.22 written on it. Like this box on Amazon.

Symptoms
                              Blue Light no display I am thinking it has an incorrect firmware also maybe Matricom 1.1.6.
                              Once Again Help!

I am at work now but I have to try the nand scrubber with Benni's Magic SD Image. I would like to know where the Nands are to short the pins(as this worked before for me as stated above) and also any guaranteed to work firmware links.

Thank you I appreciate everyone's effort after reading all 671 previous posts!
                              Damione
                              provided answer for you on your vectordroid post

Comment

UPDATE AVAILABLE AT VECTORDROID - OPENELEC DIRECT DOWNLOAD INC INSTRUCTIONS FOR M8 2GB BOXES

Download M8 (2GB) openelec firmware direct from the forums

Comment

Working...
                                X