Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok everyone......for those who have already signed up.....posts are now working (users can now post in the correct forums) and our first configuration data link for android users is available along with installation instructions.....

have fun and let us know your opinions on how to improve the packages

vectordroid.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf vectordroid.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

the openelec package will be available in a few days

thanks

Comment

just another update everyone for those of you who have had issues following recovery protocols and successful conversions between Chinese official firmware (MBOX) to matricom firmware I an grouping together some idiot proof tutorials which anyone can follow. I have so far found nothing like this on the net detailed and explained as well as I would like it to be and im sure it will benefit many of you.

Soon there will be a tutorials section in the forums which will contain these guides along with clear images and clear instructions how to do these flash steps and even UART connections

http://www.vectordroid.com/vectordroidforums/

keep an eye out for these updates and don't forget to become a member to gain access to the stuff (free by the way :-) )

Comment

OPENELEC users head over to vectordroid forums to get your boxes fully loaded in minutes with the first release update for this platform

please also take note (the process for openelec can also be used for all other platforms including android, windows, rasperry pi, fire tv mac os etc etc)

we hope you enjoy this release and cant wait to release the next updated version soon

Comment

Kerikhaos, is the MX and MX2 the same unit?

Comment

Originally posted by node View Post
            Kerikhaos, is the MX and MX2 the same unit?
            under matricoms code of reference - these boxes are not the same.But depending on the branding by manufacturer its possible it may be an official g18ref or a clone of a g18ref. I recently discovered that CMX boxes use cloned versions of the g18ref but they still register as g18ref boards. Although they are not labelled HD18 Vx.x they could possibly be the same chipset and base format. It will be hard to test this theory without attempting a force flash of official g18ref firmware on these cloned versions to see which ones load and which ones brick. Of course this risk will mean your box may become a door stop if something goes wrong.

Comment

Understood, therefore these boxes may or may not load OpenElec by Codesnake firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by node View Post
                Understood, therefore these boxes may or may not load OpenElec by Codesnake firmware?
                its quite possible, but from my experience the boxes must be completely different architecture to fail - for instance......instead of the board having 1gb ddr3 ram it has only 512mb ram. Instead of having 8gb hdd space it only has 4gb space. I think someone on this forum had this problem with a clone board.

The point is that if the board suggests its arm logic AML series exactly quoted by the true MX2 board and the other circular specs are the same ie hdd space and ram size then you are definitely toward the positive chances for running these genuine firmwares on these boards.

Its a gamble when buying these clone boxes because the costs arent that much different so its like not you are saving much on paying for these boards and i put it down to just not knowing what you buy when you place the order. A lesson is that not everything which is advertised is the same as the word Genuine.

Comment

NEWEST VERSION OF MBOX FIRMWARE (plus some older versions now available for those who want to downgrade or prepare for openelec firmware conversions)

Head over to http://www.vectordroid.com/vectordroidforums/ and download now these great firmware releases - very stable and very fast android OS

Newest version dates january 2015 MBOX firmware also available. Please note these versions are the MX2 G18REF boards only......please do not use these on clones with different hardware nor on any other unofficial android tv box

You must sign in to download the firmware files

happy downloading :-)

Comment

Hello there, I have the same board as goldorak and I found the firmware that makes my box boot, but it only boots once after installed, if I turn it off after using the box I go back to a blank screen and blue light on the box. When I put the sd card, use the toothpick method and power the box there's no android logo or anything just a blank screen, leave the box alone for 10 min and then I got the welcome screen to setup the box. Can someone help me fix the boot part of the box? is a Amlogic 8726MX V1.1 kerikhaos BenniBenassi
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Last edited by alejobar; 05-01-2015, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by alejobar View Post
                      Hello there, I have the same board as goldorak and I found the firmware that makes my box boot, but it only boots once after installed, if I turn it off after using the box I go back to a blank screen and blue light on the box. When I put the sd card, use the toothpick method and power the box there's no android logo or anything just a blank screen, leave the box alone for 10 min and then I got the welcome screen to setup the box. Can someone help me fix the boot part of the box? is a Amlogic 8726MX V1.1 kerikhaos BenniBenassi
                      ok so if i am to understand correctly the box has a working system on it and your problem is the recovery doesnt work?

i have had many cases like this and before you start any route to try rectofy this be warned that you could end up with a brick which will need UART connection to revive again.

First i can see you are using a v1.1 board.....these are quite dated but shouldnt make a difference with the recovery process. You have already tried the benni magic disk card im guessing to force format back to matricom 1.1.5 custom and this failed? If not thats the first thing to try to do.

Otherwise you will need to attempt flashing an unrooted MBOX firmware version which i have currently downloadable at my vectordroid forum dated april 2014. Once you attempt to flash using either one of these 2 firmwares it should fix your problem with the recovery otherwise you have a corrupt recovery partiton and this will mean 100% UART is your only hope

Comment

MATRICOM FIRMWARE (ENTIRE VERSION LIBRARY NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD)

with loads of GBs being uploaded these last few days we are happy to share ALL of the matricom firmware versions for download. Head over to the vectordroid forum now and download from our private storqage locations free

OPENELEC DOWNLOAD AND INSTRUCTIONS (NOW ALSO AVAILABLE)

Comment

kerikhaos thanks for your answer, my problem started when my box stopped working, I though I bricked because I got the red light and blank screen at boot not even the A9 or android image, tried to use the toothpeek method and not even Android working logo, so I've being trying to flash it with different images and finally found one firmware that gave me a blue light, still not image at boot just blank screen, but after 10 minutes the box finally boot and show me the MX Welcome to setup the box. My problem is that after configuring everything and using the box successfully, once I take off the power it won't boot again, just blue light and blank screen. So it only works once after flashing and no taking out the power.

Comment

Hi all,

I flashed BenniBenassi's image all ok, but ever since then my usb mouse does not seem to work. When i say that, i've only been able to get it to work twice and it was very random. I tried changing the receiver to the different ports, no luck. One time i pressed cursor on the supplied remote and then tried to move the mouse and it worked, but this was after 30 minutes of the box being turned on. I've tried this solution since with no win.

Can anyone suggest anything to fix this side issue?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by alejobar View Post
                              kerikhaos thanks for your answer, my problem started when my box stopped working, I though I bricked because I got the red light and blank screen at boot not even the A9 or android image, tried to use the toothpeek method and not even Android working logo, so I've being trying to flash it with different images and finally found one firmware that gave me a blue light, still not image at boot just blank screen, but after 10 minutes the box finally boot and show me the MX Welcome to setup the box. My problem is that after configuring everything and using the box successfully, once I take off the power it won't boot again, just blue light and blank screen. So it only works once after flashing and no taking out the power.
                              it means your NAND is refusing to accept the firmware and once it restarts the recovery partition and possibly the bootup partition does not exist and therefor results in a 1 time boot up only.

Your only chance with this would be using the dexstar wipe files which you place in the root of an SD (a benni formatted sd card works best) and running this with toothpick method for about 10-20 mins till it force zeros the NAND. Then try flash with benni sd card with recovery files and see if it sticks. If it doesn't you need to go UART route.....we can provide this for you for 14 euros but you will need to cover delivery charges to and back.

What firmware version did you use which actually allowed your box to work once? What it an MBOX firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by mancmackem View Post
                                Hi all,

I flashed BenniBenassi's image all ok, but ever since then my usb mouse does not seem to work. When i say that, i've only been able to get it to work twice and it was very random. I tried changing the receiver to the different ports, no luck. One time i pressed cursor on the supplied remote and then tried to move the mouse and it worked, but this was after 30 minutes of the box being turned on. I've tried this solution since with no win.

Can anyone suggest anything to fix this side issue?

Cheers!
                                Again, this is related to a bad flash of the firmware where certain driver files to not attach correctly or don't run correctly during startup. What firmware are you using now and what firmware were you on before flashing to bennis 1.1.5??

Try using MBOX april 2014 firmware over at the vectordroid forum and see if you have better luck. If not your NAND is also choosing to be sticky and not allow installation of the firmware files. you will need UART also if the force flashing doesn't work or after if you try using dexstars wipe files for sd

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X