Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV4A-ATV 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 - ANDROIDTV VERSION)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdel313
    replied
    Majkool what model is your pcb?

Leave a comment:

• ch3mn3y
    replied
    Can be and probably is. Or it may be coz of heat? Than adding fan may be good idea. Or at least making holes in the case.

Leave a comment:

• majkool
    replied
    But often it can't start and when suddenly starts it just restart after 1 min? It can be not enough power from ac/dc adapter? I've 5V and 2A adapter.

Leave a comment:

• Abdel313
    replied
    You have your answer here

Many users have working on a fan or a cooling system

Leave a comment:

• majkool
    replied
    @Abdel313
    I have 27C in my room and I my box is really hot after 2/3h of watching some match in twitch.tv app so it's seems not an issue with firmware but with device itself or maybe it's defective with some pcb power problem.

Leave a comment:

• Abdel313
    replied
    With this rom i never had overheating or other issue

Leave a comment:

• majkool
    replied
    All clear, I'll test what is good for me.
    The sad thing is that my box is overheating or need more ampers because often after 2/3h of video/stream playing it just restart and can't be booted for some time even on stock firmware :/

Leave a comment:

• ch3mn3y
    replied
    This thread is about ATV rom, even in the title You have SCV4A-ATV and than ANDROIDTV VERSION
    If You, like me, prefer to have access to more apps, than use the other rom.

Leave a comment:

• majkool
    replied
    @ch3mn3y
    Thanks for clarification. So in this rom Play Store is ATV version not Normal?

Leave a comment:

• ch3mn3y
    replied
    majkool
    This one is Android TV, same one as in some Smart TVs, NVIDIA Shield or Xiaomi Mo Boxes.
    It's more "big screen and no touch" friendly. At least in theory.

Other one is same Android as in phones or tablets.

Difference, real one, is in Play Store. Apps which supports only normal Android may not be seen in this rom, but in the other one thay will be available. Apps with support for both will be available for both. And one for ATV will be available in Play Store for ATV rom.
    Most are in 1st group, than in 2nd and the smallest number of apps are ATV-only ones.
    That doesn't mean they won't work, as with .apk You may easily install them. But that has to be done with every update, manually (with apk from e.g. Apk Mirror) or with some other, unofficial, Android app store (Aptoide or something).

As there isn't many useful ATV-only apps I think Normal rom is better. But that's what I think.

Leave a comment:

• Abdel313
    replied
    That one is android tv and [ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset) is normal android

Leave a comment:

• majkool
    replied
    What's the difference between both fw? [ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset) and that one?

Leave a comment:

• maxumo
    replied
    Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
    Update app sometimes doesn't want to work. Just boot TWRP and flash it that way.
    I’ll give it a whirl - thanks

Leave a comment:

• ch3mn3y
    replied
    Update app sometimes doesn't want to work. Just boot TWRP and flash it that way.

Leave a comment:

• maxumo
    replied
    Trying to update from Version 3 to Version 4a

its been about 6 months since I last tinkered with the box and I’ve forgotten what I’m doing

So far i’ve downloaded the latest version, put it onto USB and tried updating it with the updater app.

The box box turns itself off put never turns back on

what am I doing wrong guys?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X