Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8/29/13 NEW MK908-android.4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2 Universal Rom Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pawelp35 View Post
    I have v3 and try every kernel from 2.2 version for v3 and any doesn't work. First couple time restart and then freeze on new start screen? Any suggestions?
    The most stable fw for MK908 v3 is still latest tronsmart stock rom for me...
    www.sacvideolari.com www.babatorik.com

Comment

Originally posted by pawelp35 View Post
      I have v3 and try every kernel from 2.2 version for v3 and any doesn't work. First couple time restart and then freeze on new start screen? Any suggestions?
      I find that if I unplug all from OTG / USB ports including the one for my air mouse, there is a higher chance that it won't freeze or restart on its own at the startup screen. That lead me to suspect that
      perhaps I need a powered USB hub to feed my USB devices since there are many complains that
      the stock power adapter does not supply enough power, which means with more devices loading it, it will be worse...

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
        I find that if I unplug all from OTG / USB ports including the one for my air mouse, there is a higher chance that it won't freeze or restart on its own at the startup screen. That lead me to suspect that
        perhaps I need a powered USB hub to feed my USB devices since there are many complains that
        the stock power adapter does not supply enough power, which means with more devices loading it, it will be worse...
        Oh yeah, it seems that after I get past the android logo, I can plug back the devices and it will work, so apparently if my theory is correct the insufficient power requirements happens only during boot up.

Or... perhaps I can be wrong and this is just due to some race conditions of sorts on boot up that manifested due to the USB devices.

Comment

Originally posted by EzerchE View Post
          The most stable fw for MK908 v3 is still latest tronsmart stock rom for me...
          I think there's on custom rom wifi is more stable
          Last edited by pawelp35; 09-19-2013, 12:39.

Comment

Condoleances

I'm very sorry about your loss.

My V3 goes very well with this rom and kernel-mk908-HW_V3 jjhkernel-v5.1-500MHz, 1080p. No freezes, runs very well with movies in 1080 included video player (or BS Player). Besides the wi-fi as well go and BT. No restart. No heat at all (default cooling). This is the best ROM I've tried so far.

And of course I found a few drawbacks:
            - Shutdown icon does not work.
            - Screenshot icon does not work.
            - Cannot set another GOVERNOR, (freeze, require force restart)
            - You cannot set the minimum frequency (to maximum or another step) of the processor. (freeze, require force restart)
            Last edited by TheDogg; 09-21-2013, 12:37.
            ROM - Tronsmart MK908 V3 Finless 1.4a ~Legitsu
            KERNEL - ddr720_CPU1600h_gpu600_MK908V3

Comment

my sincerest condolences on your lost

I just flashed your latest v3 build , running fine just a bit un-smooth in the app drawer and when i drag+drop app icons on the homescreen into folders . I flashed the basic rom as it given in the .rar . no modifiys on the kernels etc.

before i was running the MK908-V3-android-4.2.2-jjhmod-v1.0 (appdrawer and homescreen drag+drop wasnt "lagging" on moving) which worked very fine too, just had some jitter/micro lagging on Video on Demand stream from the VoD Provider " Watchever" (German version of Netflix if i can call it so) with the given app for it from the play store .

currently on some fast forwarding on the streams i didnt notice some jitter/micro lags (24p mode?) yet .
              but will keep you guys updated

btw

i use a RJ45 Ethernet to USB Adapter (clone of the white logilink one i guess) on it instead of WiFi for the internet connection and works very good (like the rom before too).

thank you for building v3 roms /bow

Comment

I was able to get a stable running system on the MK903 v3 with WIFI on by using the stock tronsmart image and then flashing only the system image from jjhmod-v2.2.
                Dunno about benchmark scores and full hd performance but at 720p, with wifi active, now its completely stable. Doesnt reboot or crash haphazardly.

Comment

Working Solution for V3

Use this V2.2 ROM but just use the kernel from the recent post about Finless 1.4 R2 for the MK908 V3...
                  ( Launch RKAndroid Tool and change the kernel... pick the one from the Finless 1.4 R2 post )

This way, my mk908 V3 is working as expected...

Ecze...

hoabycsr : Could be a good idea to update the package and to include also directly this kernel ...

Comment

Originally posted by ecze View Post
                    ( Launch RKAndroid Tool and change the kernel... pick the one from the Finless 1.4 R2 post )
                    on my v3 went really sucks. Image flickering, the screen goes black unexpectedly 2-3 seconds, reboot unexpectedly, plus the mouse pointer sucks bad. Moreover, the stick started after 4-5 attempts.
                    V2.2 is the best for rom my v3

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
                      on my v3 went really sucks. Image flickering, the screen goes black unexpectedly 2-3 seconds, reboot unexpectedly, plus the mouse pointer sucks bad. Moreover, the stick started after 4-5 attempts.
                      V2.2 is the best for rom my v3

here the same, bluetooth also no real funktion

Comment

Hello, by the way, i am Saani from Austria and am new here. I flashed this rom to my new MK908 (2 day old from geekbuying). But like other "1000" roms i flashed last 2 days, it won't work. It's starting and after 1-2 minutes rebooting. When i get it it was ok, but it had wlan problems, that's why i tryed to update it (geekbuying blog thread). But as i've seen, meny people from Freaktab also have a MK908 V3 (mine is also V3) and are happy with it. I also contacted GeekBuy but there is no answer. what else can I try? Witch rom/firmware/combination? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by ecze View Post
                          hoabycsr: Could be a good idea to update the package and to include also directly this kernel ...
                          Give the man some rest, mate... His daughter passed away.
                          (Once again, as a father, my deepest and sincere condolences for your loss. May she rest in peace.)

Comment

Originally posted by Saani View Post
                            Hello, by the way, i am Saani from Austria and am new here. I flashed this rom to my new MK908 (2 day old from geekbuying). But like other "1000" roms i flashed last 2 days, it won't work. It's starting and after 1-2 minutes rebooting. When i get it it was ok, but it had wlan problems, that's why i tryed to update it (geekbuying blog thread). But as i've seen, meny people from Freaktab also have a MK908 V3 (mine is also V3) and are happy with it. I also contacted GeekBuy but there is no answer. what else can I try? Witch rom/firmware/combination? Thx

MK908-android.4.2.2.jjhmod.v2.2.universal and kernel mk908-HW_V3-jjhkernel-v5.1-500mhz-720p
                            I got this: mk908-HW_V3-jjhkernel-v5.1-500mhz-1080p
                            if you put 1080 kernel must put 1080boot, the same for 720.
                            And here is the stock kernel

Comment

AW: 8/29/13 NEW MK908-android.4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2 Universal Rom Download!

Originally posted by Saani View Post
                              Hi saani, what is your location in Austria? I am Austrian as well and also wait for a good usable rom for my mk908v3 due to wifi problems with the stock firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                                Hi saani, what is your location in Austria? I am Austrian as well and also wait for a good usable rom for my mk908v3 due to wifi problems with the stock firmware.

I just installed the new firmware posted on geek... blog, now it's working, no startups. Wifi also works fine, but i am testing on my computer and my wlan router is under desk. And the newest firmware has only 720 resolution. But main thing, it works!
                                Last edited by Saani; 09-27-2013, 17:28. Reason: wrong quote position ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X