Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finless
    replied
    The Arnovas do not have iptables. Very common complaint. Not much I can do about it without kernel source.

I will add the BT drives and post a BETA TEST later today. Not feeling well today Iseem to have a cold or something.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• daddycool003
    replied
    bt dongle

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob
    Hi bob i have a few bt dongles knocking about and wouldnt mind testing for u

Leave a comment:

• hemix
    replied
    Problem with Droidwall

Hello Bob, I'm writing from Italy. I installed your ROM v.1.4 on my tablet Lazer 10.1, everything works fine. I installed Droidwall, but I had some problems making it work. When I enable the firewall, it gives me an error: Error applyng iptables rules. Exit code: 2 iptablesv1.4.10 iptables v1.4.10: can not initialize iptables table 'filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. How can I fix this? Another small question: Which button do I press to get into Recovery Mod?
    Sorry for my English ...
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    While I frown on people that return tablets they messed up, flashing a ROM is a fundamental function that should work. Suppose he was flashing the stock Arnova ROM per the Arnova web site? All in the limits of the warrenty! So custom ROM or not, a hardware failure is a hardware failure and should be taken care of.

Problem is based on others posts I have seen recently. It appears Arnova has stopped production of this tablet and none can be had anymore. The bummer is they may not have one to give him in it's place

Bob
    You are right , shop could not replace my g2 , so said i could pay the difference for another tab , and as this g2 was a good tester to find i liked tablets and they are useful i will do that. as i like the size etc was thinking of archos 101 g9 ( like the idea of gps as well for sat nav ) . do you guys have any thoughts about it

Leave a comment:

• H88RRY
    replied
    I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob
    I was on about 3g dongles. I can try them and see what happens. Not a big deal though as I'm on a unlimited data plan on my phone so I'm just tethering that

Leave a comment:

• mazzachief
    replied
    thanks for this bob

Bob
    one happy 11 year old

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied

Bob

Leave a comment:

• H88RRY
    replied
    Originally posted by H88RRY View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone could guide me on 3G support. I have a Huawei e160g and a ZTE mf112 dongle and just want help on getting these to run

any help will be greatly appreciated
    Anyone know about dongle support. I've searched over Google and only found support for the 8 tablet

Leave a comment:

• Daviwal
    replied
    10 g2 1.5 rom

Thank you for this. It is by far, the best ROM i have tried. Apps, such as Tweetdeck, that were incompatible before now work and everything runs much smoother than before. I have combined it with Nemus Launcher, which I think is the best launch and I am now very pleased with the result.
    a couple of questions I would like to ask, please.
    1. Is it possible to add Bluetooth to this tablet via a dongle.
    2. is it possible to remove the on screen volume controls, which are totally unnecessary in my opinion, and move the home key to that side. ( I keep touching it with my thumb when I hold the tablet horizontally).
    Thanks again for the great work.

Leave a comment:

• cybrshdw
    replied
    10b g2 rom

is there a 1.5 out yet for the 10bg2 ? resistive DT?

Leave a comment:

• aprimona
    replied
    1.5 rom...

Thanks Bob for great speedier ROM....works a treat!

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by Damo View Post
    True if somebody has been stupid doing things that these tablets are not designed to do than yes there responsible and should not dent manufacturers profits, but on the flip side if a tablet fails wether they put a custom Rom or the official one than it is the manufacturer that must be responsible, the problem been if you told them it was a custom firmware they put on it they would claim warranty void despite there hardware been at fault. It is just a shame they don't put more effort into making the firmware better so we would not need to flash custom Roms.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    But I an glad we do Bob because your Roms are the best!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Oh and one more thing. YOU DO NOT NEED TO HOLD THE RESET HOLE FOR A LONG TIME!!!!

All you need to do to get it into flash mode is hold volume up and just hit the reset for a second no more. You do not need to hold the reset hole!!!!!! While hold the volume up hit reset for a second and when windows DINGS release volume up. Now install drivers.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    True if somebody has been stupid doing things that these tablets are not designed to do than yes there responsible and should not dent manufacturers profits, but on the flip side if a tablet fails wether they put a custom Rom or the official one than it is the manufacturer that must be responsible, the problem been if you told them it was a custom firmware they put on it they would claim warranty void despite there hardware been at fault. It is just a shame they don't put more effort into making the firmware better so we would not need to flash custom Roms.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    OK well that is a good sign then! It means windows is seeing the tablet.

Some people mess up because they think every time they flash a ROM they must install drivers. Once the drivers are installed you never need to do that again ever!

Sounds to me like windows is messed up now for some reason and your not getting the drivers installed then. If windows complains then it is seeing the hardware! Work on the driver install issues.

Maybe do a windows restore to a previous date and try installing them again or try another PC.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X