X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
    Does Adobe Flash 11 really run on this thing? Dare I try it out?
    I have not tried it but at least 3 people now have confirmed it works.
    When Arnova made this new Kernel that must have updated it to support Flash 11 yet they did not say a damn thing about it!

However as you can see they took out the 3G support
    WHY?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
    Just finished flashing 1.5b on my Philly Arnova 10G2. First of all, the new splash screen is great, nice work Damo. Second of all, the concept of AppInjector is sheer brilliance. I wish stuff like this was around when I first started flashing ROM's a few years ago. Third of all, the new "Settings" is terrific. Finally, the Arnova is behaving like an Android tablet.

So far zero gotcha's. Was even able to use apk batch installer so that it took easily less than an hour to get back to pre-flash status.

BTW, I did figure out how to edit the packages.zip and .csv file so that I could plug what I wanted in via appinjector and take out what I had no intentions of ever returning to the tablet. Very elegant solution to a longstanding annoyance.

Wow Harold, thank you man

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• HaroldG
    replied
    Very impressive work, there.

Just finished flashing 1.5b on my Philly Arnova 10G2. First of all, the new splash screen is great, nice work Damo. Second of all, the concept of AppInjector is sheer brilliance. I wish stuff like this was around when I first started flashing ROM's a few years ago. Third of all, the new "Settings" is terrific. Finally, the Arnova is behaving like an Android tablet.

So far zero gotcha's. Was even able to use apk batch installer so that it took easily less than an hour to get back to pre-flash status.

BTW, I did figure out how to edit the packages.zip and .csv file so that I could plug what I wanted in via appinjector and take out what I had no intentions of ever returning to the tablet. Very elegant solution to a longstanding annoyance.

Leave a comment:

• MrWeelson
    replied
    OK, I've just re-flashed with 1.4.
    Without the 3g stick :
    Under 'Wireless & network settings' I have the wi-fi options and also 'Mobile Networks'.

Insert 3g stick :
    After 30 seconds or so the 3g strength indicator appears on the taskbar - like you get on phones.
    Then under 'Mobile Networks' I can click 'Access Point Names' and a whole list appears - I think these are loaded automatically from the 3g stick.
    After another few seconds a '3g' icon appears on the task bar, I can then launch a browser and connect to the interwebs.

I didn't have to do anything bar plug the 3g stick in.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    So I am uneducated on the 3G stuff.

On my 1.4 ROM your telling me some phone stuff shows up in settings?
    Or is it that you just plug in the 3G stick and it pops up?

Maybe explain to me how it all works and I can figure out what the deal is and what is missing?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MrWeelson
    replied
    Stock Philly rom flashed and there are no options for phone settings, under 'Wireless & networks' all I see are the Wi-fi options.
    Looks like 3g has been removed completely which explains a lot!

Not to worry, I can go back to the 1.4 rom no problem - looks like there's only me after 3g support anyway so no need to try with the Philly rom unless there's more demand. When/if you do get round to that I've no problem helping with testing.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Are you trying to flash the update.img Stock philly ROM from the Arnova web site?

If so you need the RKBatch tool not the RKAndroid tool for my rooted ROMs. When you use the RKBatch tool you must click the restore button not the update button.

Download that tool here

Also YOU DO NOT need to reinstall drivers every time. The drivers once install are done and will work with both tools.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MrWeelson
    replied
    Philly rom won't flash, just to check I'm doing it right :
    Boot in recovery mode and install device as 'rockusb' device
    Copy Philly rom into 'image' directory
    Erase IDB
    Run

I do this but the tablet doesn't reboot, the RKAndroid flash tool also stays on 'Found RKAndroid loader'

Am I missing something really obvious?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
    The re-flash to 1.5b went without issue.
    Still no luck with my Archos 3g stick, in settings 'Mobile Networks / APNs' is blank, 'Network operators / Search networks' and 'Select Automatically' both result in an error message : "Error while searching for networks"

Can't see anything in AppInjector apps that would make a difference.
    As Bob said in an earlier post, not sure if it's a problem with the original ROM or with Bob's amendments.

Would I be able to flash my non-Philly 10G2 with the Philly ROM to test this or would it brick my tablet?
    The philly ROM will not brick your device. So yes please try it and see if your 3G stick works. I would be flabbergasted if Arnova removed Archos 3G stick support from the new kernel vs the old 10G2. But nothing would suprise me.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MrWeelson
    replied
    The re-flash to 1.5b went without issue.
    Still no luck with my Archos 3g stick, in settings 'Mobile Networks / APNs' is blank, 'Network operators / Search networks' and 'Select Automatically' both result in an error message : "Error while searching for networks"

Can't see anything in AppInjector apps that would make a difference.
    As Bob said in an earlier post, not sure if it's a problem with the original ROM or with Bob's amendments.

Would I be able to flash my non-Philly 10G2 with the Philly ROM to test this or would it brick my tablet?

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrcapo View Post
    Will the Arnova 7 G2 be getting any of your 1.5 goodness??? Please
    Please post in the 7G2 forum for questions relating to your tab

Leave a comment:

• Mrcapo
    replied
    Will the Arnova 7 G2 be getting any of your 1.5 goodness??? Please

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by nighthaunt View Post
    And lol just read the above - is it worth upgrading from 1.5a to 1.5b?

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk
    Yes it is some bugs have been fixed in the settings so most definitely upgrade !!

Leave a comment:

• nighthaunt
    replied
    And lol just read the above - is it worth upgrading from 1.5a to 1.5b?

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jake608
    replied
    Ics

Originally posted by Damo View Post
    Jake you pretty excited with your Ics on your onda tablet it is great to use. My cube tablet is having loads of updates now from about 7 developers and it keeps getting better. I'm loving the Ics!

Sorry naughty me going off topic

Hey Damo there is no reason to issue an apology for discussing an Android tablet in a tablet forum! However you are so correct about ICS. Again prior to me buying my Onda the general opinion was the 2 best 4.0 tablets was the Cube and the Onda and it seems that is still the case today. Both tablets were almost identical in construction with the Cube having the edge with 10pt touch screen vs the 5pt touch of the Onda. an advantage for gaming that I did not need. I am just excited with the potential ahead for Android ICS. Just wait till the dual core arrives. As I said earlier, if we could add the speed of the unbloated Finless rom to either of these tablets I would be a happy camper. Best of both worlds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X