Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nighthaunt
    replied
    Thanks to finless for an incredible Rom - really moved my Arnova G2 10 tablet into a different league - and i was already impressed - just needed google calendar sync.

Also thanks to Damo cor his replies with the guide link for flashing - and I went with Business Calendar - it was exactly what I was looking for - spent today putting a years worth of shifts on and was so quick and easy.

Keep up the good work guys

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    UPDATE 4/2/2012. ROM is now 1.5b
    Google updated some apps today and yesterday
    Google Currents would not work on this ROM. I found I needed a library I did not have in the ROM.
    Petrus also improved on APP Injector! It is now faster and should better handle SDCard mounting issues.
    Miklaus updated the CLEAR Status Bar SystemUI and we have fixed all the force close on some system settings (that was my fault not Miklaus).
    Over all thanks to user input we believe all these issues are now fixed!

So I made a ROM update to solve these issues.

The same download links apply below. The new file name is
    arnova10g2_finless _v1_5b.zip
    So you know you have the new one.

Sorry to those that flashed 1.5 already. YOU WILL NEED to do a complete reflash if you want this update. Sorry but blame it on Google and myself!

The first post has been updated with the new link but here is the download link as well:

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 Finless Version 1.5 ROM (200 megs)

Enjoy and sorry for the small issues on the first release,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• neillmchi
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    You have it exactly right! The process you did will be right on when it comes time to restore after the 1.5 flash.

But please... We found a few bugs and what not thanks to user testing. Please wait a few more hours beofre flashing 1.5 as I will have a new kit that will solve the issues and be even better!

Bob
    Glad I made my way to the end here, was just about to ask about the download link not working :-)

Looking forward to trying this out!

-Neill.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    You have it exactly right! The process you did will be right on when it comes time to restore after the 1.5 flash.

But please... We found a few bugs and what not thanks to user testing. Please wait a few more hours beofre flashing 1.5 as I will have a new kit that will solve the issues and be even better!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jem111111
    replied
    back up using titanium ??

Hi guys , I would like some help please , as i'm kind of new to this whole flashing thing. I successfully flashed my new 10 g2 to bobs excellent 1.4 ROM , but now i'm getting itchy fingers again.Now obviously i have lots of stuff on my 10 g2 , and i've read somewhere about backing up with titanium. i've loaded titanium and did a batch backup of apps and data, ( read somewhere thats the way to do it) so where do i go now. Is it ok to take out my sd card , flash the 1.5 ROM, install sd card and hey presto all is good , or am i missing something here.
    Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Jake you pretty excited with your Ics on your onda tablet it is great to use. My cube tablet is having loads of updates now from about 7 developers and it keeps getting better. I'm loving the Ics!

Sorry naughty me going off topic

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jake608
    replied
    Update 1.5

You missed something somhow. I have on skype watched 4 people now follow my procedure. It worked for them no issues.

Daman used Windows 8 to copy the files and it did not work. So you did not "really" get package.zip onto your root /sdcard. Sorry but you did not or it was not copied right.

REMEMBER THIS! REBOOT after flash! Your SD Card will be the internal one and on a reboot anything you put in there will be gone on reboot!

I think Daman did this as well without rebooting after the flash!

Try again please.
    Bob
    Hey Bob, you were correct I did miss something. It was not in the video that I missed and was installing the app injector. I copied the file from your rom package directly to both the flash root and the sd root but would still not install. Finally I found out what I was missing. The step was to "open" the app injector file and copy separate the 2 files to the root. This is what I missed. I just copied the file to root and when I opened on the tablet both files showed up, however when trying to open the actual app the files were not there. Just a step that was not on the video and I missed. Now everything is where it was supposed to be and the rom is "smoking" my G2 I had to put chains on because it is so fast!!! Thanks a bunch and I do not know if you can make it any better than what it is now! LOVE IT!

Now for my Onda Vi40, they just released another rom for it and it just keeps getting better and better with less 4.0ICS bugs with each release! My G2 is fast and the more apps written for 4.0 it will be improved and cleaner. I cannot wait for you to get one and get me a Finless rom for it!! If I could put the 1.5a rom on that tablet, Apple would be running for cover!! I have an iPhone4 and use it a lot less now and I was never an Android believer until now! Keep up the good work and GREAT JOB! to all the contributors for this magnificent ROM!

PS>>>> Get busy on the OndaVi40, you will not be disappointed. I know you cannot wait to get your fingers into Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to see how it ticks! LOL
    thanks again to all.

Leave a comment:

• Miklaus
    replied
    Originally posted by jamieb158 View Post
    I have had no issues at all. Install was flawless, runs sweet as a nut and gplay is fine. What do you think go with rev b or leave it?

If you don't have any of the issues mentioned, you don't need to do anything, just enjoy

Leave a comment:

• jamieb158
    replied
    I have had no issues at all. Install was flawless, runs sweet as a nut and gplay is fine. What do you think go with rev b or leave it?

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    I will be releasing a REV B today to solve some of the issues that poped up in settings.apk as well as fix some more app injector google apps that have changed......

The STUPID phone.apk that I removed from the ROM was causing all the issues. It simply cannot be removed EVEN IF you inject it back later with App Injector. It seems that some databases are not being setup on first boot if Phone.apk is not there.

So we now see why some things are left in the ROM by the manufacturer even though we think there is no use for them!!! Lesson learned...

All the testing I did, I still missed some stuff

Anyway Rev B will be out soon.

Bob
    Thanks Bob, will re flash tonight :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    I will be releasing a REV B today to solve some of the issues that poped up in settings.apk as well as fix some more app injector google apps that have changed......

The STUPID phone.apk that I removed from the ROM was causing all the issues. It simply cannot be removed EVEN IF you inject it back later with App Injector. It seems that some databases are not being setup on first boot if Phone.apk is not there.

So we now see why some things are left in the ROM by the manufacturer even though we think there is no use for them!!! Lesson learned...

All the testing I did, I still missed some stuff

Anyway Rev B will be out soon.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• snakekiller
    replied
    Originally posted by merculiv View Post
    I just updated my flash player in market and 11 works perfectly!

Thanks for this great ROM Bob and team! Its the best out there for the Arnova 10G2! : )
    confirmed updated and works perfect

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Progress this AM. The settings stuff will be fixed! It was not Miklaus' fault it was mine. SOmething I removed in debloat caused his settings.apk to have those 2 issues.

As for the force close on gplay, again Google made some updates so I will fixing those as well.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• psm9
    replied
    Just flashed mine this morning.

The new ROM is great! I rebooted twice after flashing it.

When I ran the AppInjector - I got a few errors with some of the Google Apps - "Google Play has stopped working". When I clicked "Force Close", the App Injector kept running. It happened a few times.
    When it finished, no apps seemed to be installed.
    I rebooted and they were all there. So, it worked fine, despite the error messages.

I also get a few force closes in the settings menu. Nothing major.

Thanks to all who worked on this!

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by aturner View Post
    Yep, turning on USB mode did the trick, not had to use this previously. Your a star!!
    We got there in the end! :thumbup:

Now have some fun on your tab

Leave a comment:

Working...
X