No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EASY.... whatever you are using to unzip is not making good files!!!!

What Windows are you on? Using some other ZIP program? Or you have a virus!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply. I am using Windows 7 x64 and using Windows Explorer to extract the files. Also I am using Microsoft Security Essentials as my AntiVirus. I am currently building my laptop with Windows XP to see whether it allow me to flash successfully.

Thanks
      Kash

Comment

Don't use windows explorer.
        Use 7zip or winrar
        And i bet problem solved

Verstuurd van mijn Freaktab met Tapatalk
        if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

I've tried to flash many times with my Windows 7 64bit desktop without ever having success. My 32bit Windows 7 laptop works after two or three attempts. I have a net book running Windows 7 Starter that absolutely never fails to connect. At work, I have an XP desktop that also never fails to connect.

There definitely is a windows 7 issue with the rockchip tools.

I just carry that net book with me in the case with my tablet in case I need to flash one of my tablets.

Randy
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I've tried to flash many times with my Windows 7 64bit desktop without ever having success. My 32bit Windows 7 laptop works after two or three attempts. I have a net book running Windows 7 Starter that absolutely never fails to connect. At work, I have an XP desktop that also never fails to connect.

There definitely is a windows 7 issue with the rockchip tools.

I just carry that net book with me in the case with my tablet in case I need to flash one of my tablets.

Randy
            I never had an issue with Win7 64 bit - once I'd figured out to turn off the setting that tells Windows to install drivers automatically that is!

Comment

Bob
              Hi Bob
              I tried to flash using Windows XP 32bit. Unzip version 2.2 rom files using Winrar. This is a new built laptop with no AntiVirus. So nothing interfering with flashing tool. Erased IDB without any issues. I see message writing data to flash,Size[308632]K,Written[308216]K the issue start. May be some hardware fault.
              Log file says
              Error:Compare system file failed
              Error:Check system file failed
              Error: Download file failed
              Error:Run failed
              Error:Image thread failed

Thanks
              Kash

Comment

Your still having some problem flashing? This time the error seems a little different. Sorry I do not know why?

Try going into your BIOS for the laptop and set USB to legacy or turn off "high speed USB" etc...

Otherwise, maybe your Tablet has some problem with USB? Bad cable maybe?

Bob

Comment

Your still having some problem flashing? This time the error seems a little different. Sorry I do not know why?

Try going into your BIOS for the laptop and set USB to legacy or turn off "high speed USB" etc...

Otherwise, maybe your Tablet has some problem with USB? Bad cable maybe?

Bob
                  Hi Bob
                  Finally I manage to install your rom v2.1 and it is amazingly fast. I set USB to legacy and flashing was successfully completed. Thanks for your help.

CWM Recovery is working and I managed to backup the tablet. So far there is NO issues. Thank you Bob for an EXCELLENT Rom and above all Swift support from Bob and members of this forum.

Thanks
                  Kash
                  Last edited by KashS; 07-19-2012, 14:10.

Comment

I feel like a late comer to the 10g2 party--but better late than never! I just picked mine up other other day, on clearance (didn't get a fantastic deal, but I'm comfortable with what I paid). I replaced my well used Coby Kyros 7015 (rooted, etc) with the Arnova 10 g2 and am quite happy. I flashed the 1.5c ROM onto the Arnova and couldn't believe the speed increase--then I took advantage of the 1g of app space, now boot time is up to a minute give or take (but still boots up faster than my laptop running kubuntu or Win7 ). I hope folks still work on improving it. Great Job!!!

Will there be anymore 1.5 ROM releases?

Comment

Your also on an old rom now

Try my 2.1 CWM Gingercomb! Boot time will not get longer as you install apps and it is even faster!

Bob

Comment

I just finished running the v6.sh script on the 2.2 Pro

Comment

Thank You

Thank you Bob and all that are involved with the 1.5 package. I was able to install this last night and it made a big difference in the tablet. The only problem that I did run across was when I was trying to flash the rom. Even though it did install the drivers, which could be seen in the device manager, when you ran the flash tool it didn't see the tablet. The problem was that I had the tablet plugged into a usb 3.0 socket. As soon as I switched it to a usb 2.0 socket it worked fine. Hope this helps. Once again, thank you very much for all your hard work.

Comment

This question has nothing to do with the ROM. My Philly Arnova 10 G2 seems to be unable now to detect any Wi-Fi. I have tried it both at home and work, both of which have strong signals, and no networks are detected.

Prior to this, I had been getting frequent disconnects in those settings. Now, nothing at all.

Seems this may be headed for the trash heap, unless someone here has any ideas. It has Finless 1.5c on it, fwiw.

Thanks!

Comment

Question for Bob &amp; Iplayer &amp; Flash??

Hi Bob,

I've been doing plenty of reading through the forums recently, and after a lot of thought decided to try out one of your Rom's.

I have a 10G2 8GB that has only been flashed with the updated firmware that Arnova put out on there website, When I noticed that they had updated the f/w for the Philadelphia Inquirer, I couldn't understand why they have left the 10G2 behind.

That's when I came upon your Rom, I just had a couple of questions, could you please link me to the latest version that plays BBC iplayer properly, and also flash 11.1 (I think).

I am unsure if your Rom is 1.5c, d or e..... hence my question. I see you have made many Rom's for other people, but I am only really interested in the latest version that is using the more up to date Inquirer f/w.

The only other thing I have done with my 10G2 was to use gerry's rootless fix for market place, but there are many items that are not listed when I have searched for them, yet when I have searched for them on my mates samsung tablet (which is simless) the same items show up.
                              So I am hoping your version will give me better access to market place.

Any advice would be appreciated, or if there is anything else I can answer before I flash please ask as it may be important.

really appreciate any help given
                              sadsack

Comment

maybe i can answer your question for you if i recall correctly so far bbc iplayer has been a issue throughout the roms for some reason and you mentioned the 1.5 rom you should try Bobs 2.1 gingercombits really nice and smooth plus will give you full market access i hope that helps cheers
                                freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Working...
                                X