Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot up time

My boot up time is 126 seconds! Is that usual? It's not a huge deal however...

Comment

Is that with all your apps loaded?

Remember with. Android the more apps you load the greater the boot time.

A few pointers don't move apps to your sd card, this will make boot up time longer use your sd for videos pictures etc.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Hi Damo - yes, with quite a few apps loaded but even when I first loaded up this app, it was quite slow on my new-ish tablet. Like I say, not a problem and I will make sure I delete some apps which I'm not using

Also, I've downloaded the older version of Skype. I did a test call to their Echo/Sound Test Service and it doesn't appear that I can hear myself back. Wonder why?

Originally posted by Damo View Post
        Is that with all your apps loaded?

Remember with. Android the more apps you load the greater the boot time.

A few pointers don't move apps to your sd card, this will make boot up time longer use your sd for videos pictures etc.

Comment

Very first boot after flashing will be slow. It is setting up the OS.

Next boot should be so fast you wouldnt believe it.

After using app injector if you installed everything in the list expecially those that inject as user apps, it will slow down boot.

As Damo said. The more apps you install from the market or side install, the slower and slower ther tablet gets. This is normal for Android.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
            I'll see if I can put together a small app to do that. That can't be hard.
            If you write a script that does this, you could use a script app which permits creation of widgets. E.g. Script Manager.
            Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
            HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
            Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Strangely, all boots since the first one have been slower than shown on your video. I do remember now that when I first flashed your rom, when it came to the App Injector bit, I didn't have a few boxes to tick that you showed. I can't remember now until I have a look at the video which bits were missing

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Very first boot after flashing will be slow. It is setting up the OS.

Next boot should be so fast you wouldnt believe it.

After using app injector if you installed everything in the list expecially those that inject as user apps, it will slow down boot.

As Damo said. The more apps you install from the market or side install, the slower and slower ther tablet gets. This is normal for Android.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sushiewushie View Post
                Hi. Nice and easy to flash this rom, so thank you.
                One of the reasons I bought this Arnova 10 G2 tablet was to use it for Skype and Google+ hangouts. Sadly it doesn't seem to work. Any tips on how to make it work? If it doesn't work, I may well sell my Arnova tablet
                Cant help with Google+ as I have not used it bt people have said it works!

Use this Skype version which does work

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ighlight=skype
                Bob
                Originally posted by sushiewushie View Post
                Thanks for your quick reply Bob. Stupid question, but will the older version of Skype install itself OK? I notice it's a zip file. Thanks

Thanks guys. Very helpful. New (old) version of Skype installed. Just need to try it out properly on someone. The other question (and I'm sorry to harp on!) is on Google Talk, I'm not getting any video chat settings coming up, so it seems I can't talk to people using the FF camera. Is there an up-to-date Talk apk you have, or should I use a gapps apk from somewhere? Sorry, you can tell I don't really know all this stuff but you help to make this tablet more usable

Comment

When I made that ROM talk was up to date with the latest. If it has been updated then going to the MArket and clikcing "my apps" will show you available updates.

I do not believe the talk we have for gingerbread supports camera?

Bob

Comment

When I made that ROM talk was up to date with the latest. If it has been updated then going to the MArket and clikcing "my apps" will show you available updates.

I do not believe the talk we have for gingerbread supports camera?

Bob
                    Thanks Bob - aaah, I see. I'm used to seeing it on my HTC Desire HD (even though I have no FF camera on it) so I assumed a tablet with FF cam would have the ability to use it if that makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuggy View Post
                      2nd that Bob! Petrus, maybe you should offer this button to a greater public thru the Google Playstore. Just a suggestion
                      You'll make many people happy with this. All the simple ideas became great ones
                      Thanks
                      In fact I have a developper account on google for some time now, but never made something worth publishing. In fact that one could be worth it

I wondered if I should put my AppInjector on the market, but, now it is too complicated to work with it for basic users. When I see the huge number of negative comments "superuser" has from people that don't read the description, I think I should keep AppInjector only here for people that want to learn

But, as soon as I have some widget to test to hide the taskbar, you guys on freaktab will have it, and if I publish it, I'll make sure to put freaktab community in the credits

Comment

Well done Petrus your the man :thumbup:

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                        </form>

Comment

3g ?

Bob, when i had my NB7 (and i was so jealous of you 10G2 guys) i remember reading about you guys using 3g sticks, and my question is does this rom have any 3g support and if so what do i need to do to utilize it, My job takes me ou tand about quite a bit and the wifi in my area can be very spotty having a constant 3g network available would be very usefull to me . thanks

Comment

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
                            Bob, when i had my NB7 (and i was so jealous of you 10G2 guys) i remember reading about you guys using 3g sticks, and my question is does this rom have any 3g support and if so what do i need to do to utilize it, My job takes me ou tand about quite a bit and the wifi in my area can be very spotty having a constant 3g network available would be very usefull to me . thanks
                            Honestly I do not know as I do not have a 3G stick myself. I simply added the kernel modules to support it. I have no idea what sticks for sure are supported but it is the Hauwai brand of 3G sticks.

Bob

Comment

1st post

hey all awsome rom thank you ! as for 3g dongles and stuff surley most have a 3g phone to create a wifi hot spot and tether your g2 to your mobile ( i have sgs2 ) again thanks guys if you need anything testing i can give some time ....mark b

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks again everyone this 1.5c is great, can Iask a couple of questions?

Do I need to refraim from updating flash I know this 1.5c fine on 11 but should I ressist future updates, and will bbciplayer etc. eventually stop working after future updates?
                                Same for skype I have the working version 20047 and my understanding is don't update?
                                I am getting an error saying it cant update su binary for superuser, if this is normal can i stop the notification?

The three apps mentioned, if they should not be updated can I stop the market from picking up there presence? Ithought there was something in Titanium backup about this but can't find it now!!

Thanks for any help,

adrian

Comment

Working...
                                X