No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I did erase IDB and I did check the loader box (before clicking erase IDB). I just tried again and waited and still I have a dark screen (it is bricked again).. There were no red eroor messages while flashing. I did get through the "reboot and go into recovery screen and format the system." I let it continue for now 8 minutes and nothing further has happened. I have left the tablet plugged into the computer during this whole process. Do I need to unplug it for the final reboot/boot process? any other suggestions? Also the offset box next to loader is empty, is that right? thanks again for the help.

Comment

Are you able to flash back to the stock ROM?

It appears that even though the flash tool reports no errors, it is obviously not getting flashed properly.
      The ROM works. Many have used it already.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Yep I am able to flash back to the original ROM. I have no doubt that your ROM works, I'm pretty confident the problem is a user error somewhere, I just can't figure out what I have done wrong... I will try it again fresh later and see if somehow I do something different. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Download the kit again and extract it again. Something may have gotten messed up with one of the files.

Bob

Comment

Many, many thanks

Just finished the install on this, and what a treat!! The installer is a lot easier to use with this rom, and now my arnova is lightening quick!!
            Had previously a ICS rom,but everything kept freezing, so this is a blessing, thanks for all the hard work Bob.

I am now really tempted to start looking into android myself as most people I know are Ipad users

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by krafte View Post
              I have been trying to install the 1.5 version on my Arnova 10 G2 Philly, and it has bricked it every time. Any suggestions?? I watched the video and followed the directions on the readme file to the letter... any help? I would really like to successfully flash my tablet with this ROM!!!!
              The other day i was flashing Rom 2.0 from Rom 1.5 and just like you stated i "thought i had bricked my tab cause all i got was a black screen and i looked at the flash tool and it said all was fine, so i reflashed but this time i got stuck/hung in a loop at the animation screen, and i went into panic mode, but then i thought like Bob said that one of my files must of had gotten corrupted somehow so i went back, DELETED all of the files from the ROM and re-downloaded the ROM, Did another flash with the "NEW" files and "VWALLA, PRESTO, CHANGEO" my Tab was operating back to normal again, try deleting the entire file that your flashing from re-download it and try flashing again. IT WORKED FOR ME! Good Luck!

Comment

Help with 10G2 sudden fault

Hi all, I hope your wisdom can save my tablet.

I have been running Finless ROM 1.5b for several months on my Arnova 10G2 without any problem. This morning, the tablet was very sluggish and it took several seconds for any screen press to register and launch applications. I rebooted the tablet and the problem was the same. I shut down the table and now it will not even reboot! when on AC, the green light shows full charge. I tried reset, nothing' I tried recovery mode on my computer, nothing either! The tablet does not show as hard drive in windows explorer, whereas it is recognised as a Rockship device in the device manager.

I attempted several times to flash the ROM again and the RKAndroidTool detects the device; I am able to successfully erase the IDB. However, when running the tool, I have the following messages:
                "Download Boot OK"
                "start to test device"
                "test device OK"
                "start to download IDB"
                "ERROR Download IDB failed"

I then attempted to flash the original factory ROM using the Rockship batch tool (with appropriate drivers) but then again, the tool shows a BLUE square (not green or pink) and when clicking Upgrade, it fails for IDB.

I am at a loss what to do now. I have flashed this tablets many times without any problem and need your advice.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

On the RKBatch tool use restore not upgrade. Sometimes that will work. If not sorry to say sounds like you had a hardware failure

Bob

Comment

Bluetooth

Hello Bob, I have installed the Rom 1,5 and it works very fine. Very thanks for the very good work. Only one question, is possible insert inte the ROM 1.5c the BT driver for handle the BT stick? regards

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      On the RKBatch tool use restore not upgrade. Sometimes that will work. If not sorry to say sounds like you had a hardware failure

Bob
                      Ha, yes, I had tried that as well, with the same outcome. Thanks very much Bob. I guess that with a rooted tablet I won't have a chance of refund or replacement, as it voids the warranty

Comment

Well if it is dead and hardware failed, they wont know you rooted it. Rooting was not the cause. A hardware failure is worth returning it for a refund. Heck you could have been flashing a stock update ROM from the manufacturer when the flash ROM failed.

Bob

Comment

Like a new Tablet - Thank You

I've just tried this ROM and am thrilled - it's like my 10G is a whole new device.

So I wanted to say a big thank you to Bob, and to Petrus, and to anyone else who contributed. You guys are great & I really appreciate what you have done.

Only after I'd installed this did I see the "GingerComb" http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-Version-2-0. I've now flashed with this and am even more impressed, just working through a few niggles but overall looks FANTASTIC!

Thanks a lot guys
                          Last edited by spangle; 06-05-2012, 12:38. Reason: linked to GingerComb thread

Comment

gracias

Comment

Hey Bob, just wanted to express my thanks to you and Petrus for the 1.5c ROM. Great bit of work, flashed it this morning and I'm really happy with all the improvements. The AppInjector thing is pure genius, much beter than the 'fixes' for Google play that TOPTSNBM* are telling people to carry out.

I'd previously been using your old 1.1 ROM but managed to brick my tablet while playing around with some other firmware from somewhere else, so I thought that was an ideal opportunity to install something new and fresh.

* The Other Place That Shall Not Be Named

Comment

You are aware of the 2.0 rom? I thought 1.5 was cool. Til this!

The best things in life.... Arent things.

Comment

Working...
                                X