X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by mike808 View Post
    ...this box's firmware has both bottom bar and top bar as well, firmware is dated: 20190507. I wonder if that's the latest one or there is a newer one available. When checking with update apk, it states that I have the latest version.
    That is latest version of official "Tanix" branded firmwares the 20190507 release, and is what I loaded into my box, in my opinion it is the best firmware version to date.

Can someone tell me how I can get into the "more settings" of this android version, seems like there is no option for that. This box is running android 9.0 Pie.
    The easy way to get into "More Settings" the Basic Android Settings is to use Air-Mouse click Status-Bar to see Notification Window then Drag the Bar to see all the Quick-Settings tiles and Click the Settings Cog to enter Android Settings.

Or if using the stock remote and can't use Drag function, use Buttom Mapper app to program a hot-key so you can activate the Quick-Settings to open by a 'long-press' of a number key then can use mouse via D-pad toggle to select the Settings Cog.

Leave a comment:

• mike808
    replied
    Ok, got one of mine that I ordered 4/64 version, from gearbest. The bottom of the box states it's a TX6-H version, has both bluetooth and dual wifi. AliceUX gui, works pretty well, no issues with overheating etc., Installed Kodi and it works well as well, plays 4K video flawlessly. Installed STBEmu and latest version of IPTV Smarters Pro and that works good as well. I'm pretty satisfied with this box, I haven't experience any issues as of yet. Also this box's firmware has both bottom bar and top bar as well, firmware is dated: 20190507. I wonder if that's the latest one or there is a newer one available. When checking with update apk, it states that I have the latest version. Can someone tell me how I can get into the "more settings" of this android version, seems like there is no option for that. This box is running android 9.0 Pie.

Leave a comment:

• tripper22
    replied
    Originally posted by idontknowJON View Post
    Tanix tx6 arrived today, first time using android tv, sound not working anywhere, tried updating no update found, fml
    Some hdmi cables suck. Try a different one.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Guest i was thinking about getting one of these box's but....you are saying you got a new one and it has problems?..does everyone that owns one of these Tanix TX6 have problems?

not sure if i should get a Tanix TX6

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tanix tx6 arrived today, first time using android tv, sound not working anywhere, tried updating no update found, fml

Leave a comment:

• Bimbo80
    replied
    true

Leave a comment:

• tripper22
    replied
    Originally posted by mike808 View Post
    I wish I had read this thread before ordering two of these boxes, they're already on their way, I got the 4/64 version with dual wifi and bluetooth. The only things I'm interested in running on these is stbemu and kodi, anyone have any problems running those two apks on this box?
    I have two of these boxes and you will be fine. Great value for the money.

Hikvision helped me. He told me this: I personally love Android 9, I recommend 20190613.
    To do this, you need to fill in the software 20190506 and update the OTA zip 20190613.

Or, good software android 7 - 20190625. To do this, fill in the software 20190123 and update the OTA "by air" to 20190625.

I took his recommendation and installed Android 9 and the update. Everything is working great.

Leave a comment:

• tripper22
    replied
    Duplicate post. Mods please delete.
    Last edited by tripper22; 07-31-2019, 20:55.

Leave a comment:

• mike808
    replied
    I wish I had read this thread before ordering two of these boxes, they're already on their way, I got the 4/64 version with dual wifi and bluetooth. The only things I'm interested in running on these is stbemu and kodi, anyone have any problems running those two apks on this box?

Leave a comment:

• Hikvision
    replied
    Originally posted by kruijf View Post

Witch box do you use now?
    TX5 MAX, I'm waiting for Ali - X2 Cube (ugoos)

Leave a comment:

• kruijf
    replied
    Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
    Witch box do you use now?

Leave a comment:

• kruijf
    replied
    Originally posted by suoko View Post
    Maybe it's just a question of build.prop or root.
    Are you able to upload somewhere the build.prop file of the x96? I want to try to pretend my tx6 is an x96 and see if the official Netflix works this way.
    Also another question, is the x96 rooted?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk
    I cant help you whit the build.prop file of the x96, i dont have the time on the moment.
    yes the x96 is rooted.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
    Everything is simple.
    The problem occurs if the box TX6 and firmware Tanix TX6. or vice versa, boxing Tanix TX6 and firmware TX6.
    Checked a million times, the firmware method has nothing to do with it
    Click image for larger version

Name:	firmware TX6.jpg
Views:	2219
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	779532
    Disagree, if switching first from Tanix firmware to TX6. Which I have done and then I switched back to Tanix version from having a TX6 version installed, and never had to re-register MAC again. Possible the problem is with the units that come with TX6 version of firmware to begin with, my device was a Tanix firmware to start.

Leave a comment:

• suoko
    replied
    Originally posted by kruijf View Post

There is a guide on the kodi forum but you can find it also true google, dont take the netflix repro from tvaddons.co that one is not working.
    i dont know whitch netflix apk it is on the x96 mini, so far i know is that the app from the playstore, and the tx6 and the netflix from the playstore is not working its not compatible.
    Maybe it's just a question of build.prop or root.
    Are you able to upload somewhere the build.prop file of the x96? I want to try to pretend my tx6 is an x96 and see if the official Netflix works this way.
    Also another question, is the x96 rooted?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Hikvision
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    I don't know why everybody keeps running into the problem.
    Everything is simple.
    The problem occurs if the box TX6 and firmware Tanix TX6. or vice versa, boxing Tanix TX6 and firmware TX6.
    Checked a million times, the firmware method has nothing to do with it
    Click image for larger version

Name:	firmware TX6.jpg
Views:	2219
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	779532

Leave a comment:

Working...
X