Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Netflix error tvq pb 103 (2.10.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paposeco View Post

Looks good but can't find anywhere that it is netflix certified...
    Await trebor to gets his hands on one and test out

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
      OT: Just out of curiosity, in what case is Coreelec better than the Shield? Unfortunately I don't own a Shield but I thought it was the perfect device... I have a S905x device with Coreelec, and I'm wondering what it can run better than a munch more expensive box
      The Shield is about 97% perfect, but still has some issues. I don't recall which movie I was trying to watch on it yesterday (hell to get old), but it had minor jerkiness. I had to switch to my CoreELEC box. As you are aware, CoreELEC will play ** EVERYTHING **. My movies have a variety of different encoding formats, and only my Zidoo X9S and my Shield will play all of them natively. None of my Amlogic boxes running Android will play my movies encoded with the VC-1 codec,but these boxes running LibreELEC or CoreELEC will play them flawlessly.

I guess to answer your questing simply, depending upon your needs, and apps that you use, the Shield WILL replace your CoreELEC box.

I have a 65" Samsung 4k TV, and a mid-range Yamaha AVR that plays ALL the audio codecs, including the HD audio codecs.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The Shield is about 97% perfect, but still has some issues. I don't recall which movie I was trying to watch on it yesterday (hell to get old), but it had minor jerkiness. I had to switch to my CoreELEC box. As you are aware, CoreELEC will play ** EVERYTHING **. My movies have a variety of different encoding formats, and only my Zidoo X9S and my Shield will play all of them natively. None of my Amlogic boxes running Android will play my movies encoded with the VC-1 codec,but these boxes running LibreELEC or CoreELEC will play them flawlessly.

I guess to answer your questing simply, depending upon your needs, and apps that you use, the Shield WILL replace your CoreELEC box.

I have a 65" Samsung 4k TV, and a mid-range Yamaha AVR that plays ALL the audio codecs, including the HD audio codecs.
        Wouldn't Plex for example with the transcoding option, should you use it, theoretically sort that out?

Comment

Originally posted by paposeco View Post

Wouldn't Plex for example with the transcoding option, should you use it, theoretically sort that out?
          I don't recall which app I tried to play it with. With my Shield, I primarily use Emby for my media play back. I have the Plex pass, but rarely use Plex.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks... So in the end, Coreelec is perfect for playing files stored locally. I do like Coreelec, it runs so smooth as opposed to Kodi! I just don't like that many extensions (and some skins) are far from perfection

Comment

I don't recall which app I tried to play it with. With my Shield, I primarily use Emby for my media play back. I have the Plex pass, but rarely use Plex.
              Ron, do you have an image created for S912 box like M8S Pro L ? Loaded with all the apps? I sure would want to test it .

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Ron, do you have an image created for S912 box like M8S Pro L ? Loaded with all the apps? I sure would want to test it .
                What apps??

Comment

What apps??
                  Cyberflix maybe? Nah, never mind. 17.6 Kodi would be preferable to 18 to me.

Comment

540p looks very bad on Mecool compare with 1080p on Ps3. Mecool is useless for Netflix now.

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There are only 3 AndroidTV devices compatible with Netflix now and they are the Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mi and Jetstream 4K box.
                      In some countries, cable tv companies also have their own AndroidTV devices compatible with Netflix 4K if they signed a $5m a year deal with Netflix.
                      I don't think Mecool will ever have better Netflix again as they are on Google and Netflix's blacklists I guess.

And now Netflix has blacklisted Apple devices.

Comment

@mo123 from this it looks, however, that more than three - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...atible_devices

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The wikipedia link still says Wetek plays Netflix, but it isn't the case anymore.

Here are all the Netflix compatible devices.

The Xiaomi Mi and Jetstream 4K seems to be the only devices missing from that list.

My Wetek HUB with Ricardo 2.4.1 AndroidTV rom still plays Netflix in HD fine with the standard Netflix app from the Google Play store.

Comment

I have m8s pro L. Google banned this device. Wiat for patch or throw away to trash this device ?

Comment

Originally posted by tomeksup View Post
                          I have m8s pro L. Google banned this device. Wiat for patch or throw away to trash this device ?
                          Why would you trash it ?
                          It still runs iptv, cyberflix, kodi, bee tv and a ton of other apps.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Why would you trash it ?
                            It still runs iptv, cyberflix, kodi, bee tv and a ton of other apps.
                            Yup don't throw it away.
                            Sell it and buy something else.

Went for the Shield. Bit overkill, but still... worth every damn last penny.

Comment

Working...
                            X