Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crendore
    replied
    Originally posted by rolandoq View Post
    Disregard my last post as it works now. Instead of using the crappy windows 1.37 rkflash, I used rkflashtool on linux and it booted! Hooray!
    Oh man, you figured it out!? we had the exact same problem! I am still stuck i can't figure out what hex to use for offset and for size when writing the system.img ....

When i dump parm.bin i get this:

CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

Where for system it just says '-' what do i use for that?

Alok, do you know?

Edit: figured it out. - means the rest of the space basically, so you take the total size of system.img divide by 512 and convert to hex. done.
    Last edited by crendore; 12-03-2013, 00:21. Reason: figured it out

Leave a comment:

• ionutz
    replied
    finaly work on mk908

After some time and many attempts finally picuntu works on mk908. some problems with flash player but can expect will solve this problem. Thank you all for contributing to this issue and hope to resolve

Leave a comment:

• crendore
    replied
    So stuck...

Thank you for this awesome installer!

But I am seriously stuck and was hoping someone might be able to help. Yes i have searched the forums, yes i have read this whole thread and other threads.

I followed the instructions exactly and installed this onto my brand new MK802 IV. The flashing goes fine, and then it begins to boot. But then the boot gets stuck at:
    Init: failed to spawn hostname main process: unable to execute: Exec format error
    Init: failed to spawn plymoth main process: unable to execute: Exec format error
    Init: failed to spawn hwclock main process: unable to execute: Exec format error
    Init: failed to spawn mountall main process: unable to execute: Exec format error

And then it hangs. forever. I know it says to wait in the tutorial, so i waited 5 hours. Then i rebooted, and waiting again another 5 hours, stuck at same spot.

I tried flashing again, and again stuck at exact same spot. Is it possible i am doing something wrong? please help!

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• SergioPoverony
    replied
    Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
    (I don't yet know how to configure the flashtool, once I do, step 7 can be eliminated - if some kind soul can share with me - I will be obliged)
    For YOU config.zip
    i'm install on my tablet PC - i dont see on screen, work only backlight. How Fix it?
    PIPO m8pro RK3188
    Last edited by SergioPoverony; 12-02-2013, 04:32.

Leave a comment:

• dave333
    replied
    multiboot mk908II

Hello!

I'm thinking, is there any multiboot, so you can both have picuntu and original rom / finnless. Would be nice to be able to test both. I have mk908II.

By the way, there are some Swedish users who test video service magine.com via picuntu?

Leave a comment:

• Jackyman38
    replied
    I just had a catastrophic crash earlier. I flashed PicUntu on to Rikomagic Mk802IV no problem and worked fine for a week. but I was compiling a new version of BOINC then I did a reboot, after that the device won't start at all. I had to reflash back to PicUntu 4.5 from the beginning. I am not sure what happened, may be a NAND flash write error or something.

Leave a comment:

• sgjava
    replied
    Originally posted by marcwolf View Post
    Hi and many thanks for all of the info.

I am using a Reco MK 809III and as I am running Picuntu on it I am unsure of the rom version.

I'm pretty new to this micro pc's so I am a little unsure flashing a new rom. Can someone point me to a link that gives approx. step by step details on how to do that. Some of the posts I have read talk about replacing the kernel.img but that's part of Linux.. not the rom itself

I only need 320 x 240 image data so the load on the SB will be less. There is also the possibility of using one of the HD webcam that does JPEG compression on te camera side.

Again any thanks for your input
    Dave
    Using gstreamer you will get pretty good performance by letting the camera do the JPEG compression. 1280x720 @ 10 FPS will use about 25-30% of a dual core. This is doing motion detection as well, so you should actually get a little better performance depending on the application. 1280x1024 @ 5 FPS with no compression uses about 45% of a dual core.

Leave a comment:

• marcwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sgjava View Post
    See http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/vie...tart=30#p16659. It appears that USB cameras only work with the latest factory ROM, so I would assume that once the kernel is based on that it will work on the RK3188 in Linux or Android ROMs. They will not work on the original stock ROM (at least the MK802IV Pre-July model). On the MK808 I can easily get 640x480 @ 30 FPS with a cheap $6 USB webcam, no problem.
    Hi and many thanks for all of the info.

I am using a Reco MK 809III and as I am running Picuntu on it I am unsure of the rom version.

I'm pretty new to this micro pc's so I am a little unsure flashing a new rom. Can someone point me to a link that gives approx. step by step details on how to do that. Some of the posts I have read talk about replacing the kernel.img but that's part of Linux.. not the rom itself

I only need 320 x 240 image data so the load on the SB will be less. There is also the possibility of using one of the HD webcam that does JPEG compression on te camera side.

Again any thanks for your input
    Dave
    Last edited by marcwolf; 11-30-2013, 04:42.

Leave a comment:

• sgjava
    replied
    Hi.
    I have gone further with some experiments. I found this page

Build Your Own Camera based on RK3066/RK3188. Contribute to sgjava/byoc development by creating an account on GitHub.

And when I installed cheese I could use the Digitech and Ritmo cams.. However the Microsoft and Logitech cams still would not register as video0

So I can use some camera's with the uvcdynctrl and see a webcam feed but it is very very slow and I am getting a constant string of libv4l2: errors

As I am not interested in webstreaming I did not go any further, however until the speed of frames and/or the drivers for the camera's are working it puts my research at a halt.

If you have any suggestion then that be great.
    Dave
    Make sure your user has permission to the video group:

usermod -a -G video <username>

This may not be the issue, but try it. Also, see my reply a couple of posts down.

Leave a comment:

• sgjava
    replied
    USB Webcams

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
    Webcams can do around 8-10 FPS at 640x480. The limitation is from USB speed.
    If you are interested I can give you a very simple program which test pure webcam speed (e.g it just reads frames as soon as they are available for v4l driver) and measure rate.
    my RK3188 and rk3066 devices give around 8-10 FPS, same webcam on old and slow Intel-based laptop gives 30FPS.
    See http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/vie...tart=30#p16659. It appears that USB cameras only work with the latest factory ROM, so I would assume that once the kernel is based on that it will work on the RK3188 in Linux or Android ROMs. They will not work on the original stock ROM (at least the MK802IV Pre-July model). On the MK808 I can easily get 640x480 @ 30 FPS with a cheap $6 USB webcam, no problem.

Leave a comment:

• mmm123
    replied
    Webcams can do around 8-10 FPS at 640x480. The limitation is from USB speed.
    If you are interested I can give you a very simple program which test pure webcam speed (e.g it just reads frames as soon as they are available for v4l driver) and measure rate.
    my RK3188 and rk3066 devices give around 8-10 FPS, same webcam on old and slow Intel-based laptop gives 30FPS.

Leave a comment:

• marcwolf
    replied
    Hi Alok

I have tried several

Microsoft LifeCam vx-3000 - I can see is with lsusb but no /dev/video0
    Digitech N287 - Can see dev/video0 but wll not display any picture
    Laser webcam - no lsusb
    Ritmo webcam - no lsusb

Please help - my project really needs a webcam....
    Many thanks
    Marc
    Hi.
    I have gone further with some experiments. I found this page

Build Your Own Camera based on RK3066/RK3188. Contribute to sgjava/byoc development by creating an account on GitHub.

And when I installed cheese I could use the Digitech and Ritmo cams.. However the Microsoft and Logitech cams still would not register as video0

So I can use some camera's with the uvcdynctrl and see a webcam feed but it is very very slow and I am getting a constant string of libv4l2: errors

As I am not interested in webstreaming I did not go any further, however until the speed of frames and/or the drivers for the camera's are working it puts my research at a halt.

If you have any suggestion then that be great.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• musamk
    replied
    Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
    And here is the kernel....
    First Unzip it
    Just erase the older kernel and flash this one with rkflash tool 1.37 , you are good to go...
    Hi,
    I have a k-r42. The device is very slow to 1080p. May you compile a 720p kernel ?
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• marcwolf
    replied
    What Cam are u using ?

Alok
    Hi Alok

I have tried several

Microsoft LifeCam vx-3000 - I can see is with lsusb but no /dev/video0
    Digitech N287 - Can see dev/video0 but wll not display any picture
    Laser webcam - no lsusb
    Ritmo webcam - no lsusb

Please help - my project really needs a webcam....
    Many thanks
    Marc

Leave a comment:

• flacdo
    replied
    Why not try the same...phjanderson has done some very impressive work

Alok
    Hi and thank you !
    Well, according to my poor english you mean : why not trying the original kernel ?
    That is what I have done, with bad result for the ethernet connection. And that is why I was wondering if the phjanderson kernel replacement would be ok.
    Or maybe this is your answer : try the replacement...
    Arg...
    I Have to go back to school
    Thanks again !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X